PDA

View Full Version : I'm conducting an experiment (Music Related)

finfan187
07-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Name 5 Beatles songs...please. Forgot the please the first time. No need to be demanding :-)

BAMAPHIN 22
07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
1. "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"
2. "Yesterday"
3. "Hey Jude"
4. "HELP!"
5. "Come Together"

Tetragrammaton
07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
1. I am the Walrus
2. Strawberry Fields Forever
3. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
4. A Day in the Life
5. Mean Mr. Mustard

phinpunk14
07-28-2009, 09:05 PM
1. Norwegian Wood
2. Eleanor Rigby
3. Rocky Raccoon
4. Hey Jude
5. Here Comes the Sun

canesandbhoys
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
1. Love Me Do
2. I Wanna Hold Your Hand
3. Hard Day's Night
4. Yellow Submarine
5. Hey Jude

Finfang
07-28-2009, 09:35 PM
1. Tomorrow Never Knows
2. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
3. Happiness Is a Warm Gun
4. The Fool On The Hill
5. Dear Prudence

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I wanna Hold Your Hand.
Help
Love Me Do
Hard Days Night
Elenor Rigby

Just off the top of my head

finfan187
07-30-2009, 07:18 AM
1. Tomorrow Never Knows
2. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
3. Happiness Is a Warm Gun
4. The Fool On The Hill
5. Dear Prudence

Wow! Nice selection. I love the more obscure Beatles songs

BobDole
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
rocky raccoon
don't let me down
get back
revolution
something in the way she moves

what's the experiment?

TrueDolFan
07-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Penny Lane
Octopus's Garden
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
The Ballad of John and Yoko
Let It Be

finfan187
08-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I was listening to my ipod the other day and I had it on all Beatles but shuffled songs and two Ringo songs came on back-to-back, Yellow Submarine and Octopus' Garden. It got me thinking about him. It seems, to me, that even though he only sang 10 Beatles song, most of those songs are pretty widely known. So I was curious if I asked people to name 5 Beatles songs, how many would be Ringo songs.

I figured most people would know Yellow Sub and With a Little Help From My Friends and a lot of people know Octopus' Garden, but the more I look into this, the more I find that I was off-base. Most people don't mention Ringo's songs. Just look at this list, of the 40 answers, only 2 songs listed were Ringo songs. That's only 5%. He vocally contributed to 3.4% of the Beatles catalog so technically his songs are doing better in popularity by 1.6% but it's still not as high as I had thought it would be.

Tetragrammaton
08-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I was listening to my ipod the other day and I had it on all Beatles but shuffled songs and two Ringo songs came on back-to-back, Yellow Submarine and Octopus' Garden. It got me thinking about him. It seems, to me, that even though he only sang 10 Beatles song, most of those songs are pretty widely known. So I was curious if I asked people to name 5 Beatles songs, how many would be Ringo songs.

I figured most people would know Yellow Sub and With a Little Help From My Friends and a lot of people know Octopus' Garden, but the more I look into this, the more I find that I was off-base. Most people don't mention Ringo's songs. Just look at this list, of the 40 answers, only 2 songs listed were Ringo songs. That's only 5%. He vocally contributed to 3.4% of the Beatles catalog so technically his songs are doing better in popularity by 1.6% but it's still not as high as I had thought it would be.

I actually find Yellow Submarine to be a pretty boring song. I like Ringo's cover of Boys on the first album, as well as Octopus' Garden, but most of the songs he sings are pretty mediocre.

SpaceMountain16
08-02-2009, 11:16 PM
1. Let it Be
2. Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
3. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. I Am the Walrus
5. Tomorrow Never Knows

I did the first five that came into my head and tried not to view anyone else's list before i posted.