PDA

View Full Version : harry potter and the half blood prince!!

Cassiopeia
07-22-2009, 05:38 PM
ok all you hyper-masculine guys. its ok to admit it, who watched this movie? did anyone like it? anyone hate it? ill tell you all what i thought after i see some responses!

poornate
07-22-2009, 06:49 PM
This is not a tough guy response, cuz that's not me (I love Fried Green Tomatoes, The Piano, and The Color Purple... problem?)... but Harry Potter is garbage... not only are the books unreadable (I tried at my wife's insistence) but that manequin playing Potter makes the movies worse... I tried to watch, not 1!, but two!! Harry Potter movies and made it through neither... so, that said... did you like the movie?

d-day
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/ogre-1.jpg

Nublar7
07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I have no problem saying I went to see it. I never read the books, so each movie is un-spoiled for me.

It was a good movie, but I don't understand all the Potter hype. The movie to me was very much similar to the other five movies. While different things do happen, it follows the same basic storyline.

I have seen all six movies, so I plan on seeing the 7th and 8th movie when they come out. I am curious to see how it all ends.

Arsenal WV
07-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah Nublar. The same stuff kinda has to happen because the books take place 95% of the time at Hogwarts. Therefore most of the movie does too.

I've read all the books and my little brother went and saw it and he said it was terrible.. They do it so differently in the movies, than in the books that i cant stand watching the movies sometime.

GoonBoss
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
In Goons top 10 movies I've ever seen

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/1994_Legends_of_the_Fall-1.jpg

I think I'm a pretty masculine dude in general. But I'm not afraid to say when I like "chick flicks" and the like.

I hate All things Harry Potter. I think it's overhyped trash. As Nate said; The books are unreadable, IMO. The movies are ok. Maybe I just don't get it.

Arsenal WV
07-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I cried while watching the movie "The Notebook", and during "Armageddon" and during Pee-Wees big adventure

poornate
07-22-2009, 08:49 PM
I also like Legends of the Fall... is that a chick flick? There is a bear attack and gun fights...

Locke
07-23-2009, 02:25 AM
:lol:

Oh man, Nina is going to be so sad when she reads what you guys think about Harry Potter. If you haven't read the books, I think you can enjoy the movie. I thought the actress who played Hermoine and the actor playing Draco did especially well, and could legitimately have an acting career post-Harry Potter. Otherwise I agree the acting sucked. If you've read the books however, as was the case with me (my fiance is a fanatic about it, so I had to :( ) there is no way you'll enjoy any of the movies. They just hack it up too much......

GoonBoss
07-23-2009, 03:40 AM
I also like Legends of the Fall... is that a chick flick? There is a bear attack and gun fights...

And war. Basically, all the same things The English PAtient had....well, other than the bear attack.

Yeah...It's a chick flick. Mrs Goon creid so much when I showed it to her the first time she has forbade it to be shown in the house ever again.

GoonBoss
07-23-2009, 03:41 AM

Oh man, Nina is going to be so sad when she reads what you guys think about Harry Potter. If you haven't read the books, I think you can enjoy the movie. I thought the actress who played Hermoine and the actor playing Draco did especially well, and could legitimately have an acting career post-Harry Potter. Otherwise I agree the acting sucked. If you've read the books however, as was the case with me (my fiance is a fanatic about it, so I had to :( ) there is no way you'll enjoy any of the movies. They just hack it up too much......

You'd think she'd know us by now.:D

Cassiopeia
07-23-2009, 02:55 PM
This is not a tough guy response, cuz that's not me (I love Fried Green Tomatoes, The Piano, and The Color Purple... problem?)... but Harry Potter is garbage... not only are the books unreadable (I tried at my wife's insistence) but that manequin playing Potter makes the movies worse... I tried to watch, not 1!, but two!! Harry Potter movies and made it through neither... so, that said... did you like the movie?

initially i didn't. it left a lot out from the book, unnecessarily so in a lot of places. when i went back and watched it a second time, after knowing what to expect, i liked it a lot more. emma watson is turning into a fantastic young actress. i didn't really expect good acting, its a harry potter movie after all, so i'm not holding that against anyone else.

i hear a lot about the books dumbing down literature and other gripes. i think people forget that these were initially written for children and teenagers, and their popularity sucked in adults. they were never meant to be the next great novels. they were meant to entertain kids. when considering the target audience, i think she does an excellent job. her writing is very cinematic, its easy to picture everything that is happening as you read. she takes a lot of heat from people, but i really do think they are enjoyable books.

Cassiopeia
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM

don't act like i forced you to read any passed the first 3!!

Tetragrammaton
07-23-2009, 03:56 PM

Any movie with a bear attack is a movie worth seeing.

GoonBoss
07-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Any movie with a bear attack is a movie worth seeing.

[Action News Team] BEAR FIGHT! [/Action News Team]

Blackocrates
08-10-2009, 04:54 AM
I just watched this the other day after downloading it and it was entertaining. I've enjoyed all of the movies. I haven't read the books. I'm not a huge fan or anything but I always enjoy them. Unfortunately, I have never seen one on the big screen. I bet that would be much more enjoyable.

I wish I had Harry Potter as a kid. I know it would have opened up a huge fantasy land in my mind.

The part of me that's still a child loves Harry Potter. I allow myself to get into it while I'm watching it. I particularly like to watch the movies around Halloween time. In West Virginia the leaves are changing colors, the temperature is lowering and it's getting darker earlier. Perfect backdrop for the movie.

I definitely enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as some of the earlier ones though, especially the first one. That was my first experience with Harry Potter.

PATSSUCK
08-21-2009, 08:39 PM
[Action News Team] BEAR FIGHT! [/Action News Team]

Im kinda a big deal.