PDA

View Full Version : Official MLB Trade Deadline 2009 Thread

KDog13
07-23-2009, 04:08 PM
you talk about the trades or rumors here. I'm going to possibly do a blog about the deadline if any ones interested just check it out

So far As of 7/22/09

Red Sox Traded P Hunter Strickland and SS Argenis Diaz
For
Pirates Traded 1B Adam Laroche

Red Sox Traded SS Julio Lugo
For
Cardinals Traded 1B/OF Chris Duncan

Indians Traded RP Rafeal Betencourt
For
Rockies Traded P Connor Graham

KDog13
07-24-2009, 02:03 PM
St.Louis Cardinals Traded 3B Brett Wallace, OF Shane Peterson, And P Clayton Mortenson
For
Oakland Athletics Traded OF Matt Holliday

ChambersWI
07-24-2009, 02:59 PM
With the Cards giving up Wallace, they're going to to go all out to resign Holliday. But give them credit, they're goin all out this year to win again (getting Holliday, DeRosa, and Lugo). Plus, with Holliday, Ludwick, and Rasmus, Pujols will get pitched too.

I also doubt Roy Halladay gets traded because it will cripple a lot of farm teams. I could see a team like Texas maybe getting him since they are already a young team and want to win now, but I dunno.

KDog13
07-24-2009, 03:06 PM
With the Cards giving up Wallace, they're going to to go all out to resign Holliday. But give them credit, they're goin all out this year to win again (getting Holliday, DeRosa, and Lugo). Plus, with Holliday, Ludwick, and Rasmus, Pujols will get pitched too.

I also doubt Roy Halladay gets traded because it will cripple a lot of farm teams. I could see a team like Texas maybe getting him since they are already a young team and want to win now, but I dunno.

Yeah The Cards got a lineup. If Carpenter and Wainwright stays healthy they got a shot.

CedarPhin
07-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Oakland got a good deal out of that...for the future anyway.

KDog13
07-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Giants Acquire Ryan Garko

Indians Trade 1B/OF Ryan Garko
For
Giants Trade P Scott Barnes, and Player to be named later

KDog13
07-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Red Sox Trade Mark Kotsay 1B/OF and Cash
For
White Sox Trade Brian Anderson OF

ChambersWI
07-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Mariners trade Jeff Clement, Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin and Nathan Adcock to the Pirates for Jack Wilson and Ian Snell.

KDog13
07-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Mariners trade Jeff Clement, Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin and Nathan Adcock to the Pirates for Jack Wilson and Ian Snell.

beat me to it lol just writing it in. I really thought the Yankees were getting Snell

KDog13
07-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Phillies Acquire Cliff Lee

Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco to Philly for Jason Knapp, Carlos Carrasco, Jason Donald and Lou Marson

KDog13
07-29-2009, 02:14 PM

Indians Trade P Cliff Lee and OF Ben Francisco
For
Phillies Trade Jason Knapp, Carlos Carrasco, Jason Donald, and Lou Marson

Roman529
07-29-2009, 03:50 PM

Indians Trade P Cliff Lee and OF Ben Francisco
For
Phillies Trade Jason Knapp, Carlos Carrasco, Jason Donald, and Lou Marson

My Phillies are going to be sick with Cliff Lee, the reigning Cy Young Award winner in the AL. Great rotation to go with the best run scoring team in the NL. Ruben Amaro didn't give away the store or mortgage the future for Halladay. I feel bad for Halladay that his GM/Front office wanted too much.

SpaceMountain16
07-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Horrible trade for the Indians, what are they doing? They've ruined a team that was so promising a few years ago.

KDog13
07-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Giants Acquire Freddy Sanchez

Giants Trade Tim Alderson
For
Pirates Trade Freddy Sanchez

ChambersWI
07-29-2009, 09:06 PM
neither Wilson or Sanchez wanted to leave the Pirates. I read an article stating that when Wilson got the call, he cried for 30 minutes. Sanchez begged the Pirates not to trade him even saying he'd take a $20 million 3 year extension (which was less than the Pirates offered him earlier this month).

The Pirates are getting decent prospects in the trades they've made, but they need to start making trades for PITCHING. A future lineup with Andrew McCutcheon, Pedro Alvarez, Andy LaRoche, Jose Tabata, and Jeff Clement is gonna score runs, but they have no pitching in the minors (or majors outside of Zach Duke)

CedarPhin
07-30-2009, 03:54 AM
I can't complain about the Giants' trade deadline too much. They've upgraded two parts of their lineup without giving up too much.

Like I said in the Giants thread...I thought Alderson was overrated.

KDog13
07-30-2009, 10:08 PM
The Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill from the Orioles for minor leaguers Josh Bell and Steve Johnson.
The Cubs Acquire Tom Gorzelanny and John Grabow for Kevin Hart, Jose Ascanio, and Josh Harrison.

KDog13
07-31-2009, 01:08 AM
The Dodgers Acquire George Sherrill
For
The Orioles Acquire minor leaguers Josh Bell and Steve Johnson.

The Cubs Acquire Tom Gorzelanny and John Grabow
For
The Pirates Acquire Kevin Hart, Jose Ascanio, and Josh Harrison.

KDog13
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Tigers Acquire Jarrod Washburn

Tigers Trade Luke French, and Mauricio Robles
For
Mariners Trade Jarrod Washburn

KDog13
07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Twins Acquire Orlando Cabrera

Twins Trade Tyler Ladendorf
For
Oakland Trades Orlando Cabrera, and Cash

And it is stated the Red Sox are about to Acquire Victor Martinez

KDog13
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow The Red Sox are making out Clear Winners at the Deadline They just Acquired Victor Martinez.

Red Sox Trade Justin Masterson, Nick Hagadone, and Bryan Price
For
Indians Trade Victor Martinez

KDog13
07-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Its Reported The Red Sox Traded Newly Acquired Adam LaRoche To The Braves
The Reds Traded Hairston jr To The Yanks
The Rockies Acquired Joey Beimal from the Nats

KDog13
07-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Reds Acquire Scott Rolen

KDog13
07-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Marlins Acquire Nick Johnson

BARF
07-31-2009, 04:38 PM
i gues the red sox are trying to win it this year

MikeO
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
The Boston Roid Sox are in pure panic mode. They are 8-0 vs the Yanks yet NY has a 3 game lead on them entering August. They went with Victor Martinez over Mike Lowell basically and Lowell has been their best clutch player the past 3 years. BIG MISTAKE! And Casey Kotchman flat out won't play. He can't DH. He won't play 1st over Youk or Martinez. That is just a bad trade. I mean that is giving up a lot and paying a guy a lot to pinch hit a couple times a week.

I think the Roid Sox felt they HAD TO DO SOMETHING.......but Im not sure they made the right moves. Martinez is a nice bat to add. But I'm not sure it solves their problems.

KDog13
08-01-2009, 01:00 AM
was at the Mets game vs D Backs, and Yes The D Backs won thats my Team and I'm from NY lol.

I didn't put this deal in

Jake Peavy is headed to the White Sox. The White Sox sent Aaron Poreda, Clayton Richard, Adam Russell and Dexter Carter

NorthFloridaFin
08-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Laroche coming back to ATL gives us some needed power from the 1st baseman, which Kotchman obviously didn;t have. Our hitting has killed us this year, maybe this trade isn't too late to at least pull out a wild card spot.

SpaceMountain16
08-02-2009, 06:50 PM
The Boston Roid Sox are in pure panic mode. They are 8-0 vs the Yanks yet NY has a 3 game lead on them entering August. They went with Victor Martinez over Mike Lowell basically and Lowell has been their best clutch player the past 3 years. BIG MISTAKE! And Casey Kotchman flat out won't play. He can't DH. He won't play 1st over Youk or Martinez. That is just a bad trade. I mean that is giving up a lot and paying a guy a lot to pinch hit a couple times a week.

I think the Roid Sox felt they HAD TO DO SOMETHING.......but Im not sure they made the right moves. Martinez is a nice bat to add. But I'm not sure it solves their problems.

A Yankees fan calling the Red Sox the "Roid Sox"?

KDog13
08-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Alex Rios claimed off waivers by unknown team, Toronto can either let the team have him and his contract, they can take him back, or work something out with the team
Red Sox DFA John Smoltz, and Billy Traber
Red Sox Called up Junichi Tazawa and acquired Chris Woodward
Jason Giambi released by the A's
Rays acquire Greg Zaun
Twins acquire Carl Pavano
Yankees acquire Chad Guadin
Nationals acquire Daryle Ward and Norris Hopper
Mets acquire Anderson Hernandez
Mike Timlin rehabbing in Rockies minor leagues
Paul Bryd signed by the Red Sox
A's sign Brett Tomko
Yankies sign Russ Ortiz