PDA

View Full Version : Could moon landings have been faked? Some still think so

BAMAPHIN 22
07-17-2009, 05:57 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/artaldrinnasa-1.jpg

Forty years after Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin set foot on the moon, a small cult of conspiracy theorists maintains the historic event -- and the five subsequent Apollo moon landings -- were staged. These people believe NASA fabricated the landings to trump their Soviet rivals and fulfill President Kennedy's goal of ferrying humans safely to and from the moon by the end of the 1960s.

"I do know the moon landings were faked," said crusading filmmaker Bart Sibrel, whose aggressive interview tactics once provoked Aldrin to punch him in the face. "I'd bet my life on it."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/space/07/17/moon.landing.hoax/index.html

finfanfromcsu
07-17-2009, 07:26 PM
no

HansMojo
07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Wouldn't the Russians have claimed they were fake if they were? They certainly had a big enough stake in the Space Race to cry foul if there was any real reason to doubt.

GoonBoss
07-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't the Russians have claimed they were fake if they were? They certainly had a big enough stake in the Space Race to cry foul if there was any real reason to doubt.

Yes. And they would not have stopped doing so. It was far too valueable a propoganda issue.

LouPhinFan
07-20-2009, 09:39 PM
An episode of "Mythbusters" dispelled all of the major "theories" these wackos have about the moon landing being fake. I understand elderly people believing it was fake (my grandfather believed it was fake to his dying day), but people that grew up in the second half of the 20th century should know better.

jared81
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM
my uncle (r.i.p.) was a flight technician for NASA (actually a private contractor). he was the guy who worked with the astronauts, and got them prepared for launced. he passed away late last year. he worked from the beginning of the space program, and was in his height with NASA during the apollo missions. he thought the claims of the moon landings being faked were crazy. if had the feeling that if the landings were faked, he would of known about it.

also, he said those astronauts were test pilots, and were fighter pilots. they were proud people. they werent actors. do you really think a person with their mentalitys would want to fake something?

WISfinfan13
07-21-2009, 02:24 PM
These people need to let it go. All the evidenance has been debunked! They can question some of the science and question the validity of the evidence. But, how can conspiracy theorists argue when with the fact that reflectors where placed on the moon so people on earth could shoot a laser toward the reflector in order to find the exact distance (down to the inch) between the earth and moon?

jared81
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
These people need to let it go. All the evidenance has been debunked! They can question some of the science and question the validity of the evidence. But, how can conspiracy theorists argue when with the fact that reflectors where placed on the moon so people on earth could shoot a laser toward the reflector in order to find the exact distance (down to the inch) between the earth and moon?

in fairness to your claim, the russians landed a few probes on the moon with the same type of reflectors. so you could measure from unmanned probes as well.

WISfinfan13
07-21-2009, 03:12 PM
in fairness to your claim, the russians landed a few probes on the moon with the same type of reflectors. so you could measure from unmanned probes as well.

True dat.

Birdman
07-30-2009, 10:32 AM
There all in on it, it was fake, and they just want you to think they landed on the moon.
Why don't birds fly to the moon?

jared81
07-30-2009, 11:35 AM
There all in on it, it was fake, and they just want you to think they landed on the moon.
Why don't birds fly to the moon?

congrats! that has to be the worst analogy ive ever heard in my life.
they cant fly to the moon because there is no oxygen in space. the united states landed on the moon, there is proof. is it was faked, dont you think the russians would of said something.

Birdman
07-30-2009, 02:53 PM
First off it was a sarcastic comment, genius. Secondly, both country's intelligence agency's are in cahoots and they play with people's minds, take it as you will.

jared81
07-30-2009, 03:56 PM
First off it was a sarcastic comment, genius. Secondly, both country's intelligence agency's are in cahoots and they play with people's minds, take it as you will.

:lol2:......james bond is that you? mind control huh? can i ask you a question, do you have a better cell in the looney bin now that you've been there longer than anyone?:lol:

coalesce
09-11-2009, 12:36 PM
A wonderful resource for debunking the moon landing conspiracy, courtesy of Phil Plaitt, aka The Bad Astronomer.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Michael

gofins
11-13-2009, 02:10 PM
There is no moon.

Eshlemon
11-25-2009, 02:37 PM
http://zemonster.tripod.com/cheesy.html

THE MOON IS MADE OUT OF CHEESE!

He has shown proof that the moon that orbits the earth is in fact made out of cheese. Though it's too early to know yet, he theorizes that this cheese is green in color.

There is no way we landed on the moon or will ever be able too. The rockets would completely melt the landing zone into a quick sand (or more accurately quick cheese) like puddle of goo.