PDA

View Full Version : Cops and Spped Limits

dolfan06
02-26-2002, 08:08 PM
man here in california, anything over 90 is automatic jail time! maybe ricky should move as far east as he can!:D

iceblizzard69
02-26-2002, 08:37 PM
In New York, the speed limit is 55. It is worse here than in California. In areas like 2 hours away from New York City, however, the speed limit is 65.

dolfan06
02-26-2002, 08:43 PM
some freeways are 70, but thats way out of town!:rolleyes:

dolfan87
02-26-2002, 10:13 PM
75 here in AZ...gotta love the wild west.

I don't like R.W.'s attitude, and going 125 is putting other peoples lives in danger. It is just immature, and stupid.

I really don't care either way if we get him or not, but a part of me would really like to see us draft a good RB.

dolfan06
02-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by dolfan87
75 here in AZ...gotta love the wild west.

I don't like R.W.'s attitude, and going 125 is putting other peoples lives in danger. It is just immature, and stupid.

I really don't care either way if we get him or not, but a part of me would really like to see us draft a good RB. the speed limit is 70 coming out of california and drops to 55 when you cross the state line on I-10 going to phoenix, builds back up to 75 then drops to 55 again as you enter the city! i know, i went there for the dolphin/cardinal game!:p

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 12:29 AM
The limit was changed two years ago...I should know, I LIVE HERE. :rolleyes:

I-10 is 75 until you reach city limits, then it drops anywhere between 65-55 through the city.

I-40 is 75 almost the entire way through AZ, until you hit Flagstaff, or any city limit, then again it is 65-55 through the city.

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 12:47 AM
i'm goin back to arkansas saturday!;)

Cranx
02-27-2002, 02:08 AM
Actually 06 it's only a citation, even over 100mph, unless there are "other circumstances" which constitute reckless driving. Even then though, we usually just cite and release on a misdemeanor arrest. Unless you really piss us off there's not a lot more than a citation you'll get for any traffic violation. The fine for going over 100mph, I must say, is exceptionally hefty though.

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 02:28 AM
some cops are pretty cool though! some guy went straight ahead in a right turn only lane and cut me off, i got pissed and started chasing him. we were goig over 90 down la palma in anaheim, the main problem was, there was a blk&wht already chasing him, and he flagged us both over. he wrote the other guy up for going 90, but he knew i was pissed at the dude and he gave me a break, only wrote me up for 60 in a 40. he could have got me for several things, including passing on the right!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Cranx
02-27-2002, 02:57 AM
I usually give warnings too. I just try to put myself in the situation and remember how much I hated getting tickets. I only have two gaurenteed tickets I give out: (1) you do something really dangerous or (2) you have an attitude (those are especially fun to give :evil: ) People who are cool with me usually get out of being cited. If you get pulled over by a CHiPy or a motorcycle cop anywhere however, you'll most likely be getting a ticket no matter how cheesy.:cry:

Ricky's little act, while immature, is something that pretty much every single one of us have done in the past so let's not judge him too harshly on this. He still has some growing up to do and I'm hoping he does it in Miami. :goof:

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 03:06 AM
Ricky's little act, while immature, is something that pretty much every single one of us have done in the past so let's not judge him too harshly on this. He still has some growing up to do and

if i got a ticket everytime i had my foot on the gas, i'd have lost my license a long time ago. i've actually had cops come along side and motion me to slow down instead of pulling me over!

but the worst ones are the CHP's that drive the santa ana canyon! i had one flip me off for trying to pass him, i didn't know he was trying to run a round robin, he didn't even have his lights on!

Cranx
02-27-2002, 03:24 AM
I'm going to have to agree that the CHiPy's are the worst. We like to call them AAA with a badge or CalTrans with a gun :lol:. I'm glad they're out there doing their jobs but I think that most of them are just a little bitter about the fact that all they get to do all day is write tickets and scrape people off roads:cry: .

What part of SoCal are you from?

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 03:29 AM
a little bit east of corona!;)

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 03:33 AM
is gonna be split tomorrow, football kinda left the building, if you know what i mean!:eek: ;)

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 10:26 AM
Here you go 06:

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/az.html

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by dolfan87
Here you go 06:

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/az.html how can you even do any driving, about the only thing i understand is some roads have a max of 85, some are 75, but MOST ARE 65!:p

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 11:33 AM
what i am not too sure about, you're comment about the wild west. is it still legal to wear a sidearm in arizona, if it still is, does it have to be registered?:rolleyes:

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 11:52 AM
Yes it is legal, and there is no registration in AZ.

this is what you need to take from that link

In fact the rural Interstate speed limit is 75 (and a court has accepted a challenge to a ticket on the grounds that traffic engineering standards call for a higher limit) and the limit on most other rural roads is 65.

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Yes it is legal, and there is no registration in AZ.

keeps these guys that are quick with mouth and short on brains from saying too much. never know when somebody is holding.

since there is no registration, does that mean you can walk into any place, buy a gun, and walk out! no waiting period! :rolleyes:

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 01:45 PM
No waiting period. They make a call with your SSN, and if your clean, they sell you your weapon.

We also have concealed carry permits, which I have, and I think every state should have. Why make it illegal for responsible citizens to carry firearms, so that the criminals have every advantage in a street confrontation?

06 this isn't anything against you, but you couldn't pay me enough to live in Cali, with all the laws, and earthquakes. No tint on your windows, can't carry a weapon, mostly a democrat state...blah.

:)

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 01:55 PM
drivers side and passenger side!

06 this isn't anything against you, but you couldn't pay me enough to live in Cali, with all the laws, and earthquakes. No tint on your windows, can't carry a weapon, mostly a democrat state...blah.

but its where the aero-space work is, but when i retire i'm gettin out. too many people, all from some where else that expect california to support em! my son lived in bullhead, and he liked it!:D

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 06:25 PM
I had a CA state trooper pull me over, and sit there while I scraped the tint off my window with a razor blade. I told him I was from AZ, and he said it didn't matter, I was to either avoid california or not have my windows tinted.

I don't like Cops, in fact I have yet to meet one who doesn't have an attitude. I stopped to ask directions from one once, and he told me to get "out of his street", or he was going to "write me up".

When my house was robbed, he refused to do prints on the glass, simply because it would, and I am quoting here..."make too much of a mess"

That guy also gave me attitude, because everything that was missing was taken cleanly, the burgler didn't mess anything up in the house. He basically was trying to say I took the stuff to get the insurance money.

Yup, never once had a good experience with the Police.

"To Protect And Serve" my ass...a waste of my tax dollars if you ask me.

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 07:03 PM
"To Protect And Serve" my ass...a waste of my tax dollars if you ask me.

you're confusing CHP's with the local yokels, most locals i have met are pretty cool. every now and then you get a young one thats too friggin proud of his badge to do anybody any good but on the most part, they're ok!:)

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 07:44 PM
The local yokel was the one who told me to get out of his street, and he was also the one who did the report on my house. I have ran into State Troopers, local PD, S.O. officers, and even a M.P once.

My neighbor is EX-S.O., and he is ok, pretty cool actually, but again, he is EX-S.O. lol

Sorry 06, don't like em at all. This is AZ, Cali, anywhere.

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 07:47 PM
he sounds pretty cool, i'd like to meet him!:D

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 09:01 PM
yea, you know all these guys might be ok in their off time, but it is something about them being on the job or something, they get assholitis.

Expo has been pretty cool...maybe he will be my first cool cop. lol

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 09:20 PM
you may be older and married, but you look young and those are the ones that get harassed about tinted windows. its just an excuse to pull you guys over.:rolleyes:

dolfan87
02-27-2002, 10:15 PM
yup...just an excuse to be a cop. I think it would be funny to have one day a year, where we could pull them over and give them a ration. Now THAT would be fun.

dolfan06
02-27-2002, 10:26 PM
:goof:

Dolfan984
02-28-2002, 01:06 AM
mostly a democrat state

That is why California is so great.

dolfan06
02-28-2002, 01:09 AM
barry goldwater was from arizona, huh?;)

iceblizzard69
02-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984

That is why California is so great.

I hate it when people like someone because of their party. Almost everyone in my school hates Bush, who is a great president. Most of them hate him because he is a Republican. I wish this country would get rid of the party system so that the elections would be more about the candidates than the party they are associated with.

iceblizzard69
02-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
barry goldwater was from arizona, huh?;)

We learned about him last year. He wanted to get rid of social security, what a MORON! It is great that he never won.