PDA

View Full Version : So Is Anyone Browsing With Opera?

Vaark
06-23-2009, 01:50 PM
So on the recommendation of a friend, I D/L'ed Opera 9 since I've been been gettng increasingly frustrated with Firefox's and IE 8's load time, hanging, bootup time, etc.. seems like with each new version they become even more bloated.

Anyway, I've been using Opera for a few days and really haven't experienced any problems yets, aside from FH and a few other sites not setting up exactly right - but not bad. There are definitely some limitations, but for me, it's like lightyears faster than the other 2 for basic surfing, and there are some nice extensions they call "widgets." As a long time mozilla user, I'm disappointed how bogged down firefox has become for me.

Just curious if anyone else is using the Opera browser, and if so, what are the upsides, and more importantly the downsides or limitations to expect?

dolpns13
06-23-2009, 01:54 PM
there are better browsers than IE? All I have ever used was IE? Do you just download and install them?

Vaark
06-23-2009, 03:49 PM
there are better browsers than IE? All I have ever used was IE? Do you just download and install them?

Definitely..just d/l and install like any s/w. I'd bet at least 50% of everyone on here at least uses Firefox either exclusively or alternatively with IE. Generally it's been safer, less buggy and resource hungry and more customizable.

here are a couple to check out:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html

www.opera.com

www.google.com/chrome

GoonBoss
06-23-2009, 03:53 PM
I haven't. I've seen lots of offerings of late.....But I like firefox. Of course, I'm a recent convert from IE, so, I'm still going..."Woooooooow...This is great....."

Vaark
06-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Hmmm..I guess noone. I really do like its speed -at least so far although it's got some limitations like importing/exporting bookmarks and integrated email.

Myles Fynch
06-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Hmmm..I guess noone. I really do like its speed -at least so far although it's got some limitations like importing/exporting bookmarks and integrated email.

I tried Opera many years ago when there was a free version (crap) and a pay version (you've got to be kidding me.)

Didn't care for it at the time. Netscape was my preference over IE then, with Satan a close second. Admittedly and regretfully, Firefox 3 has followed the Nero path to self-bloat implosion. When you stop listening to the people, you deserve your head on a pole outside the walls of the city.

Peace.

GoonBoss
06-28-2009, 02:40 AM
I tried Opera many years ago when there was a free version (crap) and a pay version (you've got to be kidding me.)

Didn't care for it at the time. Netscape was my preference over IE then, with Satan a close second. Admittedly and regretfully, Firefox 3 has followed the Nero path to self-bloat implosion. When you stop listening to the people, you deserve your head on a pole outside the walls of the city.

Peace.

:lol:

I still like Firefox.