PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts

Scrap
10-21-2003, 11:34 AM
It's halloween time, so I figured it was a good time to discuss this. Does anyone here believe in ghosts? Or seen one?Give us the scoop. I haven't ever seen one, but they may be real.

dolphan39
10-21-2003, 11:55 AM
check this out: http://dolphan39.finheaven.com/Ghosts.pps

you need Powerpoint to watch: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?amp;displaylang=en&familyid=d1649c22-b51f-4910-93fc-4cf2832d3342&displaylang=en

P.S. of course, witches are real: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20031021/od_nm/life_norway_witch_dc

Scrap
10-21-2003, 12:16 PM
I had to watch that slide show twice.Pretty neat stuff.

bigbry
10-21-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by ScrappyDew
It's halloween time, so I figured it was a good time to discuss this. Does anyone here believe in ghosts? Or seen one?Give us the scoop. I haven't ever seen one, but they may be real.

Yes they are real...I've seen two in my lifetime and spoke to one of them, although, she didnt speak back. TRUE STORY

BB

XoPhinsoX
10-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bigbry

Yes they are real...I've seen two in my lifetime and spoke to one of them, although, she didnt speak back. TRUE STORY

BB

LSD is bad :( :lol:

Baz
10-22-2003, 03:23 AM
I have a story for you all. Back on highschool, my bedroom was in the back of our house. It was in a small secluded corner. It had 3 windows, all of which I kept locked, and one door, which I always locked when I was sleeping. One night I woke up and my light was on and my alarm clock was on the other side of the room. No one could have gotten in. So how did it happen? I think it was a ghost......

10-22-2003, 04:30 AM
maybe you were sleepwalking. i always thought sleepwalking was BS, but my wife tells me that sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and walk to the kitchen and raid the fridge without being awake (she follows me so I wont eat rat poison or something). strange...but true...

Scrap
10-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by bigbry

BB

Hook us up. What happened?

Justasportsfan
10-22-2003, 01:44 PM
Science has never proven that there are such things as ghosts .

Baz
10-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Very true justafan. However, sometimes things happen that science just can't explain. For example, my incident.

1972, that is a definate possibility. However, I'vd never sleepwalked before, and haven't since then. Even moreso, why would the light wake me after I crawled back into bed, instead of when I first turned it on? It was a very interesting incident......

Muck
10-22-2003, 03:00 PM
I'm scared of The Great Pumpkin.

dolphan39
10-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
LSD is bad :( :lol: now you tell me :hitself:

Scrap
10-22-2003, 03:03 PM
:lol: ...and Count Chocula cereal gives me nightmares.

bigbry
10-22-2003, 04:30 PM

Hook us up. What happened?

Okay heres the deal.

Went to a customers house to do some work, the owner wasnt home but had sent their ranch foreman to meet me, and let me in.
Anyway about half way thru I look up and this women is standing about 12 feet away watching me. I look at her she looks at me, I smile, she doesnt, I look again and realize she is dressed in a VERY old dress you know the kind from the late 1800's or so.
I turn off my equipment to say hello to her, she doesnt say a word back, but is really beggining to look angry. I say hello again, more of the same, so I just shake my head and go back to work.
I look up again a few minutes later and shes gone.
The foreman comes back and I mention the incident in a polite kind of way, as to say I was sorry if I had disturbed the women.
He says, "what women?" I explain the whole thing, and he says no one is here, and certainly not anyone the way I described, BUT, asked if I would look at a few old pictures, I said sure.
There she was, a wife of the one of the brothers that settled the area and built the house.
Evidently the bros lived there together and between them had quite a few children and the wives were VERY watchful over them.
She was still guarding them!!!

The other story is somewhat more common.
I drove by an old small town cemetary, and noticed a very tall, thin, older man wearing an old black suit with one of those quaker type of hats. As I was about 15 yrds past him he looked over his shoulder at me, as I was at him.
So I mention the odd sight I had seen to my customer who lived a few blocks away. She just smiled at me and said, "my, its been quite sometime since anyone has seen him" My response was why the odd old suit? She said "it wasnt odd in his day"......

Believe it or not.

BB

Scrap
10-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Pretty cool.

Like I said I've never seen one. My fiance' and I went to a motel (a really old one) that they say is haunted. I fell asleep, and she said the bed started shaking, and that the bed had an imprint on it (like someone was sitting down on it) for a minute. I can sleep through anything, so I never woke up while it was happening. But she did wake me up (freaking out, of course.)She's not the type to make up that stuff, so I believe her.

10-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Good stories. I believe in ghosts, just never seen one.

I saw what appeared to be a UFO way up in the sky one night out in the desert, fairly close to Area 51. Just a light in the sky, but it was moving unlike any airplane I know of. It stopped and changed directions on a dime.

Justasportsfan
10-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Bazinet37
Very true justafan. However, sometimes things happen that science just can't explain. For example, my incident.

Science has proven however that your incident does exist. It's called hallucination. This leads to psychosis and usually has a proper attire for such people called a "straight jacket." :D

:jk:

Scrap
10-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by justafan

Science has proven however that your incident does exist. It's called hallucination. This leads to psychosis and usually has a proper attire for such people called a "straight jacket." :D

....and in extreme cases, one begins to root for the Bills. That's when you've totally lost it though. Not many people go that far.

Justasportsfan
10-23-2003, 10:58 AM

....and in extreme cases, one begins to root for the Bills. That's when you've totally lost it though. Not many people go that far.

Great comeback, this is not the smack forum however. Had it been a finfan who posted what I said, your post would never have existed. Science is not needed in this case. Thanks for playing though.

Scrap
10-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Maybe you would have understood if I put in the J/K smiley?

inFINSible
10-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by justafan

THIS isn't smack????

If you want to give it you should be able to take it, justa. :rolleyes:

P4E
10-24-2003, 08:49 PM
I don't believe in ghosts, but I love the gravestone of an ancestor, Rob't McGalliard, at Old Tennent Church near Freehold, NJ. Carved on it is this passage:

Remember, friend, as you pass by
As you are now so once was I.
As I am now you soon will be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

The gravestone has that eerie skull with wings carved at the top. I love it.:)

DwayneWade
10-29-2004, 04:39 PM
The slide show does not work

BigFinFan
10-29-2004, 04:45 PM
This thread is back from the dead - it is almost 1 year old!!

Pagan
10-29-2004, 04:59 PM
P.S. of course, witches are real: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20031021/od_nm/life_norway_witch_dc
Yes we are real....but not in the way any yahoo story would portray us. Highly insulting to the Wiccan community. :shakeno:

I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in spirits.

DwayneWade
10-29-2004, 07:04 PM
The Yahoo link to witches doesnt work.

Pagan
10-29-2004, 07:27 PM
The Yahoo link to witches doesnt work.
Ah....so there IS a Goddess. :lol: ;)