PDA

View Full Version : Dungy's involvement guarantees Vick will be signed

BAMAPHIN 22
07-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Apart from the fact that the involvement of former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy lends significant credibility to the efforts of quarterback Mike Vick to be reinstated, we think that Dungy's role as an adviser and mentor to Vick will have a dramatic impact on the next phase of his career.

For starters, it virtually guarantees that Vick will be signed by another team this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/dungys-involvement-guarantees-vick-will-be-signed/

Astrosback
07-28-2009, 12:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/dungys-involvement-guarantees-vick-will-be-signed/

Which makes Tony Dungy a piece of garbage Vick apologist.

I heard Dungy on the radio here in Miami weeks ago talking about how Vick is "just like every other guy he sees who needs a 2nd chance". He compared Vick to rookie prospects at the combine who have "bar fights" or "marijuana possession" in their history.

Well Tony Dungy, you are a moron and you are taking your brain-washed-Jesus-forgiveness-platform too far and supporting a HORRIBLE man who deserves no such support.

Dungy should help Vick go repair his life as a contruction worker but a 2nd chance in the NFL? Vick deserves no such 2nd chance at the NFL and no such mercy - just as he gave no such mercy to those dogs.

The profanity filter is there for a reason! Vick and Dungy!

Farmer
07-28-2009, 01:12 PM
wow dude

FinFrenzy
07-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Dungy is right about a 2nd chance in society, wrong for allowing any felon back in the NFL.

But I find it hard to believe Dungy is a moron.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 02:23 PM
As Colin Cowherd says; "Everyone deserves a second chance. Just not with me."

A murderer deserves a second chance...But I'm not employing him at mu business, nor letting him sleep at my house. A child molester deserves a second chance...But I'm not letting him around my kids, nor am I letting him hang around my place. An accountant that has embezzeled money deserves a second chance...But he's not doing MY taxes.

It would not bother me a bit to see Vick never allowed to play in the NFL again. Goodell has every right to not let him play again. There's always the CFL, UFL, and Arena Leauge. It's not like he can't make a living at his chosen craft....Just not at the company he wants to work at.

Companies fire employees for moral turpitude all the time....And for things lots less eqrigious than what Vick did...But they don't get our sympathy, because we don't care abou them, do we?

Astrosback
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Dungy is right about a 2nd chance in society, wrong for allowing any felon back in the NFL.

Well...you put it more diplomatically than I did. That's for sure.

I get really upset everytime I think about Vick and what he did and those who defend his return to the NFL.

Astrosback
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM

A murderer deserves a second chance...But I'm not employing him at mu business, nor letting him sleep at my house. A child molester deserves a second chance...But I'm not letting him around my kids, nor am I letting him hang around my place. An accountant that has embezzeled money deserves a second chance...But he's not doing MY taxes.

It would not bother me a bit to see Vick never allowed to play in the NFL again. Goodell has every right to not let him play again. There's always the CFL, UFL, and Arena Leauge. It's not like he can't make a living at his chosen craft....Just not at the company he wants to work at.

Companies fire employees for moral turpitude all the time....And for things lots less eqrigious than what Vick did...But they don't get our sympathy, because we don't care abou them, do we?

Exactly! If I got busted for just simply buying some weed, I would probably lose my career (would absolutely lose my advanced designation) and nobody would be crying for me if I had to work construction or make less money in a lessor "league" in my same industry.

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Exactly! If I got busted for just simply buying some weed, I would probably lose my career (would absolutely lose my advanced designation) and nobody would be crying for me if I had to work construction or make less money in a lessor "league" in my same industry.

Did you ever think maybe thats because you're easily replacible???

Vick is a rare talent that as much as he will make people mad, people will still buy tickets just to see him play. Nobody except the guy who takes your place will benefit from you buying weed, getting fired, and trying to come back.....

dlockz
07-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Why is the NFL above society?

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Did you ever think maybe thats because you're easily replacible???

Vick is a rare talent that as much as he will make people mad, people will still buy tickets just to see him play. Nobody except the guy who takes your place will benefit from you buying weed, getting fired, and trying to come back.....

Everyone's replaceable. Absolutely everyone.

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Yep, some just easier than others....ask the Falcons how much money they lost in the ability to sell tickets, and vick merchandise on the whole deal prior to last season...

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
The NFL is a business. They have the right to allow or disallow anyone they want to work or not to work for them that they like. Vick is certainly clear to have a second chance.

Federal Financial Regulaters have the right to pull the licence of traders that violate federal laws. After they serve thier time, the regulaters are under no obligation to allow them to be licensed again. Same with Bar organizations. In TX, bars and resturants have liquer licenses...If they violate a law, they may or may not get thier license pulled, and, they may or may not get it back.

What makes Vick superior to society?

NYinBostonFin
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
The NFL is a business. They have the right to allow or disallow anyone they want to work or not to work for them that they like. Vick is certainly clear to have a second chance.

Federal Financial Regulaters have the right to pull the licence of traders that violate federal laws. After they serve thier time, the regulaters are under no obligation to allow them to be licensed again. Same with Bar organizations. In TX, bars and resturants have liquer licenses...If they violate a law, they may or may not get thier license pulled, and, they may or may not get it back.

The NFL had the right not to let him back in, but they did. Not sure how that makes him superior to society, especially when he served time.

dlockz
07-28-2009, 03:04 PM

If the NFL had set such a standard over the years I would agree but they have never been a pillar of the best of society. Its obvious that the majority of players in the NFL feel like Vick should be reinstated. The NFL is not like a company entity in almost any way. Its a very unique entity and has no reason to have the standards that a normal company would have.
Goodall cannot just make decisions without looking at history and the feelings of the people in the league. A standard has to be set to make these decisions. I think people are more personal about Vick yet a scumbag like JD Quinn who has three dui's nobody wants banned from the league.Yea he was lucky and no one was killed but he is just as bad if not worse than Stallworth just more lucky.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Yep, some just easier than others....ask the Falcons how much money they lost in the ability to sell tickets, and vick merchandise on the whole deal prior to last season...

I dunno, but they got 19.7 million dollars back from Vick and made the playoffs with a rookie Matt Ryan at the helm.

Yep. Everyone's replaceable.

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Like I said, prior to last season...ya know the year they pull redmon from selling insurance back into the NFL and the franchise was in a tailspin....it's easier to replace a Chris Redmond than a Mike Vick...that was my point.

Astrosback
07-28-2009, 03:15 PM
I dunno, but they got 19.7 million dollars back from Vick and made the playoffs with a rookie Matt Ryan at the helm.

Yep. Everyone's replaceable.

Exactly, the league could do just fine without the likes of Michael Vick.

A lifetime ban, right at the time Vick admitted in court to the horrible attrocities which he committed, would have sent the right message to the all NFL players and fans, and now, we'd be moving on and nobody would even give a rat's a$$ anymore about Vick.

It's too bad Goddell didn't handle it that way.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
If the NFL had set such a standard over the years I would agree but they have never been a pillar of the best of society. Its obvious that the majority of players in the NFL feel like Vick should be reinstated. The NFL is not like a company entity in almost any way. Its a very unique entity and has no reason to have the standards that a normal company would have.
Goodall cannot just make decisions without looking at history and the feelings of the people in the league. A standard has to be set to make these decisions. I think people are more personal about Vick yet a scumbag like JD Quinn who has three dui's nobody wants banned from the league.Yea he was lucky and no one was killed but he is just as bad if not worse than Stallworth just more lucky.

Goodell abslutely can institute whatever penalty he wants to without regard to precident. He's proven it time and time again. There are plenty of companies who have people working for them who they know are not of the best character, but they are allowed to work anyway. There are pople who have done less serious things that are fired. That's the way businesses in the US work. It's just reality. In most jobs the manager can literally not like how you look one day and go; You're fired. Clean out your desk, and there is not one thing you can do about it but turn around and clean out your desk, locker, what have you.

I could care less if Quinn is banned from the NFL. If Goodell made that call, I'd be just fine with it. Stallworth, the same way. Little, the same way. If the NFL said; Anyone convicted of a misdemeanor is banned, I'd be fine with that.

I don't get why people will come to vick's defense, but don't care a damn about people who get fired for lesser things every day. I'm a security contractor. If I pop hot for weed, I'm done in the industry. Done. So you know what? I don't do weed. I gre up in a culture and an area where it was considered weird to NOT smoke weed, but, I made the choice to not engage in that behavior because I like my job more. I fail to see why Vick gets any less or more consideration.

Goodell is in charge of protecting the NFL. If he does his job well, the leauge will do well, as it has consistantly. If he does his job poorly, then he can be removed.

And noone has to give him a second chance being the commish of thier leauge either.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Like I said, prior to last season...ya know the year they pull redmon from selling insurance back into the NFL and the franchise was in a tailspin....it's easier to replace a Chris Redmond than a Mike Vick...that was my point.

Compare Vick's rookie year to Ryan's. Not only did he replace Redmond, he didn't miss a beat by blasting Vick's rookie year out of the water. No reason to believe he won't continue to do so. Yes..Vick's so terribly hard to replace...It took all of one year.

NYinBostonFin
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Goodell abslutely can institute whatever penalty he wants to without regard to precident. He's proven it time and time again. There are plenty of companies who have people working for them who they know are not of the best character, but they are allowed to work anyway. There are pople who have done less serious things that are fired. That's the way businesses in the US work. It's just reality. In most jobs the manager can literally not like how you look one day and go; You're fired. Clean out your desk, and there is not one thing you can do about it but turn around and clean out your desk, locker, what have you.

I could care less if Quinn is banned from the NFL. If Goodell made that call, I'd be just fine with it. Stallworth, the same way. Little, the same way. If the NFL said; Anyone convicted of a misdemeanor is banned, I'd be fine with that.

I don't get why people will come to vick's defense, but don't care a damn about people who get fired for lesser things every day. I'm a security contractor. If I pop hot for weed, I'm done in the industry. Done. So you know what? I don't do weed. I gre up in a culture and an area where it was considered weird to NOT smoke weed, but, I made the choice to not engage in that behavior because I like my job more. I fail to see why Vick gets any less or more consideration.

Goodell is in charge of protecting the NFL. If he does his job well, the leauge will do well, as it has consistantly. If he does his job poorly, then he can be removed.

And noone has to give him a second chance being the commish of thier leauge either.

I wish people would stop comparing themselves and their jobs to the nfl. We all know, celebrities, sports starts get special treatment. Is this new?

You say, "why are people in defense of Vick"? I say why isn't anyone near as vocal when it comes to others? Stallworth got away with 30 days and an 8 game suspension for killing a man. Thats ok? I dont remember 3 seperate threads about it, plus one that was merged 3x

NYinBostonFin
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Compare Vick's rookie year to Ryan's. Not only did he replace Redmond, he didn't miss a beat by blasting Vick's rookie year out of the water. No reason to believe he won't continue to do so. Yes..Vick's so terribly hard to replace...It took all of one year.

His talent is not the issue here. Personally, I think Vick is worthless as a QB. Wouldn't want him if he had no baggage.

Vick will also be replaced in 2 years max IMO with any team that picks him up.

FinFrenzy
07-28-2009, 03:27 PM

I never said that.

I said he's allowed a 2nd chance in society, since he served the time a judge gave him after his conviction.

The NFL is a business, a sporting business that has a huge asset in public relations. Hence the suspensions, fines, etc.

If you want to go further, what job will fine you out of your paycheck for certain things they deem wrong. Why? You ask? Why do they want to be held to higher standards you ask? PR! Public Relations = MONEY

They consistently try to make family game day experiences. Why? Because families bring in the bulk of the revenue! Single people today mostly grew up watching football in their home or at the game with their family or a member of their family.

Yes I believe all people perceived by some as role models (actors, athletes, musicians), authority figures (Police, Doctors, Military, Political people). Should be held to higher standards. If an every day joe blow did something they would have gone bankrupt lost everything, probably spent more time in jail. And I doubt if they came back their business or career would be waiting for them.

Vick has had 2nd chances:

Early incidents
Between his selection by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2001 NFL Draft and early 2007, Vick was allegedly involved several incidents or events:

In 2007, conflicting statements were made by his estranged parents about possible dogfighting activities in 2001. Michael Boddie, his father, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that around 2001, Michael Vick was staging dogfights in the garage of the family's home in Newport News and kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including injured ones which the father nursed back to health. Boddie said his son had been urged to not engage in the activity, but continued. He stated "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it."[29] Within days, Michael Vick's mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, told the Newport News Daily Press "There was no dogfighting [at our home]. There were no cages."[30]
In early 2004, two men were arrested in Virginia for distributing marijuana. The truck they were driving was registered to Michael Vick. Falcons coach Dan Reeves recalled that he lectured Vick at that time on the importance of reputation, on choosing the right friends, on staying out of trouble for the good of his team. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution quoted Reeves as having told Vick: "You are an Atlanta Falcon...Whatever you do is going to be a reflection on all of us, not just you."[31]
On October 10, 2004, Vick and the other members of his party including employee Quanis Phillips were at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport on their way to board an AirTran flight. While they were passing through a security checkpoint with Vick, a security camera caught Phillips and Todd Harris picking up an expensive-appearing watch (either a Rolex or a fake) which belonged to Alvin Spencer, a security screener.[32] After watching the theft on a video tape, Spencer filed a police report. However, he claimed that Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, known as the Falcons' "fixer", interfered with the investigation.[31] Although Vick representatives declined to make him available for an Atlanta police inquiry, six days later Spencer did get the watch back from them, according to the Washington Post.[32]
In March 2005, Sonya Elliott filed a civil lawsuit against Vick alleging she contracted genital herpes from him in the autumn of 2002, and that he failed to inform her that he had the disease.[33] Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments and thus he knew of his condition. On April 24, 2006 Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward, revealed that the lawsuit had been settled out of court under undisclosed terms.[34] Many fans bought custom jerseys from NFL.com with Vick's number 7 and the name "MEXICO" on the back, as a reference to his lawsuit. The NFL has since banned customizing jerseys with the name Mexico.[35]
November 26, 2006 – After a Falcons loss to the New Orleans Saints in the Georgia Dome, in apparent reaction to fans booing, Vick made an obscene gesture at fans, holding up two middle fingers. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and agreed to donate another $10,000 to charity.[36]
January 17, 2007 – Vick surrendered a water bottle which had a hidden compartment to security personnel at Miami International Airport. "The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright," police said. Test results indicated there were no illegal substances in the water bottle and Vick was cleared of any wrongdoing.[37] Vick announced that the water bottle was a jewelry stash box, and that the substance in question had been jewelry.[38]
On Tuesday, April 24, 2007, Michael Vick was scheduled to lobby on Capitol Hill, hoping to persuade lawmakers to increase funding for after-school programs. However, Vick missed a connecting flight in Atlanta on Monday to Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia. He later failed to show-up for another seat booked for him later that evening. On Tuesday morning, he did not attend his scheduled appearance at the congressional breakfast where he also was to be honored for his foundation's work with after-school projects in Georgia and Virginia.[39] Vick's mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, accepted an award from the Afterschool Alliance on her son's behalf.

http://www.answers.com/topic/michael-vick#Incidents.2C_criminal_troubles

Astrosback
07-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I wish people would stop comparing themselves and their jobs to the nfl. We all know, celebrities, sports starts get special treatment. Is this new?

You say, "why are people in defense of Vick"? I say why isn't anyone near as vocal when it comes to others? Stallworth got away with 30 days and an 8 game suspension for killing a man. Thats ok? I dont remember 3 seperate threads about it, plus one that was merged 3x

Stallworth hasn't been reinstated to the NFL and eventhough his crime wasn't necessarily malicious, he should be banned from the NFL for life. Leonard Little should have also been banned for life.

Multiple repeat offending idiots like Lawrence Phillips and Pacman should also be banned for life.

And a sick, heartless, dog torturing mother****** like Vick should also damn well be banned for life.

P.S. OJ should be removed from the HOF.

FinFrenzy
07-28-2009, 03:30 PM

If you read through the 2 threads on the subject most if not 100% of the guys that would like him banned would want dante banned also.

Edit: However wrong he didn't pull a Ray Lewis. Dante drove drunk. Still deserving of a ban from the NFL needless to say.

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 03:31 PM

If it's so easy to replace your starting QB explain why the phins couldn't get it done....Matt Ryans come along a lot less than Tim Couches and Ryan Leafs...

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:34 PM

I'm fine with Stallworth being banned for life. Same with JD Quinn, and, anyone else that's been pinged for a DUI or similar.

I wish people would stop treating celebreties and sports stars like they are above anyone else. They aren't. Do they get special treatment? Sure. But should they? I personally think not. I don't see how anyone intellectually honest with themselves could be ok with wanting someone who hit your dad and killed him while driving drunk to be sent to jail forever, but just shrugging off the Stallworth case.

I don't see why if I wouldn't hire Mike Vick at my company, I should expect Goodell to allow him to work at his company. Vick shouldn't get special treatment because he's a star. Has he? Yes. Should he? .... Why?

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm fine with Stallworth being banned for life. Same with JD Quinn, and, anyone else that's been pinged for a DUI or similar.

I wish people would stop treating celebreties and sports stars like they are above anyone else. They aren't. Do they get special treatment? Sure. But should they? I personally think not. I don't see how anyone intellectually honest with themselves could be ok with wanting someone who hit your dad and killed him while driving drunk to be sent to jail forever, but just shrugging off the Stallworth case.

I don't see why if I wouldn't hire Mike Vick at my company, I should expect Goodell to allow him to work at his company. Vick shouldn't get special treatment because he's a star. Has he? Yes. Should he? .... Why?

Finally, something we can agree on. I don't think he should get special treatment either. But he has, just like every other star previously. To try and change the precident now would cause the NFL alot of problems with Jesse Jackson and the NAACP at this point...it's the ugly truth of society.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
If it's so easy to replace your starting QB explain why the phins couldn't get it done....Matt Ryans come along a lot less than Tim Couches and Ryan Leafs...

But yet in Vick's case, one did. Everyone can be replaced. We had the chance to get Ryan, but didn't. We've had a chance to get lots of quarterbacks that have turned out to be great, but we havn't. That doesn't mean they can't be replaced...Just means the staff we've had in place has been bad at thier jobs. Probably why they don't have those jobs any more, eh?

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
But yet in Vick's case, one did. Everyone can be replaced. We had the chance to get Ryan, but didn't. We've had a chance to get lots of quarterbacks that have turned out to be great, but we havn't. That doesn't mean they can't be replaced...Just means the staff we've had in place has been bad at thier jobs. Probably why they don't have those jobs any more, eh?

Agians, I never said everyone can't be replaced, it's just some are harder than others.

FinFrenzy
07-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Finally, something we can agree on. I don't think he should get special treatment either. But he has, just like every other star previously. To try and change the precident now would cause the NFL alot of problems with Jesse Jackson and the NAACP at this point...it's the ugly truth of society.

Once we step away from all of the crap and worry about society as whole. We wouldn't need Jesse *puke Jackson or the NAACP. How about just equality? No special treatment.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM

So it's not a moral issue...It's because of threats? What other NFL player do you know of that has served 20 months in federal prison that has been renstated in the NFL? That right there is precident. Goodell can, in fact, set precident. Anyone that goes to jail for X ammount of time due to the seriousness of their crimes cannot play in the NFL any more.

Jesse Jackson and the NAACP can go smoke a turd on the issue AFAIC. I bet not too many black people or any other people boycott the NFL because of Vick not being let back in.

Nobody would stand up for JD Quinn....Nobody would stand up for Stallworth...I don't see any reason they'd stand up for Vick.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Agians, I never said everyone can't be replaced, it's just some are harder than others.

And it turned out Vick wasn't hard to replace at all.

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
So it's not a moral issue...It's because of threats? What other NFL player do you know of that has served 20 months in federal prison that has been renstated in the NFL? That right there is precident. Goodell can, in fact, set precident. Anyone that goes to jail for X ammount of time due to the seriousness of their crimes cannot play in the NFL any more.

Jesse Jackson and the NAACP can go smoke a turd on the issue AFAIC. I bet not too many black people or any other people boycott the NFL because of Vick not being let back in.

Nobody would stand up for JD Quinn....Nobody would stand up for Stallworth...I don't see any reason they'd stand up for Vick.

I don't think it's a moral issue at all, IMO it's a $$$ issue...

When did gambling and racketeering become real serious crimes? Obviously not serious enough for the NFL to turn him away.

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't think it's a moral issue at all, IMO it's a $$$ issue...

When did gambling and racketeering become real serious crimes? Obviously not serious enough for the NFL to turn him away.

Why don't you ask Pete Rose about how serious gambleing can be?

When did racketeering become serious?

Under RICO, a person who is a member of an enterprise that has committed any two of 35 crimes—27 federal crimes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_crime) and 8 state crimes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_crime)—within a 10-year period can be charged with racketeering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeering). Those found guilty of racketeering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeering) can be fined up to $25,000 and/or sentenced to 20 years in prison per racketeering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeering) count. In addition, the racketeer must forfeit all ill-gotten gains and interest in any business gained through a pattern of "racketeering activity." RICO also permits a private individual harmed by the actions of such an enterprise to file a civil suit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_suit); if successful, the individual can collect treble damages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treble_damages).

Dunno, but it looks serious to me. Maybe he's not to be turned away..But he should be.

ArmyFin7
07-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Why don't you ask Pete Rose about how serious gambleing can be?

Maybe the outcome would have been different if Vick were betting on the NFL, not dogs.

When did racketeering become serious?

Dunno, but it looks serious to me. Maybe he's not to be turned away..But he should be.

Not serious enough for the NFL to say "NO" apparently.

NYinBostonFin
07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
If you read through the 2 threads on the subject most if not 100% of the guys that would like him banned would want dante banned also.

Edit: However wrong he didn't pull a Ray Lewis. Dante drove drunk. Still deserving of a ban from the NFL needless to say.

My problem with the threads I saw, is there is no posts by those who are so angry with Vick. I didn't see you post, nor Astro in any Donte thread. Why not? Don't you want this new standard of players in the NFL? Or, do you only want it with animal killers? Being consistent is key...that is what also forced Goodells hand in giving Vick essentially only a 6 game ban. He served his time in prison (more than any player I've seen in a while still playing), and gave him a suspension, while giving him a chance to play.

Personally, I'd like all scumbags out.

NYinBostonFin
07-28-2009, 05:47 PM

Goodell's hand is forced to be consistent with his own rule. Vick already served time, which makes Goodell look at Vick differently than Donte for instance, who served a whole 30 days. donte only got 2 games more by the way, hardly special treatment for Vick.

In reality, IMO, the rule was created so when stars got off, due to plea bargains, good lawyers, etc....the NFL still has the right to suspend them without legal issue.

And yes, I agree...they should all be banned. But special treatment happens with stars always unfortunately.

dlockz
07-28-2009, 06:18 PM

You are comparing things that it makes sense to have these standards with a sport. I wonder how many people stopped watching boxing because it has felons in it.

FinFrenzy
07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
My problem with the threads I saw, is there is no posts by those who are so angry with Vick. I didn't see you post, nor Astro in any Donte thread. Why not? Don't you want this new standard of players in the NFL? Or, do you only want it with animal killers? Being consistent is key...that is what also forced Goodells hand in giving Vick essentially only a 6 game ban. He served his time in prison (more than any player I've seen in a while still playing), and gave him a suspension, while giving him a chance to play.

Personally, I'd like all scumbags out.

I agree with ya!

I only post in certain threads sometimes but read most if not all (join date vs. posts) ;) Except certain ones I get involved in early....:tumbleweed:

All scumbags no matter the talent...goodbye!

dlockz
07-28-2009, 07:13 PM

So you propose the NFL sets its rule on how long you go to prison?

The only other player I know that went to prison was Jamal Lewis and he was not banned. So there is no precedent and really no earthly reason to make that rule. There are plenty of bad people in the NFL.

In February 2005, Lewis began his 4 month prison term for trying to set up the drug deal. He was subsequently suspended 4 games in the 2004 season due to drug charges.

So it you take a plead like Ray Lewis then your free to play and of course under this Stallworth would be free to play.

Personally I dont think Stallworth should be banned for life although what he did was screwed up. I dont see him as that much differant than JD Quinn except he had bad luck. You could say the same for Vick because he was not the only NFL player that fought dogs, he was even caught by total accident.

I still dont get why people think the NFL should be so much morally superior than it actually is.