PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Recievers Muy Terrible

ParcellsProphet
07-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Suddenly, I'm not feeling so bad for our QB's. I actually think we have a lot of good players at receiver just no Big Bodied veteran that can get 10 catches and 100yds and a touch every game like an Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald....But with recent news of Derrick Mason retiring the ravens will not be seeing the playoffs this year...watch how bad Flaaco regresses in his second year without Mason....The Rams and Ravens are tied for most recievers I have never heard of....

ckparrothead
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Wonder if we can't trade them someone. We may not have any stars but we do have quite a few solids. What would they give for a Greg Camarillo, considering his history with Cam Cameron?

Avigatorx
07-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Wonder if we can't trade them someone. We may not have any stars but we do have quite a few solids. What would they give for a Greg Camarillo, considering his history with Cam Cameron?

You read my mind.

Matter of fact, I was working on a post a couple of weeks ago regarding players we may be able to trade instead of cutting to make our 53 man roster.

Maybe I'll just go ahead and post the unfinished version and let everyone just fill in all the blanks. (Unfortunately, I am kinda busy at work so don't have time to finish it myself.)

ParcellsProphet
07-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Maybe we can trade them Wilford...Tell him o yeah can you lose the 25 lbs of wieght you put on that way we can trade you as a reciever....or London.....I wouldnt give up Camarillo just yet we just signed him last year to a 2 year 5million dollar deal, not exactly lottery money but still we have invested a lot of coaching time to this guy and he seems to be responding...until the injury of course.

ArmyFin7
07-14-2009, 10:05 AM

I have to say I agree CK. Although I'm sure there will be some serious hate headed your way!

X-Pacolypse
07-14-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm not to keen on the idea of trading Camarillo, but if the Ravens were to offer the right price.... Then I would think you have to pull the trigger.

VT Dolphan
07-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Well, Baltimore sure did get a good look at Camarillo two years ago.

Vaark
07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Would we get a 2nd, and/or one of their starters for Camarillo? Doubtful, but if so, I'd consider trading my fav Fin. Other than that, maybe we can dangle Wilford, Armstrong, London in return for a reasonable offer (who's their backup NT??).

jim1
07-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Would we get a 2nd, and/or one of their starters for Camarillo? Doubtful, but if so, I'd consider trading my fav Fin. Other than that, maybe we can dangle Wilford, Armstrong, London in return for a reasonable offer (who's their backup NT??).

A second? I wouldn't think close to that, but he is a cagey receiver. He's an average to good #2 coming off of a major knee injury, I would imagine that his trade value is limited.

SpurzN703
07-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Well, Baltimore sure did get a good look at Camarillo two years ago.

His backside for the most part ;)

ckparrothead
07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I've been speculating for a while that Brandon London could be trade bait. He is, at the very least, a proven special teams hand. He has also shown that when he gets on the field, he can block well...and was featured blocking in some of those more successful Wildcat plays (remember, every team in the league has probably seen all 90 of Miami's Wildcat plays now). Aside from that, he's a 6'4" target with good athleticism that was coveted coming off the Giants' waivers, and there's that practice film that 'leaked' out that showed him whipping all of Miami's DBs in one-on-one coverage during regular season practices. Omar Kelly told me that he does solicit opinions on players from other players and that most of it has to be kept off the books, but that those kinds of questions led him to think highly of Brandon London last year because the DBs really were frustrated with the ability he showed in practice. I think Miami could potentially get a 6th or 7th for him.

I had originally speculated that Camarillo could be trade bait because Davone Bess should take his place as starter, and Turner can be a role player that puts Bess back in the slot on 3-WR formations, and let's face it Hartline is here to be a faster Greg Camarillo. Also, even if you trade Camarillo, you still have 6 guys that you'd like to find roster space for (Ginn, Bess, Turner, Hartline, Armstrong, London), plus Wilford if you're a buyer on the idea of him transitioning to being a WR/TE hybrid.

Vaark
07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
A second? I wouldn't think close to that, but he is a cagey receiver. He's an average to good #2 coming off of a major knee injury, I would imagine that his trade value is limited.

Just saying, it's not worth trading one of another of our better starters for less than that or for someone who will fill a starting gap elsewhere.

ckparrothead
07-14-2009, 11:13 AM
London still seems the most likely to me. But, that would give the Dolphins one less bigger receiver.

MDFINFAN
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Just saying, it's not worth trading one of another of our better starters for less than that or for someone who will fill a starting gap elsewhere.

Your not going to get a 2nd for a undrafted player coming off a knee injury, Cam's value is more like a 4th on down.. and if a team is desparate, maybe a 3rd, since he is somewhat proven, but he hasn't started a whole season..

ParcellsProphet
07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Kelly Gregg is their starting DT in 34 packages and Ngata plays DE...I think trevor pryce is the other DE if they go to a 3-4....Brandon McKinney is their Backup DT in those packages should Gregg be hurt...However, Ngata is a true DT that is athletic enough to play DE in the 3-4 which makes them impossible to run on...
Ngata is essentially their DT in a 4-3 however

If we could somehow get Kelly Gregg by giving up Camarillo or London or Wilford and a pick I'd do that in a heart beat but they probably wont even look at the deal

RaboGrande24
07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
If I were Brandon Marshall I would love to become a Raven

KTOWNFINFAN
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Kelly Gregg is their starting DT in 34 packages and Ngata plays DE...I think trevor pryce is the other DE if they go to a 3-4....Brandon McKinney is their Backup DT in those packages should Gregg be hurt...However, Ngata is a true DT that is athletic enough to play DE in the 3-4 which makes them impossible to run on...
Ngata is essentially their DT in a 4-3 however

If we could somehow get Kelly Gregg by giving up Camarillo or London or Wilford and a pick I'd do that in a heart beat but they probably wont even look at the deal

Now you're thinking. Or maybe a backup guard. Who do they have at interior OL??

j-off-her-doll
07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't see the Ravens making the playoffs this season. I think their defense will go from dominant to good, and their offense isn't good enough to win consistently with a 'good' defense.

Valandui
07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
When Gregg goes out they move Ngata over to NT.

ckparrothead
07-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Their CB position reminds me of our WR position. They have guys like Frank Walker and Evan Oglesby that are not necessarily GOOD corners, but they're 6th and 7th on their depth charts where in Miami they could potentially be 4th or 5th. In this case, Brandon London is possibly 5th or 6th down our WR depth chart, but could potentially be 4th over in Baltimore.

That makes a Brandon London for Frank Walker deal a real possibility, I would think. They have a gaggle of bigger bodied WRs like Justin Harper, Marcus Smith and Marcus Maxwell, Edward Williams...but I could see Brandon London being better than all of them, while still having special teams versatility. Meanwhile, Frank Walker versus Eric Green would have to be considered a tossup, with the strong possibility that Walker is flat out better.

I could see that being a strong mutual-advantaged trade.

Bta72dolphins
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Suddenly, I'm not feeling so bad for our QB's. I actually think we have a lot of good players at receiver just no Big Bodied veteran that can get 10 catches and 100yds and a touch every game like an Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald....But with recent news of Derrick Mason retiring the ravens will not be seeing the playoffs this year...watch how bad Flaaco regresses in his second year without Mason....The Rams and Ravens are tied for most recievers I have never heard of....

I think Flacco's success was mainly because of his o-line. Although without Mason you may see him slip.

ckparrothead
07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
To be honest if the Ravens sit on the situation and wait to see how camps and preseasons play out, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see us trade them Ted Ginn.

Cam Cameron introduced Ginn (and his family) to the NFL. He knows Cameron's offense and terminology. Newsome and the Ravens seemed very interested in the blazing fast Darius Heyward-Bey, no doubt tantalyzed by the possibilities of pairing Flacco's 70 yard arm with a guy that is almost impossible to overthrow. The prevailing thought out there is that Ginn will not take that next step up because Pennington lacks a big arm. I'm not sure I buy that and I'm not sure the Dolphins do either, but it could benefit them because it could give Miami the ability to figure out if Ginn is ready to take that next Roddy White step up in class...or if he's just giving us more of the same. If the rest of the NFL sees more of the same, they won't be able to see beyond Pennington's arm...so the price tag could stay high.

If Ginn does NOT take a step up in class, and Anthony Armstrong continues his fine work with pads on and in preseason, then it might be beneficial to sell high on Ted.

TedSlimmJr
07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
You couldn't melt Ted Ginn and pour him on Ozzie Newsome......Ozzie's one of the best GM's in the NFL....and he didn't get that way by being an idiot....

Surely Cam Cameron can talk his superiors into trading Baltimore's 1st round pick for him and his family......not.....lol

PhinPhan910
07-14-2009, 04:48 PM
If i were the fins and i could get a 2nd rounder for camarillo and a 7th or 6th, i say you have to accept.

:-)
07-15-2009, 01:55 PM
If i were the fins and i could get a 2nd rounder for camarillo and a 7th or 6th, i say you have to accept.

There is no way anyone would take Camarillo for a second round.

I say the Ravens defiantly make the playoffs again.