PDA

View Full Version : Mother fought off cougar to save toddler from attack

Lappy
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/06/17/bc-squamish-cougar-shot.html?ref=rss

"She [Maya] was on her back and he had his paws in her head, and I just knew I had to react quick, so I just jumped in there and wedged myself between the cougar and her on the ground, and I just got up and threw it off my back and grabbed her and booked it," she said

hahahahaha Canadians!

1 dol fan
06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
LOL, I was thinking that some old desperate lady was chasing after toddlers...

SpurzN703
06-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Why kill it? It's just being cougar-ish

GoonBoss
06-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Why kill it? It's just being cougar-ish

If it was my kid, the cougar would be dead-ish. Of course that would've been in the states, and, I would have had my weapon on me.

Bumpus
06-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Mmmm...

Mountain Lion jerkey ... I wonder why she didn't eat it.

ih8brady
06-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Last known photographs of the suspected cougar:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/06/segoleneES_228x380-1.jpg

BobDole
06-19-2009, 05:40 AM
cougar on cougar violence never solves anything. when will they learn?

SpurzN703
06-19-2009, 09:53 AM
If it was my kid, the cougar would be dead-ish. Of course that would've been in the states, and, I would have had my weapon on me.

So you'd have your weapon on you as this all went down eh? Or are you saying you'd chase the ****er into the woods and get 'em.

Besides, what are the odds they got the right cougar anyway?

ih8brady
06-19-2009, 09:59 AM
So you'd have your weapon on you as this all went down eh? Or are you saying you'd chase the ****er into the woods and get 'em.

Ohhh, I see. The old right place, wrong cougar ordeal.....
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/06/monicabelluccipicture2-1.jpg

GoonBoss
06-19-2009, 04:56 PM

1. I have my weapon with me 90% of the time I leave the house. It is very likely that I would have it on me in such an encounter.

2. Ain't no chasing to it. The critter attacks my family, it's getting dead. Bullets travel faster than me on my best day ever.

3. I've had to shoot a number of critters in that class of critter. Usually, it was when they were after my chickens and goats. I only do a couple of things in this life well. Shooting happens to be one of them.

Lappy
06-19-2009, 05:00 PM
1. I have my weapon with me 90% of the time I leave the house. It is very likely that I would have it on me in such an encounter.

2. Ain't no chasing to it. The critter attacks my family, it's getting dead. Bullets travel faster than me on my best day ever.

3. I've had to shoot a number of critters in that class of critter. Usually, it was when they were after my chickens and goats. I only do a couple of things in this life well. Shooting happens to be one of them.

you're a scary, scary dude.

GoonBoss
06-19-2009, 05:33 PM
you're a scary, scary dude.

Actually, I'm the biggest teddy bear you'd ever want to know. It's very hard to make me angry, and, I get calmer as a bad situation gets worse.

There is one thing I cannot tolerate or excuse; Harm to my family.

Critters that attack my family...Either of the two or four legged variety, have a very bad person to deal with as a result of their actions.

In this case, the Cougar is getting dead (Not the hot chicks...the animal in question)

As far as carrying a weapon...I've done so for many years. Licensed, legal, and, trained.

SpurzN703
06-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Actually, I'm the biggest teddy bear you'd ever want to know. It's very hard to make me angry, and, I get calmer as a bad situation gets worse.

Critters that attack my family...Either of the two or four legged variety, have a very bad person to deal with as a result of their actions.

In this case, the Cougar is getting dead (Not the hot chicks...the animal in question)

As far as carrying a weapon...I've done so for many years. Licensed, legal, and, trained.

Remind me to run away from you if I get too close :chuckle:

ih8brady
06-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Alert level lessened from 9 to 1.

GoonBoss
06-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Remind me to run away from you if I get too close :chuckle:

Close to me I don't mind. Close to my loved ones with ill intent? We will have problems :up:

MelbournePhin
06-22-2009, 11:10 PM

wow, such a badass

GoonBoss
06-22-2009, 11:16 PM
wow, such a badass

Nothing badass about it. Pitbull, Cougar, Mountain Lion, human, or any other critter that attacks my family has me to deal with. I have very little mercy when it comes to someone, or something attacking my family.

Maybe you will understand when you have a family. Maybe you won't. I won't and, don't claim to be any sort of badass. It's just fairly simple; Attack my family at your own risk.

I wouldn't give two cents for a man that would stand by and watch his family come under threat of death and not act.

But hey...That's just me...Your milage may vary.

SpurzN703
06-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Close to me I don't mind. Close to my loved ones with ill intent? We will have problems :up:

Next time I go to a Spurs game in SA I'll keep that in mind :wink:

GoonBoss
06-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Next time I go to a Spurs game in SA I'll keep that in mind :wink:

You might see me there. My wife is from there. Family still lives there :) We live exactly 2:48 hrs from Ft Sam Houston. Don't ask me how I know. :)

MelbournePhin
06-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Nothing badass about it. Pitbull, Cougar, Mountain Lion, human, or any other critter that attacks my family has me to deal with. I have very little mercy when it comes to someone, or something attacking my family.

Maybe you will understand when you have a family. Maybe you won't. I won't and, don't claim to be any sort of badass. It's just fairly simple; Attack my family at your own risk.

I wouldn't give two cents for a man that would stand by and watch his family come under threat of death and not act.

But hey...That's just me...Your milage may vary.

i hear ya, im not a gun person i guess

Spray Mucus
06-24-2009, 11:49 AM

Had no idea Ted Nugget was a Dolphins fan

GoonBoss
06-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Had no idea Ted Nugget was a Dolphins fan

Well, in fairness....."Nuge" would want to shoot the critter with a bow and arrow.

Me? I don't carry a bow and arrow in my strong side waist holster. Hard to conceal, and, the magazine capacity sucks.

GoonBoss
06-25-2009, 04:32 PM
i hear ya, im not a gun person i guess

A gun is just another tool. If I carried a hammer every day, I'd use a hammer to attack with. If I carried a knife, I'd use a knife. If I carried a fork, I'd use that. A gun is just the most efficient tool at my disposal to stop a deadly threat to myself of my loved ones that I can carry, so, I do so.