PDA

View Full Version : College Football 2009 Season

JohnMarshall12
07-10-2009, 03:50 PM
What are your thoughts about the upcoming season? Will we see a repeat of last year's national title game?

Bumpus
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Let's Gooooooooooooooo ...

Mountaineers!!!

DolphinMistress
08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
GO GATORS!

GO UCF KNIGHTS!

Durango_95
08-28-2009, 09:57 PM
GO GATORS!

GO UCF KNIGHTS!

No, I think Texas will be in Oklahoma's place this year. Same result, though.

:up:

Namor
08-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Rooollllll Tide!!!!

X-Pacolypse
08-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm interested too see how USC will fare with Barkley under center. Also, I think Cal has a legit shot at the Pac-10 Title this year.

DolphinMistress
08-29-2009, 04:55 PM
No, I think Texas will be in Oklahoma's place this year. Same result, though.

:up:

What are you saying exactly? You don't like the 2 teams I go for?

:confused:

dolfan94
08-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Does college football start next weekend or the one after?

DolphinMistress
08-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Does college football start next weekend or the one after?

College football starts a week from today... meaning this upcoming weekend...

Namor
08-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Actually Thursday Nite.

dolfan94
08-29-2009, 06:29 PM
What are some games to watch the first week other than UM-FSU?

I mean from an outsiders perspective. I dont watch too many games that dont include my team in any sport but that might change this season. Im just crazy for some real football

JCane
08-29-2009, 06:49 PM
What are some games to watch the first week other than UM-FSU?

I mean from an outsiders perspective. I dont watch too many games that dont include my team in any sport but that might change this season. Im just crazy for some real football

Alabama - Virginia Tech is the one I'm the most interested in. Georgia - Oklahoma State should be great. And actually, the North Carolina State - South Carolina game on Thursday night should be a good one as well.

And obviously, 'Canes - 'Noles. Primetime. Labor Day. The entire world watching. ****. I can't wait to get to Tallahassee.

Namor
08-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Alabama - Virginia Tech is the one I'm the most interested in. Georgia - Oklahoma State should be great. And actually, the North Carolina State - South Carolina game on Thursday night should be a good one as well.

And obviously, 'Canes - 'Noles. Primetime. Labor Day. The entire world watching. ****. I can't wait to get to Tallahassee.

I'm interested in this one,also.
It's time for Spurrier to do something or ride off into the sunset.

Namor
08-29-2009, 06:58 PM
JC...
What did you think about Saban signing the extension with Bama until 2017?
The money hasn't been disclosed yet.
Do you think this stops the Meyer or Saban to ND rumours?

X-Pacolypse
08-29-2009, 10:24 PM
JC...

I think Meyer sticks at Florida. Nick, I can absolutely see him bolting again if Notre Dame backs up the Brinks truck. Nick has done it his entire career and at this point a zebra is not going to change his stripes.

COphinphan89
08-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Go Gators! Perfect season or bust! Mainly because we can't afford a loss with our schedule this year, but yeah! Goin for the repeat!

Durango_95
08-29-2009, 11:51 PM
What are you saying exactly? You don't like the 2 teams I go for?

:confused:

What I'm saying is... I think Florida will play Texas for the National Championship.

As for your two teams... I'm a Florida alum, my son attends Central Florida. I'm a fan of both.

Nothing to be confused about.

dolfan94
08-30-2009, 03:01 AM
From a Canes fan perspective, what are other good games to watch J Cane?

Any ACC games other than ours?

JCane
08-30-2009, 03:06 AM
JC...

Absolutely not lol. If Notre Dame is willing to pony up more money than Alabama or Florida and either of those two guys feel like they can go and be challenged yet still win, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if either bolted. There's no long term loyalty in coaching anymore. I do think that Saban is more likely to stay at Alabama than Meyer at Florida. I think Saban enjoys and thrives in the challenge of the SEC and I think Meyer deep down wants that Notre Dame job.

JCane
08-30-2009, 03:09 AM
From a Canes fan perspective, what are other good games to watch J Cane?

Any ACC games other than ours?

The Wake Forest - Baylor game is about all that stands out. Jacksonville State is playing Georgia Tech and the interesting thing about that is former LSU QB Ryan Perrilouxfor Jacksonville State. Maryland is playing Cal...and that's about it.

Alabama - Virginia Tech is a gimme.

Namor
08-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I think Meyer sticks at Florida. Nick, I can absolutely see him bolting again if Notre Dame backs up the Brinks truck. Nick has done it his entire career and at this point a zebra is not going to change his stripes.

Please explain..and not just using the typical Miami-jilted girl friend
syndrome.
Nick has always said he prefers the "southern aristocracy" since getting
to LSU...PS... Miami hasn't been southern since the late 70's.
He has always said he shouldn't have left the SEC...but that POS
Wayne made him promises that that "Wayne" didn't keep.
It's not just ironic that since Wayne left,the Dolphins are winning again.
Good riddiance to bad garbage...(Waste Management) get the pun.
Meyer has always said ND was his dream job,Nick has always said he prefered the SEC.
Florida and Alabama are not stepping stone schools to ND..Except maybe
Meyer.
Florida and Bama can match purse strings,facilities,stadiums and TV contracts with ND anytime.
Unless you are from the north ND isn't really relevant anymore.

Arsenal WV
08-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I can't speak for everbody, but just knowing that college football is about to start has me more excited than anything else. Since January 8th or whatever is was the NC game was, i've been waiting for the opening kick off. We've all been through the signing day seeing who our favorite teams have brought in and asking will they make an immediate impact or will they be busts or will they be all-americans by the time they're seniors.

Unlike the NFL, these players don't play the game for money. They play for school pride and go out there every saturday and leave no doubt who was the better team. Which is why i love NCAA Football so much better than NFL. The NCAA doesn't have people chaning their names (ochocinco) and players making a huge deal if they don't get playing time or whatever else NFL players complain about

It's almost time my friends to get this season underway. Good luck to everybodys teams, I just hope we have an injury-free season and an exciting one too.

Let's go....

DolphinMistress
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
What I'm saying is... I think Florida will play Texas for the National Championship.

As for your two teams... I'm a Florida alum, my son attends Central Florida. I'm a fan of both.

Nothing to be confused about.

Ah,ok... my bad...

My sister is in her final year for her Masters at UCF... and I have friends who went to UF...

btw, are you going to any of UCF's homegames?, I will be at most if not all of them cause, I have season tix for UCF's homegames...

JCane
08-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Ah,ok... my bad...

My sister is in her final year for her Masters at UCF... and I have friends who went to UF...

btw, are you going to any of UCF's homegames?, I will be at most if not all of them cause, I have season tix for UCF's homegames...

Gonna show up for the BEATDOWN we're going to lay on the Golden Knights?

:d-day:

DolphinMistress
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Gonna show up for the BEATDOWN we're going to lay on the Golden Knights?

:d-day:

Nah, I doubt you'll do that to the Knights... as I recall, was it sometime you were 0-4 with your new coach Shannon?

;)