PDA

View Full Version : :(

Chubby
07-09-2009, 10:17 AM
My Baby gets her Tonsils removed tomorrow, I think I am more petrified then she is.
Chubbs

SpurzN703
07-09-2009, 10:22 AM
How old is your baby?

Chubby
07-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I say baby, but shes 4, lol, she understands whats going on, doctor gave us a good comic book that explains everything. Shes not happy about it, but she not panicy about it. My wife and I are a different story. I know its a simple procedure, but still, its a surgery, still scared the beegeebs out of me.
Chubbs

Tetragrammaton
07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I like not having tonsils. I used to be sick so often. Best surgery ever.

Chubby
07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I like not having tonsils. I used to be sick so often. Best surgery ever.

Thats why I think she is ok with it, I know she is sick of getting sick. At one point this year, she was getting sick every other week with fevers and soar throats :(. Plus she has always had a very deep raspy voice which the doctor said might lighten up :)

I am just a little scared, my family has a bad history with surgeries.

Tetragrammaton
07-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Thats why I think she is ok with it, I know she is sick of getting sick. At one point this year, she was getting sick every other week with fevers and soar throats :(. Plus she has always had a very deep raspy voice which the doctor said might lighten up :)

I am just a little scared, my family has a bad history with surgeries.

Believe me, it is a complete improvement. My family waited until I was 13 because my father is so afraid of surgery, and I was sick every week. Since I removed them, I am almost never sick, especially not with sore throats.

I had my adenoids removed as well, so the recovery took a bit longer, but it has been such a life-changing improvement.

Chubby
07-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Believe me, it is a complete improvement. My family waited until I was 13 because my father is so afraid of surgery, and I was sick every week. Since I removed them, I am almost never sick, especially not with sore throats.

I had my adenoids removed as well, so the recovery took a bit longer, but it has been such a life-changing improvement.

So good to here, she is having her adenoids removed as well. Thanks :)

JTBRLZ
07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Just keep reminding her that they give her all the ice cream and Jell-O she wants!

GoonBoss
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Just keep reminding her that they give her all the ice cream and Jell-O she wants!

Honestly, the only thing I remember from the surgery is the ice cream.

SpurzN703
07-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I was either 6 or 7 when I got my tonsils out. They gave me a crap load of ice cream after b/c my throat was sore as hell plus I might've been throwing up b/c of it (I don't remember).

I made it out alive :d-day:

Chubby
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I was 3 or 4 when mine were removed, dont remember it at all. Ice Cream rules, every now and then i like to go retro and just plain vanilla or chocolate. I forget how good the originals were back then>
Chubbs

Tetragrammaton
07-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Actually, at least with adenoids, you cannot have ice cream. The milk leads to too much phlegm that will disturb the throat. Other cold things are okay, though.

Arsenal WV
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I was like 8 I believe when I got mine taken about. It's really not a big deal. The Ice cream and milkshakes are well worth it!