PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Arkham Asylum

taylormvp99
07-22-2009, 12:46 AM
This game looks incredible. Metal Gear Solid like.

Anyway, here's the villians trailer.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14273490/batman-arkham-asylum/videos/batman_trl_villains_70809.html

Ricky4Life
08-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Looks like it is going to be a great game, cant wait to finally play it. Hope it will be as dark as the arkham asylum comics are.

Greatness920
08-10-2009, 11:26 PM
just played the demo and it was pretty dang good

BARF
08-10-2009, 11:28 PM
i would have to check it out the last batman games did not hold up

CDNPHIN
08-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Its Garbage,save your money...

taylormvp99
08-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the insight........

This game is awesome. Many have called it Game of the Year so far.

BARF
08-26-2009, 03:17 AM
it is being compared to bioshock, as far as visually

Thumper1016
08-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I bought it and I like it.

DisturbedShifty
08-28-2009, 04:21 AM
Only voice your opinion if you have played the game. At LEAST the demo.

As for the game itself. Hands down best game I have played this year.

The pluses: Smooth fighting mechanics, excellent graphics, great sound, AWESOME voice acting, rich and expansive enviroments.

The negatives: The enemy A.I. is a little dumb. As pointed out in other reviews, the guy standing two feet in front of the guy you take down with a stealth attack doesn't even notice it. But that can be excused as it lends to myth of Batman. And the boss fights, while intresting, as a little bit of a let down. I would rather fight the villian straight up without henchmen getting in the way. That is more of a personal opinion though.

And finally if you are Batman fan, you are going to LOVE this game. Not did they get Paul Dini, of the orignal animated series and serveral other DC cartoons, to write the story. But they also got voice actors from the animated series, Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamil as The Joker, and Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn. And the game is rich with Batman mythos that are dropped into the game as part of the Riddler's challanges.

So I personally give this game a over whelming 9.8/10.

CDNPHIN
08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Only voice your opinion if you have played the game. At LEAST the demo.

As for the game itself. Hands down best game I have played this year.

The pluses: Smooth fighting mechanics, excellent graphics, great sound, AWESOME voice acting, rich and expansive enviroments.

The negatives: The enemy A.I. is a little dumb. As pointed out in other reviews, the guy standing two feet in front of the guy you take down with a stealth attack doesn't even notice it. But that can be excused as it lends to myth of Batman. And the boss fights, while intresting, as a little bit of a let down. I would rather fight the villian straight up without henchmen getting in the way. That is more of a personal opinion though.

And finally if you are Batman fan, you are going to LOVE this game. Not did they get Paul Dini, of the orignal animated series and serveral other DC cartoons, to write the story. But they also got voice actors from the animated series, Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamil as The Joker, and Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn. And the game is rich with Batman mythos that are dropped into the game as part of the Riddler's challanges.

So I personally give this game a over whelming 9.8/10.
Well smartguy,I have friends in the industry and PLAYED this LONG before the demo was released,hence my advice (and my OPINION) in saving your money on this over hyped-over priced game.......Garbage!

canesandphins1
08-29-2009, 07:47 PM
any info if the joker exclusive will be a 360 download in a couple mths? any news would be helpfull was thinking on getting the ps3 not for this game but for blueray player more than anything

BARF
08-29-2009, 07:51 PM
joker is ps3 only

canesandphins1
08-29-2009, 08:02 PM
there was a soul caliber exclusive the darth vader and yoda for each console and later you could download the other on xbox live a couple mths later

DisturbedShifty
08-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Well smartguy,I have friends in the industry and PLAYED this LONG before the demo was released,hence my advice (and my OPINION) in saving your money on this over hyped-over priced game.......Garbage!
Soooo, what you are saying is that you played and incomplete version of an incomplete version of the final product?

Look I understand not liking a game just because you don't like it. I am the same way with Bioshock. I played the demo and wasn't impressed. But that doesn't mean I ran out into the street and blurted out, "This game is crap!", just because I didn't like it. Quite the contrary. If I worked at a video game store and someone asked me for a good FPS, I would include that game in my list of good FPS.

I guess the point is just because you don't like something, at least give a better reason than just "It's garbage."

Oh, I will agree that at least the special edition is over priced for what you get. The batarang isn't even metal.

Ricky4Life
08-30-2009, 01:01 PM
I think the game is great. Love the cutscenses and levels with the ScareCrow. Love the game, its really hard to put down.

AngryDolphins
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
This game is awesome no doubt about it. The best comic game out there. If your a big batman fan this is a must own.

BARF
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM
finally got a chance to play the demo cannot waith to play the game

John Biello
09-05-2009, 05:07 PM
just played the demo ps3, beautiful looking game i am impressed so far.

bigwalt18
09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Got the game it is a good one to have it the collection....

Greatness920
10-04-2009, 07:47 PM
just beat the game its pretty dang good not gonna lie even the extra stuff like finding riddles is fun and thats usually the taxing part about games

Howard Stern
10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm going to go get this. I heard the 2 best games out right now are Batman and Infamous. Infamous is AWESOME. If you haven't played it yet, I suggest you do!