PDA

View Full Version : Blew Family A Kiss At Graduation~Denied Diploma

dreday
06-17-2009, 03:28 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/06/8875Grad-1.jpg (http://www.hotchyx.com/)

http://www.wmtw.com/education/19763059/detail.html

STANDISH, Maine -- Justin Denney's family watched on as he ascended the Cumberland County Civic Center stage during graduation Friday night to accept his diploma, but the superintendent told him to return to his seat.

The Bonny Eagle High School senior's mother wants an apology, and her son wants his diploma, News 8's Will Lewis exclusively reported Monday night.

"It's all I can think of now," Justin Denney said. "Why did that happen. What just happened?"

Mary Denney said she can't believe how her son's taking a bow and blowing a kiss on stage was grounds for the superintendent to withhold his diploma.

PhinzN703
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM
:crazy:

Lappy
06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
That's crazy the same thing happened to Spray Mucus......

only he never had enough credits, nor was he on stage and his mother was working nights at Denny's.

BAMAPHIN 22
06-17-2009, 04:58 PM
"How is a kiss to your mom is considered misbehavior?" :tumbleweed: "I think someone of authority can't handle authority!":err:

GoonBoss
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow.

1 dol fan
06-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Give him the chair?

X-Pacolypse
06-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Unreal.

GoonBoss
06-17-2009, 08:44 PM
You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat.

You know...My distrust of the "education" system started very young. I had lots of great teachers, but, it seemed they were like Cliff divers.... You had.."Grand Champion" and, "Stuff on a rock" Even the teachers that were great teachers, but, just couldn't reach me, I would acknowledge as good teachers.

The whole of the educational system today seems to be full of ratheaded nincompoops. I have three boys in public school. If I could pay to get them the education they deserved, I would. As it is, I have to deal with these people.

ih8brady
06-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Zero tolerance idiocy from slugheads with no common sense.

Vaark
06-17-2009, 09:52 PM
That's crazy the same thing happened to Spray Mucus......

only he never had enough credits, nor was he on stage and his mother was working nights at Denny's.

Only, he blew a kiss to the mailman since it was a GED correspondence course?

Dolfan3773
06-17-2009, 11:52 PM
That sucks

Bumpus
06-18-2009, 01:37 AM
:lol:
Get the **** outta here! That actually happened???

Power trip, table for one ...

The_Dark_Knight
06-18-2009, 01:58 AM
This is as stupid as that kindergardner or 1st grader a year or so ago being suspended for kissing a girl in his class...the school saying he was sexually harassing her (or something to that effect...anyone emember that story?)

I remember when I graduated back in 1983, we were "threatened" with the withholding of our diplomas for any misbehavior, but for blowing a kiss to your family???

You know, one thing that aggrevates me nowadays is what I perceive to be a lack of respect by the younger generation but it's stupidity like this when we show no respect to our youngsters that perpetuates it. It's no wonder our younger generation turnsout to be a bunch of punks when that's exactly how we treat them.

Either that or since this occurred in Maine, that's your liberal northeast for you! :lol:

tylerdolphin
06-18-2009, 07:09 PM
This is as stupid as that kindergardner or 1st grader a year or so ago being suspended for kissing a girl in his class...the school saying he was sexually harassing her (or something to that effect...anyone emember that story?)
Are you serious? Kissing under the desks used to always happen when I was in grade one :lol:. Is a suspension really necessary?

GoonBoss
06-18-2009, 07:31 PM

I remember when I graduated back in 1983, we were "threatened" with the withholding of our diplomas for any misbehavior, but for blowing a kiss to your family???

You know, one thing that aggrevates me nowadays is what I perceive to be a lack of respect by the younger generation but it's stupidity like this when we show no respect to our youngsters that perpetuates it. It's no wonder our younger generation turnsout to be a bunch of punks when that's exactly how we treat them.

Either that or since this occurred in Maine, that's your liberal northeast for you! :lol:

Actually, most of Maine is as liberal as Texas. Redneck central. I've known a number of guys from Maine.