PDA

View Full Version : Tazing of 72 Grandmother Justified?

The_Dark_Knight
06-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Was the tazing of this 72 year old woman by police officers justified?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv91_VC2L3w

dreday
06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Gotta disagree with the boys in blue on this one..He could have just as easily cuffed her and brought her in.He only tazered grandma because she dared him.Temper got in the way.No way this should be justified.

ih8brady
06-11-2009, 05:37 PM
She was an old hag acting very arrogantly, but she was no threat. Cuff her feeble hands and affirm the law, but shocking her was out of line and hopefully the cop is punished(prob won't happen though). Terrible, hopefully this cop is aminority in his choice of actions.

And the news reporter was wrong. Just because no lasting scars or serious damage occured does not mean harm was not caused.

GoonBoss
06-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Contempt of cop in the 1st degree. Punishable by a tazering. Stupidity should not breed stupidity. That's why they are paid.

fishfanfromjerz
06-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Equal justice for all!!! How do we know that this sweet old lady wasn't some drug mule? I applaud the cop for his actions, he should of threw a couple of elbows into this old broads rib cage. That would of settled her down. Women complain about equal rights and feminism, blah blah blah.... But when it comes to getting tasered, it's unacceptable. Old age or not, there is no glass ceiling in law enforcement.

The_Dark_Knight
06-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Well guys, for those who don't know, there's something called priorities of force, or levels of force. It is a graduating degree in the severity of force that is used in subduing or apprehending a suspect. The levels of force are in order..

Verbal persuasion; Lawful orders
Show of force; additional officers
Less than lethal weapons; stun guns, tazers, OC Pepper Spray
Physical Force; Unarmed self defense
Deadly Force; Authorized use of firearm.

Now some of you may be asking, why is non lethal weapons an option prior to physical force? Well, in phsical force, the officer is actually putting his/her hands on the suspect to physically control them. Additionally, it also places the officer at greater risk as he is vulnerable to attack however, since the use of deadly force is the absolute least desireable outcome of a situation, physical force is the LAST measure of force prior to deadly force.

So with all of this being said...by law, by procedure, by graduated degrees in the prioroties of force...the use of the tazer was indeed justified.

GoonBoss
06-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Maybe PD is different from security. I'm licensed in about 17 states and I've never seen one instance where use of any sort of weapon comes before bare hands.

Bumpus
06-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I voted yes.

I don't care who you think you are (72 or not) ... That's not how you interact with law enforcement.

The woman was defiant, ignored his commands, and attempted to force her way past him to get back in her truck and leave. The officier had no way of knowing if this belligerent woman was even armed.

The stupid old hag got what she deserved.

Bumpus
06-12-2009, 11:10 AM
IMO, anyone dumb enough to act like that with a cop, might just be dumb enough to pull a pistol.

BobDole
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
i don't know how much of a threat she actually posed - but that **** was funny as hell.

ih8brady
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
i don't know how much of a threat she actually posed - but that **** was funny as hell.

True, kind of like a senior citizen "Don't taze me, young whippersnapple!'

utaggie
06-12-2009, 04:42 PM
That's the we roll in Tx. you dare us we Do it.

Arsenal WV
06-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I think it could have been handled differently. He could have just wrote "refused to sign" on the ticket and let her leave or whatever. If not, she's 72 years old, she's not going to put up a fight. Cuff her and put her in the cruiser if need be. But tazing her was a litle too much.

d-day
06-16-2009, 01:09 AM
maybe the officer spends a lot of time on her lawn

ih8brady
06-16-2009, 02:20 AM
maybe the officer spends a lot of time on her lawn

The officer was the guy who canceled Matlock.