View Full Version : Girl Arrested for Swearing on 9-11 call

HansMojo
07-16-2009, 04:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj91eeoFOBk&NR=1

:rolleyes2:

Bumpus
07-16-2009, 05:29 AM
Seriously ...

There are people on this planet that need to stop wasting my oxygen immediately.

canesandbhoys
07-16-2009, 07:35 AM
911, not 9-11.

Miamian
07-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Incidents like these happen often enough that there should be reviews of how to make them work best. If a 911 operator is stressed out, he/she shouldn't be on the phone.

I remember a case in Philadelphia awhile back. About three or four people called 911 to report that there some thugs beating the crap out of a kid. One of them said that there was one with a baseball bat.

Operator: who has a bat
Caller: What kind of question is that?
Operator: Don't talk to me like that. Now who has a bat?
Caller: I don't know, some hood.

The operator didn't send out the call right away and the poor kid died.

There was a case in Miami a few years back that a couple of operators were using the system to talk to each other and ignored calls to do so.

There was another incident in south Florida in which the operator kept asking the caller the same question over and over again. The patient died.

It has to be made to work better.

FinFrenzy
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow...how can you expect a child to react with a parent lying unconscious on the kitchen floor.

PhinzN703
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
****ing 911

HansMojo
07-16-2009, 06:47 PM
911, not 9-11.
:lol: that's what I get for being lazy and just copying and pasting.

HansMojo
07-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Incidents like these happen often enough that there should be reviews of how to make them work best. If a 911 operator is stressed out, he/she shouldn't be on the phone.

I remember a case in Philadelphia awhile back. About three or four people called 911 to report that there some thugs beating the crap out of a kid. One of them said that there was one with a baseball bat.

Operator: who has a bat
Caller: What kind of question is that?
Operator: Don't talk to me like that. Now who has a bat?
Caller: I don't know, some hood.

The operator didn't send out the call right away and the poor kid died.

There was a case in Miami a few years back that a couple of operators were using the system to talk to each other and ignored calls to do so.

There was another incident in south Florida in which the operator kept asking the caller the same question over and over again. The patient died.

It has to be made to work better.
I was thinking about what they could do and started wondering why she kept getting the same 911 operator. Is it because he was the only one working that day? Small town? Otherwise, maybe they could have a number you could hit and get a supervisor or at least another operator or something. It just seems ridiculous that if the 911 op is in a bad mood your going to be on your own.

The_Dark_Knight
07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
At least the Police Chief owned up to the lapse in procedure and professionalism on behalf of the officer.

I'm just curious what happened to the officer.

FinFrenzy
07-17-2009, 08:20 AM
At least the Police Chief owned up to the lapse in procedure and professionalism on behalf of the officer.

He probably got a suspension with pay to learn his lesson....:(

HansMojo
07-17-2009, 01:33 PM

Yeah, I was pretty impressed at the degree to which he owned up to it. :up: