PDA

View Full Version : Have you had an experience in your life that MIGHT have required Divine Intervention?

CashInFist
07-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I have had several I can think of where I KNOW God was involved in some way.

One is when my Grandmother died in a freak car accident in front of a fast-food restaurant right in the parking lot. I very much had doubts at that time as to if God really did exist and I was very angry at the time.

I begged God if he was real to show me a sign. I had so much hatred in me at the time it was scary.

Out of nowhere my TV that was turned on went black and started playing such beatiful music that I can't even explain it. That music was so powerful to me at the time that I cried uncontrolablly and felt it in my soul. After my raw emotion subsided some the TV turned back on to normal programming and then and there I knew God was real once again.

Anyone else have a story where they knew or at least thought God was real and working in their lives at that very moment?

miamikid92
07-30-2009, 02:10 AM
very good story cashinfist

Bumpus
07-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Nope.

PhinzN703
07-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Just like when someone explains a ghost experience they had, most anything can be explained someway or another. Why would God have turned the TV to black to play music?

If you ever saw 'Bruce Almighty', too many 'prayers' are said at once for individual things to happen to people.

Jimi
07-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Just like when someone explains a ghost experience they had, most anything can be explained someway or another. Why would God have turned the TV to black to play music?

If you ever saw 'Bruce Almighty', too many 'prayers' are said at once for individual things to happen to people.

:lol:I dont know if Bruce Almighty is a good way to prove anything about God...given that his powers are limitless how could he not answer everyones prayers?

PhinzN703
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
:lol:I dont know if Bruce Almighty is a good way to prove anything about God...given that his powers are limitless how could he not answer everyones prayers?

I don't know. I didn't think every single prayer spoken was answered.

HansMojo
07-31-2009, 02:19 AM
IMHO, God answers all prayers that are sincere and heart felt, but that doesn't mean that He answers them the way we would always like. Sometimes His answer is yes. Sometimes His answer is no. Sometimes His answer is later. My belief is that God sees the big picture and answers our prayers with things in mind that we may not have considered.

emeraldfin
07-31-2009, 04:55 AM
IMHO, God answers all prayers that are sincere and heart felt, but that doesn't mean that He answers them the way we would always like. Sometimes His answer is yes. Sometimes His answer is no. Sometimes His answer is later. My belief is that God sees the big picture and answers our prayers with things in mind that we may not have considered.

IMO, if God answered prayers, then he would'nt allow young children die. Many good people have lost young children even though they prayed to God for help. You may have a different believe as to why this happens, but I personally gave up on prayers a long time ago.

JCane
07-31-2009, 05:00 AM
Nope.

This.

Dolphan7
07-31-2009, 01:28 PM
IMO, if God answered prayers, then he would'nt allow young children die. Many good people have lost young children even though they prayed to God for help. You may have a different believe as to why this happens, but I personally gave up on prayers a long time ago.But prayers isn't about asking God for whatever you want, it is much more than that. It is a sign of a healthy relationship. Prayer is how we talk to God. Every relationship has to have two way communication right? Praying to God isn't simply about getting what you want from God, but also letting Him know how thankful you are for the things you have, or thankful for answered prayers, or just telling Him what is going on in your life and the struggles and joys you face on a daily basis.

It reminds me of a child who writes his Christmas list. Asking for everything, yet he only receives that which is appropriate for the situation based on the judgment of his parents. It is the same with God. There are prayers that God will not grant - like praying to win the lottery or win a Corvette or something like that. Then there are prayers that God cannot answer. Not because He lacks the ability, but because it would interfere with the decisions man has made. God cannot undo the results of sin in the world, that we brought in. It is like a child who took that stick and indeed poked his eye out, after hearing his parents tell him not to do it because that would happen. A parent can do only so much, but they can't fix that eye. The child must go through the consequences of his mistake, and follow the process of healing. So it is with God. We (The World) have to endure the consequences of sin until the appropriate time, when all will be fixed once and for all. That is why God cannot undo the bad things that we see going on in the world. That is why prayers sometimes aren't answered. Sometimes they are though, and I have seen God work in miraculous ways, and I don't know what His criterion is for answering some prayers, but not others. All I know is he can't answer them all.

Dolphan7
07-31-2009, 01:32 PM
In the Movie? Yes they were. That is why the world turned into chaos. I find it ironic that we blast Hollywood for mis-characterizing God in movies, yet in this instance they got it right. If God simply answered each prayer at face value, without any more thought into it, the result would be world wide chaos.....think about it.

PhinzN703
07-31-2009, 01:34 PM
That is why God cannot undo the bad things that we see going on in the world.

Certainly is possible.

It's also possible that the bad things don't get stopped b/c there is no one or thing there to stop them.

Dolphan7
07-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Certainly is possible.

It's also possible that the bad things don't get stopped b/c there is no one or thing there to stop them.Spoken like a true Agnostic!!

Chubby
07-31-2009, 02:11 PM
As mentioned brilliantly earlier by Dolphan07, not every prayer can be answered. Sometimes in the grand scheme of things god knows whats best overall which may not be best right now.

In cash's story i do beleive that it could have been answered by God or an Angel, or his Grandma who knows. Its not about answering his call its about maybe giving him a little bit of strength at that moment that you feel the weakest.

I have many times prayed not for a goal but for strength to get through the problem. I am by no way consider myself religious but I pray when I can.
Chubbs

emeraldfin
08-01-2009, 07:19 AM
But prayers isn't about asking God for whatever you want, it is much more than that. It is a sign of a healthy relationship. Prayer is how we talk to God. Every relationship has to have two way communication right? Praying to God isn't simply about getting what you want from God, but also letting Him know how thankful you are for the things you have, or thankful for answered prayers, or just telling Him what is going on in your life and the struggles and joys you face on a daily basis.

It reminds me of a child who writes his Christmas list. Asking for everything, yet he only receives that which is appropriate for the situation based on the judgment of his parents. It is the same with God. There are prayers that God will not grant - like praying to win the lottery or win a Corvette or something like that. Then there are prayers that God cannot answer. Not because He lacks the ability, but because it would interfere with the decisions man has made. God cannot undo the results of sin in the world, that we brought in. It is like a child who took that stick and indeed poked his eye out, after hearing his parents tell him not to do it because that would happen. A parent can do only so much, but they can't fix that eye. The child must go through the consequences of his mistake, and follow the process of healing. So it is with God. We (The World) have to endure the consequences of sin until the appropriate time, when all will be fixed once and for all. That is why God cannot undo the bad things that we see going on in the world. That is why prayers sometimes aren't answered. Sometimes they are though, and I have seen God work in miraculous ways, and I don't know what His criterion is for answering some prayers, but not others. All I know is he can't answer them all.

Before I reply to this, there is something I always wanted to know. All the major monotheistic faiths use prayer when in need of assistance or guidence, so my question would be does God, in your opinion or your faiths belief, answer the prayers of those belonging to other faiths?

HansMojo
08-01-2009, 09:13 PM
IMO, if God answered prayers, then he would'nt allow young children die. Many good people have lost young children even though they prayed to God for help. You may have a different believe as to why this happens, but I personally gave up on prayers a long time ago.

IMHO...

I understand where you are coming from. Believe me I do. Recently my 7 year old daughter was sexually assaulted by a 13 year old boy. Without getting into the details, this has been a very difficult and painful situation for all of us, but obviously it has been especially painful for my daughter. We are dealing with it, but it is probably going to be a very long process

But despite the pain we feel over this, I continue to believe that God loves us more than we will ever fully understand. I believe that God answers all prayers (though the answer to our prayer might be yes, no, or something akin to not right now, etc.) and He answers them with the greater good in mind. And I'm not just talking about the greater good for just the person(s) praying or those directly affected by the prayer, but for His entire work of creation. God cares about our individual needs, but He is also dealing with the entire sin problem and how it affects all of His children as a whole.

I believe that God wants to put an end to all of this suffering (and He will eventually do so IMHO) but for now, He allows suffering because He allows sinful mankind to...well, to sin. My daughter was molested because someone chose to sin. From a big picture perspective, God values free will. God values personal freedom. He didn't want or create mindless automotons. He wants us to do good because we choose to, not because we have no other choice, or because we are stopped from doing bad things every time we tried to do them. He values our free will enough to allow us to sin if that is what we choose...even though that means someone else might get hurt. But He promises to not allow this to go on forever. One day, God will put an end to sin (and thus suffering), IMHO, by putting an end to those who would continue in sin even after all of things have been revealed.

We suffer because of our own sins. We suffer because of the sins of others. We suffer because of generations of sin. We might get cancer from the chemicals that were put on the ground before we was even born. We suffer because of the ever presence (in this life) of bad decisions, of mistakes, of accidents, of purposeful acts of evil...of sin. We are reaping the whirlwind created by those that came before us just us future generations will be affected by our mistakes.

At some point, God wants us all to decide if this sinful life is what we want or if we would prefer God's way. God's way is selfless. God's way puts the interests of others equal and even in front of our own interests. God's way is Love. If we are willing to follow Him, He will lead us to eternal life in Paradise with Him. If not, He still gives us this life whatever it may bring, and even allows us to follow whatever path we choose be it good or evil.

I really believe that God has determined that the best way to deal with sin is to allow it to run its course. Once it has, He will put an end to it and sort out those who prefer it from those that don't.

Of course, God does intervene at times IMHO, but since I can't see the big picture, I can only theorize as to why God acts in some situations and not others. I choose to trust His judgment and I'm thankful that the Bible promises that sin will eventually meet its end and I look forward to that day. Peace.

HansMojo
08-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Before I reply to this, there is something I always wanted to know. All the major monotheistic faiths use prayer when in need of assistance or guidence, so my question would be does God, in your opinion or your faiths belief, answer the prayers of those belonging to other faiths?

I personally think that God hears and answers the prayers of everyone. But again, sometimes the answer is no. Sometimes answering the prayer of a non-believer might harden their heart against God and I'm convinced He considers this kind of thing. I believe that He wants everyone to come into a true and meaningful relationship with Him. He wants us to know who Jesus is and why we need Him as our Savior but I don't believe He ignores or condemns people for their ignorance. When answering any prayer, I believe that God has the big picture in mind and answers accordingly.

On a different, but related note, according to Scripture, God does not withhold His blessings from the evil/unrighteous. One text that supports this is Mathew 5:43-45:

43 (http://bible.cc/matthew/5-43.htm)“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighborh (http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/5.htm#footnotesh) and hate your enemy.’ 44 (http://bible.cc/matthew/5-44.htm)But I tell you: Love your enemiesi (http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/5.htm#footnotesi) and pray for those who persecute you, 45 (http://bible.cc/matthew/5-45.htm)that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

In other words, God blesses everyone. I believe He hears everyone's prayers and answers according to what would be best for all parties. Though, I also believe that Christianity is where it's at and membership has its privileges. :up:

Dolphan7
08-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Before I reply to this, there is something I always wanted to know. All the major monotheistic faiths use prayer when in need of assistance or guidence, so my question would be does God, in your opinion or your faiths belief, answer the prayers of those belonging to other faiths?It's a great question. Basically does God listen and answer prayers from unbelievers. I would have to guess that he does. I would have to hope that he does. And I trust that he indeed does. God knows where their heart is in relation to Him. There have been many an unbeliever who in a time of searching have prayed to God not really knowing Him or why....and asking for Him.....Asking for help and understanding from Him.....who have become believers simply through that experience. Its is all about the condition of ones heart - and God's will.

In fact there are a few examples in the bible where the prayers of unbelievers were answered. But it is extremely rare.

Prayers are primarily preserved for the Body of Christ - the church - believers. It is a state of our relationship with Him. It is a sign of a healthy relationship. It is our way of communicating to God our needs and wants. Most of the instances of the use of prayer in the bible almost always revolve around believers, although there are some exceptions to this as I stated above.

Jeremiah 29:13 says - You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

2CH 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Rafiki
08-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I've had many experiences in my life that I know that God has had a direct role in helping me make the right choice. Not just little choices, but life changing ones.

Dogbone34
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
the cosmic forces are everywhere

BARF
08-03-2009, 02:09 AM
i have a very true story, back in the day when i was 10 years old i was inside the house my father was outside water the lawn at night, I kept asking my mom where is he, he needs to get inside right now. a few seconds later we here a gun shot, and for a few seconds i feel an aura and i feel like i am in a trance and i hear a voice that i feel that it was god, telling me that it is not time right now, but you must tell him to stop smoking this is your mission in life if not he will not make to 60 years old. I lost my dad to lung cancer 2 1/2 years ago he was 59 he did not listen to me, but i am not upset, more sad than anything

emeraldfin
08-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Basically then, most Christian faiths accept that God answers the prayers of non-believers also. This seems rather strange to me because why would God feel it necessary to help or assist those who do not worship him.

D7 and Hans, because both of you belong to a Christian faith would it not upset or puzzle you that both of you may at some point be in a time of need and pray countlessly for divine assistance, yet someone belonging to the Mormon or Islamic faith may recieve divine assistance, even though they are praying to false idols/beliefs. Also, even if they recieve divine assistance, they will never belief in a Christian God because they will believe that their God was the one responsible for answering their prayers.

(P.S. Hans sorry to hear about that situation that your facing at the moment)

Dolphan7
08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Basically then, most Christian faiths accept that God answers the prayers of non-believers also. This seems rather strange to me because why would God feel it necessary to help or assist those who do not worship him.

D7 and Hans, because both of you belong to a Christian faith would it not upset or puzzle you that both of you may at some point be in a time of need and pray countlessly for divine assistance, yet someone belonging to the Mormon or Islamic faith may recieve divine assistance, even though they are praying to false idols/beliefs. Also, even if they recieve divine assistance, they will never belief in a Christian God because they will believe that their God was the one responsible for answering their prayers.

(P.S. Hans sorry to hear about that situation that your facing at the moment)I don't have a problem with it. God knows what he is doing. He can see their heart, and he can see the entire big picture from beginning to end. God won't answer their prayer if it is against His will.

HansMojo
08-04-2009, 01:28 PM

(P.S. Hans sorry to hear about that situation that your facing at the moment)
We're all God's children. But yes, I do think He takes into account what an answered prayer would mean to one's eternal future as well as their present and again, I believe He will make the right call all things considered.

And thanks.

BobDole
08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
i've got one that i won't into too much detail with. a few years ago i was hit by a car when i was forced to pull over on the side of a highway in south carolina. the guy was going about 80 and i was on foot - so it is a miracle that i survived. i remember laying on the side of the road in a puddle of my own blood for about half an hour before the helicopter got there praying that i would survive. while i didn't feel any divine presence, the fact that i lost about 2/3 of the blood in my body (severed 2 major arteries) and didn't die was at least a reason to believe there might be someone out there looking out for me. no major head or back injuries was another reason. i had doctors coming from literally all around the world to check me out to try to figure out how i didn't die then and there. it would have been nice to come out of the hospital with everything i went in with - but i feel pretty damn lucky regardless. it also would have been nice for the degenerate that hit me to have any kind of real insurance - and for my health insurance to not drop me immediately - but that's a whole different conversation.

PhinzN703
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
i've got one that i won't into too much detail with. a few years ago i was hit by a car when i was forced to pull over on the side of a highway in south carolina. the guy was going about 80 and i was on foot - so it is a miracle that i survived. i remember laying on the side of the road in a puddle of my own blood for about half an hour before the helicopter got there praying that i would survive. while i didn't feel any divine presence, the fact that i lost about 2/3 of the blood in my body (severed 2 major arteries) and didn't die was at least a reason to believe there might be someone out there looking out for me. no major head or back injuries was another reason. i had doctors coming from literally all around the world to check me out to try to figure out how i didn't die then and there. it would have been nice to come out of the hospital with everything i went in with - but i feel pretty damn lucky regardless. it also would have been nice for the degenerate that hit me to have any kind of real insurance - and for my health insurance to not drop me immediately - but that's a whole different conversation.

Glad you're okay after all that happened to you man ;)

PhinzN703
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
i have a very true story, back in the day when i was 10 years old i was inside the house my father was outside water the lawn at night, I kept asking my mom where is he, he needs to get inside right now. a few seconds later we here a gun shot, and for a few seconds i feel an aura and i feel like i am in a trance and i hear a voice that i feel that it was god, telling me that it is not time right now, but you must tell him to stop smoking this is your mission in life if not he will not make to 60 years old. I lost my dad to lung cancer 2 1/2 years ago he was 59 he did not listen to me, but i am not upset, more sad than anything

Might've been Ray Liotta talking. Who knows? :up:

emeraldfin
08-05-2009, 05:27 AM
I don't have a problem with it. God knows what he is doing. He can see their heart, and he can see the entire big picture from beginning to end. God won't answer their prayer if it is against His will.

Going on your assumption that God has a plan for non believes and is willing to grant them divine assistance, its hard not to come to the conclusion that faith is then not all that important to God. Why bother assisting those who do not believe in Him if they are just going to hell for being non-believers? Why bother helping a Muslim in Pakistan, when thousands of Gods followers could be suffering?

Seems to be a strong case that good works may indeed, acquire eternal salvation.

Dolphan7
08-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Going on your assumption that God has a plan for non believes and is willing to grant them divine assistance, its hard not to come to the conclusion that faith is then not all that important to God. Why bother assisting those who do not believe in Him if they are just going to hell for being non-believers? Why bother helping a Muslim in Pakistan, when thousands of Gods followers could be suffering?

Seems to be a strong case that good works may indeed, acquire eternal salvation.Granting a few (and I mean few and far between) prayers to unbelievers is in no way taking away from the requirement of faith AND works for the believer. You are extrapolating a complete unorthodox theology based on comments in a football forum.

You have to understand that it is always about God's Will being done. No one but God understands completely His will. He will answer prayers based on His will alone. For be it from us to understand why or what criterion he uses when answering prayers of unbelievers. All we can do is understand that He does at His discretion and will.

RO 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

HansMojo
08-06-2009, 12:17 AM

Seems to be a strong case that good works may indeed, acquire eternal salvation.
IMHO..

While faith without works is dead (useless, meaningless, and evidence that there is a serious problem with one's relationship with God), we are not saved by works. You can't earn your way to Heaven by doing great things. It doesn't matter how great those things are. Our so called righteousness is "as filthy rags" and is not going to buy us a golden ticket into heaven no matter who we are or what we do. We are saved by Grace alone. We are saved because of what Christ accomplished on the Cross for all mankind and His willingness and desire to save us. We are saved when we are willing to let God into our hearts to transform us into something savable.

To make it a little more clear (or not), let's assume for a minute that Gandhi is going to be in Heaven (I'm not God, so I can't say if he is or isn't). IMHO, it would not be because of Gandhi's great works (although I do believe Gandhi did many great works and was a beautiful human being). Nor would it be because of his faith in Jesus...since he wasn't a Christian. However, IMHO, it would be because of Grace and because he cooperated with God to allow God to write God's laws on his heart...despite his ignorance of the truth as it is in Jesus Christ. But again, I'm not the Judge and while I would personally like to see Gandhi there...it's not up to me.

Of course, that's all just my very humble opinion. Peace.

dolfan06
08-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Anyone else have a story where they knew or at least thought God was real and working in their lives at that very moment?in 1974 i was on a bicycle and got hit by an 18 wheeler. split open my forehead, fractured my shoulder and really messed up my leg. the doctor told me i'd never walk without a cane but i do everything and walk and run fine. they said i wasn't breathing when the crowd gathered round, but my leadman gave me CPR until the paramedics got there. God gave me the strength to get on another bike and keep it up until i could make a circular motion with my left leg.

in 1964 i was at a drive-in movie and had a difference of opinion with about 4 guys. i pulled out a knife and started swinging when somebody grabbed me from behind, all that came to mind was that he had friends so i spun around and started slashing. it was on off-duty detective. he had a gun in my stomach and pulled the trigger but the bullet was a dud. that was 45 years ago and i've been on the straight and narrow ever since, God has something in store for me but i have yet to find out what that is.

reading this thread brings back memories that i hadn't thought of in years. almost ready for a dirt nap, gotta find out what that "something" is.

aesop
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
What'd god have planned for the guys you were slashing?

Blackocrates
08-06-2009, 09:31 PM
:lol:

GoonBoss
08-07-2009, 07:46 AM
What'd god have planned for the guys you were slashing?

to answer like a Christian would; Probably just what they did. Act as a catalyst in a life changing event that brings one to Christ.

Of course...that's if I was a Christian ;)

GoonBoss
08-07-2009, 07:53 AM
IMHO...

I understand where you are coming from. Believe me I do. Recently my 7 year old daughter was sexually assaulted by a 13 year old boy. Without getting into the details, this has been a very difficult and painful situation for all of us, but obviously it has been especially painful for my daughter. We are dealing with it, but it is probably going to be a very long process

But despite the pain we feel over this, I continue to believe that God loves us more than we will ever fully understand. I believe that God answers all prayers (though the answer to our prayer might be yes, no, or something akin to not right now, etc.) and He answers them with the greater good in mind. And I'm not just talking about the greater good for just the person(s) praying or those directly affected by the prayer, but for His entire work of creation. God cares about our individual needs, but He is also dealing with the entire sin problem and how it affects all of His children as a whole.

I believe that God wants to put an end to all of this suffering (and He will eventually do so IMHO) but for now, He allows suffering because He allows sinful mankind to...well, to sin. My daughter was molested because someone chose to sin. From a big picture perspective, God values free will. God values personal freedom. He didn't want or create mindless automotons. He wants us to do good because we choose to, not because we have no other choice, or because we are stopped from doing bad things every time we tried to do them. He values our free will enough to allow us to sin if that is what we choose...even though that means someone else might get hurt. But He promises to not allow this to go on forever. One day, God will put an end to sin (and thus suffering), IMHO, by putting an end to those who would continue in sin even after all of things have been revealed.

We suffer because of our own sins. We suffer because of the sins of others. We suffer because of generations of sin. We might get cancer from the chemicals that were put on the ground before we was even born. We suffer because of the ever presence (in this life) of bad decisions, of mistakes, of accidents, of purposeful acts of evil...of sin. We are reaping the whirlwind created by those that came before us just us future generations will be affected by our mistakes.

At some point, God wants us all to decide if this sinful life is what we want or if we would prefer God's way. God's way is selfless. God's way puts the interests of others equal and even in front of our own interests. God's way is Love. If we are willing to follow Him, He will lead us to eternal life in Paradise with Him. If not, He still gives us this life whatever it may bring, and even allows us to follow whatever path we choose be it good or evil.

I really believe that God has determined that the best way to deal with sin is to allow it to run its course. Once it has, He will put an end to it and sort out those who prefer it from those that don't.

Of course, God does intervene at times IMHO, but since I can't see the big picture, I can only theorize as to why God acts in some situations and not others. I choose to trust His judgment and I'm thankful that the Bible promises that sin will eventually meet its end and I look forward to that day. Peace.

Kudos to you sir. I would have a very hard time dealing with something like that. My wife was molested as a child, and it still effects her to this day (She's 40). Those wounds will never go away, and are not repairable. All you can do is put a band-aid over it, treat for infection and hope the scar tissue forms strong.

It would be very difficult for me not to kill that kid. Sexual abuse does not just harm the child molested. It effects everyone they touch for the rest of their lives. I actually feel it is a bigger crime against society than murder. Death, while painful in the acute, can be dealt with. Molestation is a lurking systemic cancer which will claim it's victim. It's just a matter of how much.

PhinzN703
08-07-2009, 11:25 AM
in 1974 i was on a bicycle and got hit by an 18 wheeler. split open my forehead, fractured my shoulder and really messed up my leg. the doctor told me i'd never walk without a cane but i do everything and walk and run fine. they said i wasn't breathing when the crowd gathered round, but my leadman gave me CPR until the paramedics got there. God gave me the strength to get on another bike and keep it up until i could make a circular motion with my left leg.

in 1964 i was at a drive-in movie and had a difference of opinion with about 4 guys. i pulled out a knife and started swinging when somebody grabbed me from behind, all that came to mind was that he had friends so i spun around and started slashing. it was on off-duty detective. he had a gun in my stomach and pulled the trigger but the bullet was a dud. that was 45 years ago and i've been on the straight and narrow ever since, God has something in store for me but i have yet to find out what that is.

reading this thread brings back memories that i hadn't thought of in years. almost ready for a dirt nap, gotta find out what that "something" is.

Id thank the bullet or gun company who made the product for saving your life b/c of the dud bullet rather than assuming it was God's plan.

But that's just my opinion

HansMojo
08-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Kudos to you sir. I would have a very hard time dealing with something like that. My wife was molested as a child, and it still effects her to this day (She's 40). Those wounds will never go away, and are not repairable. All you can do is put a band-aid over it, treat for infection and hope the scar tissue forms strong.

It would be very difficult for me not to kill that kid. Sexual abuse does not just harm the child molested. It effects everyone they touch for the rest of their lives. I actually feel it is a bigger crime against society than murder. Death, while painful in the acute, can be dealt with. Molestation is a lurking systemic cancer which will claim it's victim. It's just a matter of how much.
Yeah, it's been pretty rough. My daughter isn't the same bubbly happy go lucky person she was before this happened but the child psych says she is doing really well all things considered. I'd personally like to see sex offenders castrated (chemically or otherwise) because the trend is that they tend to repeat. Thanks for your kind words of understanding. :buds: