PDA

View Full Version : Old drunk guys at bars are creeps.

Tetragrammaton
07-21-2009, 12:02 PM
So last night, after my class got out, I did what I always do: head to the bar. I was meeting a girl I have known for a while, as well as her friend who I have known for years but have not seen recently. I arrive, and combined, there are about 9 of us in the group, with myself, four guys, and four girls. We get our drink on (I had to catch up, after all), and the other four girls and the two girls I did not know left in various forms, whether it was to go to another bar or go home. Anyway, being the pretty effeminate man I am, other men at the bar did not see me as a reason not to flirt with the two girls. It was average banter at first, but then some of the things I started to hear was bizarre. "You are going to be in my dreams tonight" and weird things like that. The lone bartender, a pretty girl who was probably in her late twenties, had to take a lot of it too, and at one point this drunk construction worker type tipped her 100 dollars on two drinks. It was all very bizarre and led to our hasty retreat, as well as a general tongue lashing to me for not being the protector I guess I was supposed to be.

I know it is partially our fault for going to a dive bar and not a nice place, but can't we do something about old man bar creeps? I propose an Amendment.

EDIT: Sorry, this was supposed to go in the Lounge, and there is no way to delete it.

FinFrenzy
07-21-2009, 01:05 PM
:sidelol: An amendment to keep guys of all forms from going to bars to try and pick up girls....:lol:

BobDole
07-21-2009, 01:11 PM
:sidelol: An amendment to keep guys of all forms from going to bars to try and pick up girls....:lol:

what? i like picking up girls in bars. i'm not old and only sometimes creepy. the last like 10 times i've gotten laid is bar chicks. i don't where i'd be without them. :confused:

where were you at james? down for a drink tonight if you are.

FinFrenzy
07-21-2009, 01:13 PM
what? i like picking up girls in bars. i'm not old and only sometimes creepy. the last like 10 times i've gotten laid is bar chicks. i don't where i'd be without them. :confused:

I don't understand the confusion from my post...:crazy:

I was laughing at the proposed amendment from keeping guys away from bars to pick up girls....:hi5:

So last night, after my class got out, I did what I always do: head to the bar. I was meeting a girl I have known for a while, as well as her friend who I have known for years but have not seen recently. I arrive, and combined, there are about 9 of us in the group, with myself, four guys, and four girls. We get our drink on (I had to catch up, after all), and the other four girls and the two girls I did not know left in various forms, whether it was to go to another bar or go home. Anyway, being the pretty effeminate man I am, other men at the bar did not see me as a reason not to flirt with the two girls. It was average banter at first, but then some of the things I started to hear was bizarre. "You are going to be in my dreams tonight" and weird things like that. The lone bartender, a pretty girl who was probably in her late twenties, had to take a lot of it too, and at one point this drunk construction worker type tipped her 100 dollars on two drinks. It was all very bizarre and led to our hasty retreat, as well as a general tongue lashing to me for not being the protector I guess I was supposed to be.

I know it is partially our fault for going to a dive bar and not a nice place, but can't we do something about old man bar creeps? I propose an Amendment.

EDIT: Sorry, this was supposed to go in the Lounge, and there is no way to delete it.

Edit: BTW the guys probably thought they were slick all but the one who tipped the hundo, he's probably still wondering where he put it....

BobDole
07-21-2009, 01:30 PM

you said guys of all forms. i'm a guy of all forms. and i don't go to bars to pick up girls - but if they're cute and willing - why not?

unless it was just a joke and i totally missed it - in which case just call me retarded.

FinFrenzy
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM

you said guys of all forms. i'm a guy of all forms. and i don't go to bars to pick up girls - but if they're cute and willing - why not?

unless it was just a joke and i totally missed it - in which case just call me retarded.

You should run for political office with the two snips in bold from your quotes above :lol:

The girls get cuter by every drink….I guess I should have substituted the word forms and used current employment (construction worker) or schooling (college kids)

It was a joke, if there was an amendment made so guys can’t pick up girls in bars, bars would close…….or there wouldn't be that many left open..that's why they have ladies night and such, to get the guys in ;)

Tetragrammaton
07-21-2009, 01:44 PM

Ha, not all guys, just old creeps.

Conor, I have class until 10 tonight, so it would might be too late. Maybe I can skip out though. I will let you know.

BobDole
07-21-2009, 01:50 PM
You should run for political office with the two snips in bold from your quotes above :lol:

The girls get cuter by every drink….I guess I should have substituted the word forms and used current employment (construction worker) or schooling (college kids)

It was a joke, if there was an amendment made so guys can’t pick up girls in bars, bars would close…….or there wouldn't be that many left open..that's why they have ladies night and such, to get the guys in ;)

that wasn't bad. i like picking them up in bars - but that doesn't mean that's what i'm going there to do. i go to drink. if marion barry wants to drink with me, so be it. :lol:

but since you were originally making a joke that i just didn't get - you should've called me retarded. cheers.

FinFrenzy
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I for one know I get cooler and cooler the more I drink or so I think so until I wake up in the morning .

BobDole
07-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Ha, not all guys, just old creeps.

Conor, I have class until 10 tonight, so it would might be too late. Maybe I can skip out though. I will let you know.

i got a friend's birthday tonight so i'm up in the air still too. hit me up later if you're thirsty.

Noodle Arm
07-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I wonder what d-day thinks of all this?

GoonBoss
07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
You know the best thing about 21 year old girls? I keep getting older, but they stay the same age......Oh yeah baby.

BTW, "You'll be in my dreams tonight." is so 1979. The way to REALLY score the chicks is to offer them a free mustache ride. 60% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Arsenal WV
07-21-2009, 11:48 PM
I woke up in a Chinese famlies den, and they would not stop screaming.

cafinfan408
07-22-2009, 07:05 AM
im 81 and all my action comes from bars

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/familyguyoldguy-1.jpg

Vaark
07-22-2009, 07:11 AM
you should have informed the construction worker that he'll be in your dreams tonight and asked if he could please show you some more butt cleavage.

fin-atic
07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Well I have a dlilema on this one as I am an old guy who is dating a young girl (24 years old)for a couple years now. She lives with me and we are happy as hell. So I think that there has to be a way for the old guys, who are normal old guys to find those young girls who are willing to date older guys. I did not find my girl in a bar, and would never use dried up old lines like those, but I have seen those bar guys and even though I am in my situation I find it embarrassing for them and for the girls. I support an ammendment if it still allows lucky old guys like me to have ours.

Locke
07-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Ahhhhh, old creepy guys at bars. Nina and I hit bars often. She loves dive bars for reasons I'll never understand, and I love beer, so we visit them pretty often. She gets stared at all the time by the old guys, with some of the drunker ones yelling stupid sh*t like 'nice butt honey' and stuff like that.

One time though, I came back from the rest room, and one fairly drunk old dude had taken up my seat next to her and was talking to her all creepy style. He was leaning really close into her and obviously being really aggressive about hitting on her. I went up and asked for my seat back. Normally I don't have problems with guys getting in my face, I'm not small by any means, 6' 185 lbs. Plus my tattoos tend to intimidate as well. This guy however, took offense to me coming back and having the audacity to ask for my seat back. He started talking junk to me and saying stuff like if I pleased my girl then she wouldn't be at the bar talking to him, blah blah. I just laughed it off, and grabbed Nina's hand so we could leave. When she tried to get up, he grabbed her arm really hard and jerked her back down onto the stool, saying he wasn't done with her or something like that. I'm really even tempered, but the only time I ever really lose my cool is when people disrespect or are rude to Nina. I shoved the guy as hard as I could, which resulted in him falling off the stool. The bartender came at this point, told me to leave, and started tending to the drunk ***hole, who was unable to get up since he was so drunk.

Moral of the story, I agree with you Zest, old creepy guys at bars suck. Thats the only incident I've had like that though. Although the staring and gawking is annoying...

fatkirstyalley
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM

there is no way to avoid the creepy old married guys looking to nail anything that walks. the best thing to do IMO is to treat it like prison. When you walk in, pick out you victim. Take a bottle to his and show everyone that you are not to be triffled with. Or you could just tell em to #%@$ off.

X-Pacolypse
07-22-2009, 01:27 PM
You know the best thing about 21 year old girls? I keep getting older, but they stay the same age......Oh yeah baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDaBAqlJv6I

BobDole
07-22-2009, 01:42 PM
had an eerily similar experience last night at the bar. it was a friend's birthday, so we were drinking downtown. some super creepy 40 year old dude came up and started hitting on my friend. he had that gay hair that was super moosed and came to a point - with frosted tips and all. i resolved the situation real fast. i shook his hand and politely asked how much of his own semen it took to make his hair look like that. he got up and started yelling while i sat and laughed. good times, great oldies. the weird thing was she actually got mad at me for making a scene. women ...

fatkirstyalley
07-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Or you could surround yourself with fat women and drink in shade and silence

Cassiopeia
07-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Ahhhhh, old creepy guys at bars. Nina and I hit bars often. She loves dive bars for reasons I'll never understand, and I love beer, so we visit them pretty often. She gets stared at all the time by the old guys, with some of the drunker ones yelling stupid sh*t like 'nice butt honey' and stuff like that.

One time though, I came back from the rest room, and one fairly drunk old dude had taken up my seat next to her and was talking to her all creepy style. He was leaning really close into her and obviously being really aggressive about hitting on her. I went up and asked for my seat back. Normally I don't have problems with guys getting in my face, I'm not small by any means, 6' 185 lbs. Plus my tattoos tend to intimidate as well. This guy however, took offense to me coming back and having the audacity to ask for my seat back. He started talking junk to me and saying stuff like if I pleased my girl then she wouldn't be at the bar talking to him, blah blah. I just laughed it off, and grabbed Nina's hand so we could leave. When she tried to get up, he grabbed her arm really hard and jerked her back down onto the stool, saying he wasn't done with her or something like that. I'm really even tempered, but the only time I ever really lose my cool is when people disrespect or are rude to Nina. I shoved the guy as hard as I could, which resulted in him falling off the stool. The bartender came at this point, told me to leave, and started tending to the drunk ***hole, who was unable to get up since he was so drunk.

Moral of the story, I agree with you Zest, old creepy guys at bars suck. Thats the only incident I've had like that though. Although the staring and gawking is annoying...

oh my god i remember that. that happened way back when we first started dating! for the record guys, that was an awesome thing to do. i hate tough guys and douchebags, but its really sexy knowing your boy isn't afraid to stand up for you!

Tetragrammaton
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
had an eerily similar experience last night at the bar. it was a friend's birthday, so we were drinking downtown. some super creepy 40 year old dude came up and started hitting on my friend. he had that gay hair that was super moosed and came to a point - with frosted tips and all. i resolved the situation real fast. i shook his hand and politely asked how much of his own semen it took to make his hair look like that. he got up and started yelling while i sat and laughed. good times, great oldies. the weird thing was she actually got mad at me for making a scene. women ...

So much for your anti-downtown stance! All I know about last night is that I am banned from Scoop and the Knights Library, but whatever.

BobDole
07-22-2009, 06:22 PM
So much for your anti-downtown stance! All I know about last night is that I am banned from Scoop and the Knights Library, but whatever.

just went b/c it was a good friend's birthday. and i won't be going back anytime soon.

Tetragrammaton
07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
just went b/c it was a good friend's birthday. and i won't be going back anytime soon.

I understand your apprehension, but 3 for 1s, man. 3 for 1s.

FinFrenzy
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
oh my god i remember that. that happened way back when we first started dating! for the record guys, that was an awesome thing to do. i hate tough guys and douchebags, but its really sexy knowing your boy isn't afraid to stand up for you!

I'm married and similar things have happened. But whats sexier for a guy is when a girl (my wife) simply got up as the guy was talking to her and planted her lips on mine. It made the guy who was trying to pick her up feel insignificant which he was.

Possum
07-22-2009, 10:21 PM
now what did you do?

Tetragrammaton
07-23-2009, 12:16 AM
now what did you do?

At Scoop I know I threw a glass. Knight's Library I supposedly got in a fight, but I don't believe that one.

Possum
07-23-2009, 12:23 AM
At Scoop I know I threw a glass. Knight's Library I supposedly got in a fight, but I don't believe that one.
thats a hell of a night. isnt fun when your friends have to tell you about your night cause you cant remember? What is the devil though is Jake and Mickys and shots of 151. but do you guys remember pounders with the old guy and his suspenders and he used to creep up to girls and start humping them. creepy but i though it was f***in hilarious.

CedarPhin
07-23-2009, 12:57 AM
There was some old guy making out with the fat bar maids at some bar I was at last night.

FinFrenzy
07-23-2009, 08:27 AM
There was some old guy making out with the fat bar maids at some bar I was at last night.

If you asked him today what happened last night he would be tellin you he had the time of his life and made out with Jessica Alba.