PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Me

BobDole
07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
anyone watch this show? the intervention scene in last night's show, that i just finished watching, is arguably the best scene i have ever watched on television. if you saw it, let me know. fugging fantastic.

BobDole
07-22-2009, 02:19 PM
that's the problem with magic - i hate ******* magicians. david copperfield can kiss my bony irish ***.

i cannot stop laughing.

welcome back.

GoonBoss
07-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I personally love the show. If I ever get money again I'm buying every season.

My favorite scene is in season one. Leary's character keeps seeing this little girl that he couldn't rescue from a car. Goes through the whole episode and, the guys think he's losing it. The last scene of the episode, he's sitting looking over the water and she shows up again. He has a little talk with her and ends up *sort of* coming to grips with it.

He stands up and, for a moment, you think "ok, he's over it."

Then, he turns and walks away. The camera zooms out and you see a string of about 7 people of various ages races and sizes getting up and following behind Leary, who is followed by the little girl.

I had tears rolling down my cheeks on that one because in a simple shot built up brilliantly, they summed up something I feel acutely, every day, but can't verbalize.

Brilliant show.

BobDole
07-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I personally love the show. If I ever get money again I'm buying every season.

My favorite scene is in season one. Leary's character keeps seeing this little girl that he couldn't rescue from a car. Goes through the whole episode and, the guys think he's losing it. The last scene of the episode, he's sitting looking over the water and she shows up again. He has a little talk with her and ends up *sort of* coming to grips with it.

He stands up and, for a moment, you think "ok, he's over it."

Then, he turns and walks away. The camera zooms out and you see a string of about 7 people of various ages races and sizes getting up and following behind Leary, who is followed by the little girl.

I had tears rolling down my cheeks on that one because in a simple shot built up brilliantly, they summed up something I feel acutely, every day, but can't verbalize.

Brilliant show.

love it as well. that was a great episode. you see last night's? i have been laughing so hard it hurts. fantastic ending to a fantastic episode. fugging genius.

:-)
07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Watched this show religiously a few years ago from season one through half of season three.

Now my show is Breaking Bad.

GoonBoss
07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
love it as well. that was a great episode. you see last night's? i have been laughing so hard it hurts. fantastic ending to a fantastic episode. fugging genius.
I haven't seen an episode in forever. I keep meaning to catch up on episodes on Hulu.com.

Gotta crunch it in with all the time I spend watching Squidbillies on Adult Swim.:lol:

BobDole
07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Watched this show religiously a few years ago from season one through half of season three.

Now my show is Breaking Bad.

start watching it again immediately. breaking bad is really good as well. was that his family that blew up in that plane in the season finale?

BobDole
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I haven't seen an episode in forever. I keep meaning to catch up on episodes on Hulu.com.

Gotta crunch it in with all the time I spend watching Squidbillies on Adult Swim.:lol:

oh man did you miss a good one. hulu is calling your name.

Blackocrates
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
You're not the only one that watches it. This season has produced some amazing episodes, some of the better ones ever. After season two the show took a little dive but it's definitely back up on top again.

I think one of the major improvements was the shows returning to focus on 9/11 and the aftermath again. Then there's Tommy drinking again.

It's one of my favorites.

Blackocrates
08-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Another great show the other day. The Jergen's incident was hilarious. The opening scene with the blues song was great.

I have a feeling somebody is going to die by season's end. I don't know who. I get the feeling it's going to be Tommy's nephew. I hope I'm wrong.

BobDole
08-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Another great show the other day. The Jergen's incident was hilarious. The opening scene with the blues song was great.

I have a feeling somebody is going to die by season's end. I don't know who. I get the feeling it's going to be Tommy's nephew. I hope I'm wrong.

that was another good one. you know they're gonna kill someone off by season's end - the question is who. i think it's gonna be one of his relatives as well - the dream with his family in that bad accident definitely had some foreshadowing going on. my guesses would be either his hard *** cousin or the chick he isn't allowed to bang anymore. should be interesting.