PDA

View Full Version : Here's one for the Darwin Awards



CedarPhin
06-20-2009, 01:22 PM
http://www.inquisitr.com/26700/girl-electrocuted-to-death-trying-to-twitter-in-the-bath/



A 17 year old girl in Romania has died while attempting to Twitter from her bathtub.
Flavia Boricea (incorrectly named on some sites as Maria Barbu) is believed to have been electrocuted while trying to plug her laptop in to continue a Twitter session interrupted by a flat battery. Reports on how she was electrocuted arenít precise: Romanian State television said that the electrocution was due to her having wet hands, although other reports suggest the laptop fell into the bath.
She was found dead in the bathtub by her parents, with her laptop lying next to her.
It probably goes without saying folks: Twitter and bath water donít mix.



Sounds like her experience on Twitter was a bit shocking.

GoonBoss
06-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Romanians..Go figgure.

FinFrenzy
06-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Good thing I only blow dry my hair in the bathtub...:foundout:

Bumpus
06-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Definatlely a Darwin finalist.

ih8brady
06-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Still, just the idea of twitter is as stupid as anything else.

SpurzN703
06-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Too bad for her. RIP

Ricky_Fan34
06-22-2009, 11:48 AM
It makes no damn sense to me why people continue to bring electronics and what not into the bath with them, even after we hear about so many electrocutions a year due to dropping the electric object into the water. It's inevitable, it'll happen eventuallyif you keep on doing it. The stupidity of some people just blows my mind.

BobDole
06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Good thing I only blow dry my hair in the bathtub...:foundout:

i love how there is actually a warning on hair dryers warning people not to use them while in the tub. people are smart.

Myles Fynch
06-28-2009, 02:40 AM
Too bad for her. RIP

Pretty tough for the parents to find her like that. They're probably blaming themselves, but it's easy for distracted people to make dumb mistakes. I feel bad for the three of them.

GoonBoss
06-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Pretty tough for the parents to find her like that. They're probably blaming themselves, but it's easy for distracted people to make dumb mistakes. I feel bad for the three of them.

Good to see you back my friend.

Arsenal WV
06-28-2009, 03:48 AM
KIDS ARE TOO IN TOUCH WITH THE INTERNET THESE DAYS




STOP USING THE net and you will be good


im sorry for saying this...but what an idiot

Gonzo
06-29-2009, 08:01 PM
KIDS ARE TOO IN TOUCH WITH THE INTERNET THESE DAYS




STOP USING THE net and you will be good


im sorry for saying this...but what an idiotExcept for visiting Finheaven...and porn.

Possum
06-30-2009, 01:53 AM
i love how there is actually a warning on hair dryers warning people not to use them while in the tub. people are smart.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/06/heres_your_sign-1.jpg

d-day
06-30-2009, 11:41 PM
A 17 year old girl in Romania has died while attempting to Twitter from her bathtub.
Flavia Boricea (incorrectly named on some sites as Maria Barbu) is believed to have been electrocuted while trying to plug her laptop in to continue a Twitter session interrupted by a flat battery. Reports on how she was electrocuted aren’t precise: Romanian State television said that the electrocution was due to her having wet hands, although other reports suggest the laptop fell into the bath.
She was found dead in the bathtub by her parents, with her laptop lying next to her.
It probably goes without saying folks: Twitter and bath water don’t mix.

the only thing a 17 year old should be doing in her bathtub is her twatter

Gonzo
06-30-2009, 11:44 PM
the only thing a 17 year old should be doing in her bathtub is her twatter
But what if her batteries die and she has to recharge?