PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Dolfan3773
06-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Went to see it tonight at an advance screening...BAD *** MOVIE! I recommend it big time.

BARF
06-24-2009, 01:02 AM
i am going to see it on saturday

BARF
06-24-2009, 01:06 AM
so which are the new robots in it

SpaceMountain16
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
I saw it and i liked it a lot. I don't get all the hate for this movie, people are KILLING it. The critics are one thing, i mean i'm not expecting them to give great reviews to a movie that is basically all special effects and no real substance. But what i don't understand is the "fanboys" who are ripping this movie unbelievably. I don't understand what they want? I think both Transformers movies have been very well done but they rip them because they want Optimus Prime to be Oscar nominated or something. They're ****ing giant robots, what more can they do except fight and blow stuff up?

Anyway the movie as i said was pretty solid. I'm not a fan of the series so my problem with it was knowing what the hell was going on Robot wise. Several times there are these robot brawls between like 20 of them and i have no idea who is who or whats going on. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are the only ones i can distinguish in the fights because they have color. The bad guys all look the same.

One thing i didn't like were the two jive talking transformer robots. They seriously were ruining the movie by the end of it. I mean it was funny at first to see them both cursing or whatever but it got old fast during the movie when they kept repeating the same tired insults.

Megan Fox is indeed hot. Towards the end theres several scenes of her running in slow motion in the Desert and yes indeed that is worth the price of admission.

Again, a very enjoyable movie, i don't get all the hate, it's better than the first one. Much more action. I mean i guess they must have really ****ed something up for all these fans of the series to be ripping it like they do. I'm the same way with Spider-Man and X-Men and i'm sure the masses enjoyed that. Optimus Prime is really cool in the movie. It's very funny i think, especially Sam's parents and John Turturro.

Don't expect any kind of real plot or story though. There was a story but it was kind of dumb. Apparently there are leftover pieces from the Allspark Cube in the first movie so the Decepticons (the bad guys) are trying to steal them so they can revive Megatron. Then for some reason they try and blow up the sun......I think thats the jist of it. But you can't pass up the experience of the cool fight scenes and loud explosions. I don't care what people say about Michael Bay he knows how to make an entertaining movie.

Dolfan3773
06-24-2009, 11:15 PM
so which are the new robots in it

I was never a big fan of the series but I know the basics. Like Space Mountain said, I really dont know about all the robots but the movie (action wise) was really good

ih8brady
06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Racist propaganda:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/jivetalking-twin-transformers-raise-race-issues-ap

jared81
06-27-2009, 12:11 AM
#1 movie on my list, im trying to get the woman to go with me this weekend, but she wants to wait until the crowds calm down (god i feel old for saying that), so probably next week.

Gonzo
06-27-2009, 04:12 AM
I saw it and i liked it a lot. I don't get all the hate for this movie, people are KILLING it. The critics are one thing, i mean i'm not expecting them to give great reviews to a movie that is basically all special effects and no real substance. But what i don't understand is the "fanboys" who are ripping this movie unbelievably. I don't understand what they want? I think both Transformers movies have been very well done but they rip them because they want Optimus Prime to be Oscar nominated or something. They're ****ing giant robots, what more can they do except fight and blow stuff up?

Anyway the movie as i said was pretty solid. I'm not a fan of the series so my problem with it was knowing what the hell was going on Robot wise. Several times there are these robot brawls between like 20 of them and i have no idea who is who or whats going on. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are the only ones i can distinguish in the fights because they have color. The bad guys all look the same.

One thing i didn't like were the two jive talking transformer robots. They seriously were ruining the movie by the end of it. I mean it was funny at first to see them both cursing or whatever but it got old fast during the movie when they kept repeating the same tired insults.

Megan Fox is indeed hot. Towards the end theres several scenes of her running in slow motion in the Desert and yes indeed that is worth the price of admission.

Again, a very enjoyable movie, i don't get all the hate, it's better than the first one. Much more action. I mean i guess they must have really ****ed something up for all these fans of the series to be ripping it like they do. I'm the same way with Spider-Man and X-Men and i'm sure the masses enjoyed that. Optimus Prime is really cool in the movie. It's very funny i think, especially Sam's parents and John Turturro.

Don't expect any kind of real plot or story though. There was a story but it was kind of dumb. Apparently there are leftover pieces from the Allspark Cube in the first movie so the Decepticons (the bad guys) are trying to steal them so they can revive Megatron. Then for some reason they try and blow up the sun......I think thats the jist of it. But you can't pass up the experience of the cool fight scenes and loud explosions. I don't care what people say about Michael Bay he knows how to make an entertaining movie.
That's why the fanboys have been ripping it. I want to SEE the robots fighting. If I wanted to see machines just clanging together in no discernible way I'd slam Spray's mom's toys together for 2 1/2 hours. The biggest problem is that was the most common complaint about the first movie, so how does Bay respond? By doing it 10 times more in this one. The other problem, too much about the humans. **** the humans. I want to see robots beating the **** out of each other. I want to hear their story. I've seen enough teen angst and college transition movies.

And whoever came up with the jar jar binks twins should be mutilated and never let near another script, set, or human being.

Nobody expects, nor really wants a plot from Michael Bay. To see what happens when he tries to create one, watch Pearl Harbor. Only he can take a plot that is already written and drop a huge, steaming, bloody, california burrito-induced **** all over it. Best when he doesn't even bother to try.

That being said, can't wait to see it in IMAX.

Nublar7
06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Planning on going to see this movie tomorrow. Hope it is good.

Gonzo
06-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Quick and to the point (unlike the movie): I thought it was bad, and not just for the mini-minstrel show. I don't even care that it lacks a plot, I expect that out of any bay movie. I wanted to see giant ****ing robots fighting. I got about, what, 20 minutes total of that? It's called "Transformers," not "Another Teen Movie with Giant ****ing Robots as Backdrops." Those 20 minutes were awesome though.

Nothing against Megan, who is smoking hot (hotter in the first one) or Shia, who I think is a good actor; but I couldn't care less about their characters and I hope they get smashed by a Giant ****ing Robot in the first 5 minutes of the next one.

BARF
06-30-2009, 02:16 AM
#1 movie on my list, im trying to get the woman to go with me this weekend, but she wants to wait until the crowds calm down (god i feel old for saying that), so probably next week.

go around 1 or 3 pm no crowd

BARF
06-30-2009, 02:17 AM
the movie is awesome cannot wait for part 3, and cannot wait for g.i. joe

Layfield
07-03-2009, 06:07 AM
i thought the movie was unbelievably amazing. i liked the funny robots. i liked the human subplot. everything about it was great.

Layfield
07-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Quick and to the point (unlike the movie): I thought it was bad, and not just for the mini-minstrel show. I don't even care that it lacks a plot, I expect that out of any bay movie. I wanted to see giant ****ing robots fighting. I got about, what, 20 minutes total of that? It's called "Transformers," not "Another Teen Movie with Giant ****ing Robots as Backdrops." Those 20 minutes were awesome though.

Nothing against Megan, who is smoking hot (hotter in the first one) or Shia, who I think is a good actor; but I couldn't care less about their characters and I hope they get smashed by a Giant ****ing Robot in the first 5 minutes of the next one.
sounds like you expected it to be one thing and it wasnt. who cares if humans played a role in the movie. it would be totally lame to hear robots talking for two and a half hours. the movie was something that was extremely good regardless

GoonBoss
07-03-2009, 06:26 AM
That's why the fanboys have been ripping it. I want to SEE the robots fighting. If I wanted to see machines just clanging together in no discernible way I'd slam Spray's mom's toys together for 2 1/2 hours. The biggest problem is that was the most common complaint about the first movie, so how does Bay respond? By doing it 10 times more in this one. The other problem, too much about the humans. **** the humans. I want to see robots beating the **** out of each other. I want to hear their story. I've seen enough teen angst and college transition movies.

And whoever came up with the jar jar binks twins should be mutilated and never let near another script, set, or human being.

Nobody expects, nor really wants a plot from Michael Bay. To see what happens when he tries to create one, watch Pearl Harbor. Only he can take a plot that is already written and drop a huge, steaming, bloody, california burrito-induced **** all over it. Best when he doesn't even bother to try.

That being said, can't wait to see it in IMAX.

Rant grade 7/10.
Base of 5.
+1 For bloody stool reference.
+1 For a mother reference.
+1 For negative Jar Jar reference
-1 For mentioning Pearl Harbor.

Blackocrates
08-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I watched a bootleg copy. I couldn't bring myself to pay. After the movie ended, I vowed to never watch another Michael Bay movie again. He's a soul crusher. I'm actually ashamed to admit I watched it.

ohall
08-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Hopefully the 3rd one will be better. The 1st one was so good, I'd hate to see that kind of start go to waste.