PDA

View Full Version : Ant mega-colony colonizes the world

Myles Fynch
07-01-2009, 06:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8127000/8127519.stm

or as I like to call it:

Billions of Inbred Ants Threaten Humanity With Extinction

...whenever ants from the main European and Californian super-colonies and those from the largest colony in Japan came into contact, they acted as if they were old friends... as if they all belonged to the same colony, despite living on different continents separated by vast oceans.

The most plausible explanation is that ants from these three super-colonies are indeed family, and are all genetically related, say the researchers.

BobDole
07-01-2009, 08:23 PM
'one thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. and i, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. i’d like to remind them that as a trusted tv personality, i can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.'

- kent brockman

Myles Fynch
07-01-2009, 08:36 PM
'one thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. and i, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. id like to remind them that as a trusted tv personality, i can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.'

- kent brockman

That was a great one!

With any luck, ours will go something like this..

lol @ 2:40

P6XrKN16cuc

GoonBoss
07-02-2009, 05:12 AM
'one thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. and i, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. id like to remind them that as a trusted tv personality, i can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.'

- kent brockman

:lol2:

Jesus that was a funny one. One of my fav Simpson's episodes.

Bumpus
07-02-2009, 11:12 AM
So it is settled. Antartica shall be our rebel base of operations. Down with the Empire!

Myles Fynch
07-04-2009, 12:58 AM
So it is settled. Antartica shall be our rebel base of operations. Down with the Empire!

Aren't you going to check out the fishing there first, before we make such an important decision?

Bumpus
07-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Silly me ...

Damn, now I've gotta save up for an Antartican fishing Holiday.

Bumpus
07-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Hmmm...

WTF swims in water that cold???

Myles Fynch
07-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Hmmm...

WTF swims in water that cold???

Scary thought. Maybe even scarier than ants.

ih8brady
07-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Scary thought. Maybe even scarier than ants.

RDS?

Myles Fynch
07-04-2009, 01:31 AM
RDS?

Perhaps the mastermind of a billion nation strong incestuous global ant empire is at last revealed.