PDA

View Full Version : Holy sheet..

Zached54
07-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Hello fellas, my name is Cris, I am new registered user while not new here. I do browse here and just read to get the latest on the team. Posting about football this time of year I find it impossible for me since I don't have time for it, lucky y'll can.

Anyway my first post as y'll will see is gonna be about well a casual situation to dangerous in a second.

So this morning about 3:30 AM I am going home from work and I see this chick walk by, she looks firmly, so me being so nice I uturned to see if she needed a ride.(Me I have and would never offer a ride with second intentions ;),seriously).I always leep my ipod under my lap and my wallet to the left of my seat since I trust no unknown female.
So well thing is I ended up helping her with 20 bucks instead of the 40 she needed. I pulled 20 out of the shifter console tray where I had 40 other dollars, I didnt think she saw it since it was so dark. So well I picked her in the corner of a street and I went to leave her inside that same street not the corner.So well as I was driving towards the corner she says go back, I asked myself wtf bit--, you can walk 40 more feet, so I looked and I see this lighted apartment building, so im saying to myself ah ok she wants to be a bit- and make me leave her right on her spot.So as I came to a full stop she opened her door and she just lifted the compartment while my right hand was on the shifter shifting to drive where I had the 40 dollars and shesnatched it and my reaction is ***** wtf you think you doing and I got a hand on her,so just happens she says "leave me" and I was to pull her in the car by pulling her forearm viciouisly until I see her quickly give a head nod and I look towards that way and I see this two thug dressed fo-ks standing and one I see make movement and the other one charged at full speed to my left side,Im thinking sheet, its almost 4AM, dark,little havana, gun,shank,gun,shank.gun,shank, adrenaline kickked so I let her go and accelerate it off.The guy did punch my car or some **** as I heard a knock.So she took 40 dollars from me that I needed badly, now All I have is 10 dollars for a whole week till next thursday. I sincerely have the desire to go back there and I would like to keep shut on what I would like to do to them with a clique. But I wont do anything because, it is not worth it.And I will take it as a lesson learned bu I am so angry right now I might mess anybody that gets in my way today.Eventually I will cool off though since I know myself, and I always try to act with the mind not feelings.

So I have two questions, Has any of you had any stories that have turned rather dangerous in a second and would like to share?

Two,while I do not own a gun, I have always planned to have one legally and set a goal for it before this year ends.Reason for is too many people that act without thinking consequences and you end up 6feet under,him likely locked up for some years yet life goes on but you are gone forever.... So I was wondering, say I got a legal gun, and this would of happened, could it have been justified self-defense to come off my vehicle and pop that fool that was violently charging at my car to harm me, as obvious by his act of assaulting my car psycially and not me because I took off from that undeniable threat.If I would have shot him, does this fall into justified self-defense or not?

Thanks for the interest fellas.

PhinzN703
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Did I drop acid without knowing it?

Bumpus
07-10-2009, 10:22 AM
:lol:
If you did, then it must be in the atmosphere. My head is swimming too after reading that.

TedSlimmJr
07-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Hello fellas, my name is Cris, I am new registered user while not new here. I do browse here and just read to get the latest on the team. Posting about football this time of year I find it impossible for me since I don't have time for it, lucky y'll can.

Anyway my first post as y'll will see is gonna be about well a casual situation to dangerous in a second.

So this morning about 3:30 AM I am going home from work and I see this chick walk by, she looks firmly, so me being so nice I uturned to see if she needed a ride.(Me I have and would never offer a ride with second intentions ;),seriously).I always leep my ipod under my lap and my wallet to the left of my seat since I trust no unknown female.
So well thing is I ended up helping her with 20 bucks instead of the 40 she needed. I pulled 20 out of the shifter console tray where I had 40 other dollars, I didnt think she saw it since it was so dark. So well I picked her in the corner of a street and I went to leave her inside that same street not the corner.So well as I was driving towards the corner she says go back, I asked myself wtf bit--, you can walk 40 more feet, so I looked and I see this lighted apartment building, so im saying to myself ah ok she wants to be a bit- and make me leave her right on her spot.So as I came to a full stop she opened her door and she just lifted the compartment while my right hand was on the shifter shifting to drive where I had the 40 dollars and shesnatched it and my reaction is ***** wtf you think you doing and I got a hand on her,so just happens she says "leave me" and I was to pull her in the car by pulling her forearm viciouisly until I see her quickly give a head nod and I look towards that way and I see this two thug dressed fo-ks standing and one I see make movement and the other one charged at full speed to my left side,Im thinking sheet, its almost 4AM, dark,little havana, gun,shank,gun,shank.gun,shank, adrenaline kickked so I let her go and accelerate it off.The guy did punch my car or some **** as I heard a knock.So she took 40 dollars from me that I needed badly, now All I have is 10 dollars for a whole week till next thursday. I sincerely have the desire to go back there and I would like to keep shut on what I would like to do to them with a clique. But I wont do anything because, it is not worth it.And I will take it as a lesson learned bu I am so angry right now I might mess anybody that gets in my way today.Eventually I will cool off though since I know myself, and I always try to act with the mind not feelings.

So I have two questions, Has any of you had any stories that have turned rather dangerous in a second and would like to share?

Two,while I do not own a gun, I have always planned to have one legally and set a goal for it before this year ends.Reason for is too many people that act without thinking consequences and you end up 6feet under,him likely locked up for some years yet life goes on but you are gone forever.... So I was wondering, say I got a legal gun, and this would of happened, could it have been justified self-defense to come off my vehicle and pop that fool that was violently charging at my car to harm me, as obvious by his act of assaulting my car psycially and not me because I took off from that undeniable threat.If I would have shot him, does this fall into justified self-defense or not?

Whew....ok...

The answer to your question is NO...it wouldn't be justified for you to have shot anybody in that situation....

I've had a concealed weapons permit for over 20 years....and my weapon is on me 90% of the time....but having a concealed weapons permit DOES NOT give you the right to shoot someone....lol

The ONLY....and I repeat....THE ONLY time using said weapon is justified is if your life, or someone elses life is in immenent danger....

Someone punching your car doesn't qualify as that....

However, if one of those people would've had a weapon themselves (knife, gun, baseball bat, etc.) then you could assume your life was in danger....However, even then if you had shot one of them (or two...whatever) and you end up in court....a judge is going to consider why you didn't just drive off to avoid the situation in the first place if at all possible...

If you ever get a concealed weapons permit and own a handgun....remember this...

ALWAYS do everything in your power possible to NEVER have to use it....because the instant you do....your life is going to change forever in a matter of a split second.....it's always a LAST RESORT...and ONLY if a life is in danger....

GoonBoss
07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I had a very hard time making heads or tails of your story, to be honest. You made a number of tactical errors to my way of thinking.

-Never pick up somone you don't know. Think of all the things that could have gone wrong. You are actually pretty lucky.

-Never give money to people you don't know....Specially when you have offered to give them a ride.

-Consider improving your desicion making process before going to get your CCW permit. Right now, the way your mind works, you are going to wind up in jail for killing somone.

-The thug types would have been more justified in shooting you, than you shooting them. Why?

"Your honor, it was 3 AM. I was outside with my freinds and I saw a car pull up. The door opened, and, I heard a woman screaming and a male inside yanking hard on her arm, restraining her. Fearing for the woman's safety, I went to her aid."

They would have been acting in defense of a third party, whereas YOU would have been guilty of battery. What? You say she stole your money? Prove it. It's your word against hers. Heck, she says you made a move on her and said that you said that she "Owed you something" and tried to rape her.

See how that works?

Barring anything else, if you shot one of those guys, better watch your butthole, because you are going to jail for a long time. You are duty bound to use the minimum ammount of force to extract yourself from a situation.

Consider youself very, very lucky that you got off as easy as you did. Keep this in mind; Even if you are COMPLETELY justified in the use of your weapon in self defense, you are probably going to face financial ruin from the civil suits by the victim or his family.

GoonBoss
07-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Whew....ok...

The answer to your question is NO...it wouldn't be justified for you to have shot anybody in that situation....

I've had a concealed weapons permit for over 20 years....and my weapon is on me 90% of the time....but having a concealed weapons permit DOES NOT give you the right to shoot someone....lol

The ONLY....and I repeat....THE ONLY time using said weapon is justified is if your life, or someone elses life is in immenent danger....

Someone punching your car doesn't qualify as that....

However, if one of those people would've had a weapon themselves (knife, gun, baseball bat, etc.) then you could assume your life was in danger....However, even then if you had shot one of them (or two...whatever) and you end up in court....a judge is going to consider why you didn't just drive off to avoid the situation in the first place if at all possible...

If you ever get a concealed weapons permit and own a handgun....remember this...

ALWAYS do everything in your power possible to NEVER have to use it....because the instant you do....your life is going to change forever in a matter of a split second.....it's always a LAST RESORT...and ONLY if a life is in danger....

Also keep in mind that the guys in question were, as they saw it, coming to the aid of a third party. A screaming woman being restrained in a car.

"Your honor, she was screaming and I was afraid the guy in the car was trying to kidnap her or rape her. We were just trying to stop him from hurting the girl, and then he starts shooting at us."

TedSlimmJr
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Also keep in mind that the guys in question were, as they saw it, coming to the aid of a third party. A screaming woman being restrained in a car.

"Your honor, she was screaming and I was afraid the guy in the car was trying to kidnap her or rape her. We were just trying to stop him from hurting the girl, and then he starts shooting at us."

Exactly....and that's precisely how they set it up to look in the first place....

And you made an excellent point......until someone is able to use better judgement WITHOUT a handgun to avoid these types of scenarios in the first place....you certainly can't assume that they're competent enough to make the right decisions WITH one...

WVDolphan
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Ive got the best advice for you........stop being a moron. You put yourself in that situation in the first place by picking up the hooker. Its not going to be advantagous at all should you wind up shooting someone during such an undertaking. Get real dude.

Its only $40 dude. Get over it. If the $40 is that important to you in the first place, perhaps you shouldve just beat off. Duh.

You make stupid decisions, poor choices, and seem like a total moron and yet you want to figure out a way it seems justified to shoot someone........OVER $40. Seriously? Im thinking it would be more justified if someone shot you.........just because.

poornate
07-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Here's one of those future legal gun owners, Goon... :lol:

PhinzN703
07-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Ive got the best advice for you........stop being a moron. You put yourself in that situation in the first place by picking up the hooker. Its not going to be advantagous at all should you wind up shooting someone during such an undertaking. Get real dude.

Its only $40 dude. Get over it. If the $40 is that important to you in the first place, perhaps you shouldve just beat off. Duh.

You make stupid decisions, poor choices, and seem like a total moron and yet you want to figure out a way it seems justified to shoot someone........OVER $40. Seriously? Im thinking it would be more justified if someone shot you.........just because.

Was this broad even a hooker? It seems she just likes to steal 40 bucks from a random guy at 3AM.

GoonBoss
07-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Here's one of those future legal gun owners, Goon... :lol:

Well, one thing they teach you in CCW class is the consequences for your actions, and what would, or would not constitute a good shoot. I personally think that there should be more training, but then I have more combative shooting training under my belt than most police officers that aren't on a SWAT team.

One of the things our instructor hit hard was situational avoidance. If anything, a gun on your hip should heighten your situational awareness.

Most shootings in the US are not by CCW holders. That's a fact. That should be a testimate to the character of all CCW holders in general.

This young man made a series of bad choices. Hopefully he will learn from them and improve his descision making process.

As long as he can pass the testing and background checks, I have no issue with him CCW. Most 16 year olds aren't prepared to drive a car, and cost more american lives a year than gunshots.....Yet we are fine with that.

As far are as gun ownership in general? There are plenty of folks that I don't think should own guns, but there's that pesky ol' constitution. There's plenty of people that I don't think should have the right to free speach either, and plenty of religions I think are nutty...But, what can you do?

GoonBoss
07-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Was this broad even a hooker? It seems she just likes to steal 40 bucks from a random guy at 3AM.

That's what I was going on.....If it was a hooker, then plus up the "moron" factor by about 100X. You are begging to get robbed, killed or at the very least, a disease in that case.

GoonBoss
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh...If you want some situations I've been in Chris....Probably the one where I thought I was going to die, or probably at least be badly hurt was in New Orleans a few years back. My security team and I evicted a crackhead from his FEMA trailer. He was also the resident dealer in the park. About an hour later, we got a visit from two cars full of serious faced gentlemen who advised me that I was to let this individual back in the park. I replied that under no circumstances would I do that. The spokesman for this distinguished group of upstanding youths informed me that he would be back in an hour to kill me and my team.

I pulled three vehicles across the front of the gate, and, pulled out my weapons I had brought from home after they left. Between me and my team we had an AR 15, Mossberg 500 Tactical 12G. and 4 9MM. The gentlemen came back through as promised. I counted at least four barrells of AK varients from both cars starting to poke out as they made the turn. They drove by slowly, and while we never pointed at them, and, they never pointed at us, the mutual understanding that lots of people were going to die right then, and we had them at a severe disadvantage passed between us both.

Nothing came of it. I reported the incident to my CP, and, to the cops, who showed up (predictably) an hour and a half later. For the rest of my tour at that park, there was no more trouble, as I became known as "The crazy white boy with the "choppah" " (Choppah is NOLA slang for any assault rifle, usually used for an AK)

Zached54
07-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Ok guys listen, there is a misunderstanding here. Reason for asking if it wouldve been justified self-defense is because I would've like to know if that was a proper scenario.

Believe it or not people that have a legal gun permit scare me because they(minority) might feel as if they have the power to shoot someone because they have legal use of the weapon, therefore they don't make a rational decision.
I wont make a mistake like that because I am more minded that emotionally driven. However had I had a gun I coulda done a mistake because of me not knowing of what qualifies as self-defense.

What TedSlimmJr wrote now makes sense, that is a good way to weight self-defense, and what he wrote I didn't know. Thanks for the advice.And as GoonBoss wrote there are also CCW classes and I had no Idea that even existed jeje.So someone that has CW and has received classes then he should be in good shape.

By the way...I am 21 not 16 (wanna have that out the way) and I aspire to be a cop in 2-3 years.So I find it funny.

GoonBoss, that is crazy, I think the authorities should've been called with the threat they made you. When you and your fellas saw the vehicle turn and point out they were going your way right? so how come the nozzels werent pointing at you, did they draw em back in or... I can't draw the picture correctly..

*BOLD EDITED*

Arsenal WV
07-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Cocaine is a helluva drug...

Zached54
07-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Cocaine is a helluva drug...

How would you know mate? :d-day:

GoonBoss
07-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Ok guys listen, there is a misunderstanding here. Reason for asking if it wouldve been justified self-defense is because I would've like to know if that was a proper scenario.

Believe it or not people that have a legal gun permit scare me because they(minority) might feel as if they have the power to shoot someone because they have legal use of the weapon, therefore they don't make a rational decision.
I wont make a mistake like that because I am more minded that emotionally driven. However had I had a gun I coulda done a mistake because of me not knowing of what qualifies as self-defense.

What TedSlimmJr wrote now makes sense, that is a good way to weight self-defense, and what he wrote I didn't know. Thanks for the advice.And as GoonBoss wrote there are also CCW classes and I had no Idea that even existed jeje.So someone that has CW and has received classes then he should be in good shape.

By the way...I am 21 not 16 (wanna have that out the way) and I aspire to be a cop in 2-3 years.So I find it funny.

GoonBoss, that is crazy, I think the authorities should've been called with the threat they made you. When you and your fellas saw the vehicle turn and point out they were going your way right? so how come the nozzels werent pointing at you, did they draw em back in or... I can't draw the picture correctly..

*BOLD EDITED*

Never been to New Orleans have you? Once you get out of the French Quarter, you might as well be in Liberia.

Everything was moving in slow motion. They were flexing, and we were flexing. Be assured, they were not prepared for FEMA contractors to be armed with long guns, and, not turn tail at the sight of AKs.

The nozzels that i counted were pointing slightly up. Had they been pointing at me or my crew, we would have opened up. Them penned in a vehicle would've resulted in lots of dead drug flunkies. As it was, they came by, showed us thiers...We showed them ours, and, they decided discression was the better part of valor on that night.

GoonBoss
07-11-2009, 10:13 AM

*BOLD EDITED*

You don't know much about Florida gun laws, do you?

Are you a native English speaker? I'm not dogging you, but, you use improper tenses of verbs, and, inappropriate capital letters. Again, not dogging you, I just would like to know. Since all of us misunderstood your origional post, I just would like to know what frame of reference you are using.

Amars
07-11-2009, 10:38 AM
ive been hit up by gangster to rob me but never by a woman. And I'll never get a gun that will end up bad everytime. Just use better judgement and you dont need a gun.

GoonBoss
07-11-2009, 11:09 AM
ive been hit up by gangster to rob me but never by a woman. And I'll never get a gun that will end up bad everytime. Just use better judgement and you dont need a gun.

Sticking your head in the sand won't work either. Trying to pretend evil doesn't exist in the world is simply folly. Make no mistake. Evil is out there.

It's your right to not use all the tools availiable to you to defend yourself. I would tell you there is no rational reason you should use a saw to pound in a nail, or an anvil to sand an end table. A gun is nothing but a tool that man has devised. In the hands of just men, it is an insturment of justice. In the hands of the outlaw, it is an insturment of lawlessness and destruction.

"Getting a gun will wind up bad every time" is nonsense. While utilizing good judegement is the first tool of a rational human's survival packet, it is not always foolproof. Despite our best efforts, car accidents, fires, and stubbed toes happen.

At the end of the day, it is better to be alive than dead. In the right instances, a gun in the hands of a just man can assure just that.

Vaark
07-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Sticking your head in the sand won't work either. Trying to pretend evil doesn't exist in the world is simply folly. Make no mistake. Evil is out there.

It's your right to not use all the tools availiable to you to defend yourself. I would tell you there is no rational reason you should use a saw to pound in a nail, or an anvil to sand an end table. A gun is nothing but a tool that man has devised. In the hands of just men, it is an insturment of justice. In the hands of the outlaw, it is an insturment of lawlessness and destruction.

"Getting a gun will wind up bad every time" is nonsense. While utilizing good judegement is the first tool of a rational human's survival packet, it is not always foolproof. Despite our best efforts, car accidents, fires, and stubbed toes happen.

At the end of the day, it is better to be alive than dead. In the right instances, a gun in the hands of a just man can assure just that.

Prudent advice. I have a friend whose often-stated philosophy over the years is:

"It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Vaark
07-11-2009, 12:15 PM

Look at it this way: for 40 bucks you did get your "happy ending." You're alive and well to talk about it and haven't contracted any VDs or AIDs as a parting gifts.

ih8brady
07-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Did I drop acid without knowing it?

Ditto. I think syntax needs to be placed on suicide watch.

Chip Douglas
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Next time, spend your money more wisely.

http://www.amazon.com/English-Grammar-For-Dummies/dp/B000WPXTH4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247357234&sr=8-2

Zached54
07-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Goon, frame of reference, I might have an idea of what it means but I dont get the question.

To the last two english professors,I am hispanic american. I didn't know alot of english till I was in 3rd grade.All my teachers to that point were cubans with horrible english "spekin" ability.In 3rd grade I got paired with an afircan-american teachers,amazing mastery of the english language and way she pronounced.So undeniably I didnt get a jumpstart on the language an while it is not an excuse it just might the reason I didnt develop better at it.The following teachers i've had since then till 11th were all cubans with the exception of another african american in 4th.I did learn alot in 3rd grade and improved vastly in 4th.While I might not have mastered the language,I can still get my message accross.

I sincerly don't see what the deal is.I need more learning on this language and grammar skills.Hey I know that.. I don't recall asking for an evaluation of my english on this thread though,so why have y'll bothered? Does it bother you in any way or another? No? Good Yes? Then you gotta live with it.Pay me for a hot female english tutor and then maybe you can criticize me if I haven't sharpened it up but until then f-ck off, seriously.

Zached54
07-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Never been to New Orleans have you? Once you get out of the French Quarter, you might as well be in Liberia.

Everything was moving in slow motion. They were flexing, and we were flexing. Be assured, they were not prepared for FEMA contractors to be armed with long guns, and, not turn tail at the sight of AKs.

The nozzels that i counted were pointing slightly up. Had they been pointing at me or my crew, we would have opened up. Them penned in a vehicle would've resulted in lots of dead drug flunkies. As it was, they came by, showed us thiers...We showed them ours, and, they decided discression was the better part of valor on that night.

Ok that makes sense now. That is crazy what your armory had, it would've turned into quite a bloodbath and likely you wouldn't had been able to share it it us.
Though what was the initial reaction when that vehicle was approaching the corner in slo-mo and afterwards when they exhibited their gats? Im sure the heartbeat rose musta rose to adrenaline mode.

PhinzN703
07-13-2009, 08:15 PM
The buzz still hasn't worn off yet apparently