PDA

View Full Version : Who's On A Diet? I've Got An Idea

GoonBoss
07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Ok...So, my middle son and I are both joining the TX National Gaurd. Him as a 19K M1 Tank Crewman (As long as he qualifies....He's able to put on pants and breathe, so, I figgure he's a lock) and me as 11B Infantryman (As long as I can qualify. Only thing in my way is I'm old and fat...One of those I can fix.)

I read about "Accountability Groups" that work essentially like this; We form the "Finheaven Accountability Group" or whatever we call it. We commit to photographing everything we eat and posting it online in the group thread. That way we sort of have to justify everything we take in. We also post weights/progress and that sort of thing.

Anyone up for it?

Bumpus
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
:lol:
I have a different sort of diet. It's designed to fill me up. Basically involves lots of red meat, potatoes, & beer (wonderful beer) ... Probably not what you meant, but WTH.

Good luck with your quest! :up:

Finfang
07-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Ok...So, my middle son and I are both joining the TX National Gaurd. Him as a 19K M1 Tank Crewman (As long as he qualifies....He's able to put on pants and breathe, so, I figgure he's a lock) and me as 11B Infantryman (As long as I can qualify. Only thing in my way is I'm old and fat...One of those I can fix.)

I read about "Accountability Groups" that work essentially like this; We form the "Finheaven Accountability Group" or whatever we call it. We commit to photographing everything we eat and posting it online in the group thread. That way we sort of have to justify everything we take in. We also post weights/progress and that sort of thing.

Anyone up for it?

I'm in on this. I haven't eaten fast food in two months.

Stay off the super nachos... I'll lay off on liquid bread....Deal :hi5:

I'm on a quest to lose pounds!

6'-190 BTW

GoonBoss
07-29-2009, 12:59 AM

6'-190 BTW

Cool. That's two. I figgure we'll post out daily food pictures at the end of each day. Maybe a "Start" picture and some updated pics as we go. I've got about 100 pounds to lose, and I am going to be trying to get it done by January.

I'm 6'1 320 (approx)

I'll try to get it rolling with a sticky

WeVie
07-29-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm in dude. Or as least I will try to be. It may be hard to take pics of everything I eat but I will do what I can. I have been eating better, running, and lifting weights for about 3 1/2 months now.

I went from this to this so far. 225lbs to 192lbs. I want to get to 180. I am 5'11". I will be the first to post pics of myself. The first one was a year ago. Second one is about a month ago. Other two is three days ago. Don't laugh at the last one.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/04/JShowerHungryPark116-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/100_5577-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/097-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/098-1.jpg

GoonBoss
07-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Awesome Weivie. It's not going to be easy to photo everything, but, I'm going to try. The theory is that once you get a look at what you are eating and, display it, the portions start to shrink. I thought it was an interesting concept. I don't know how much weight I've lost, but, I'm out of my 50s and into my 48s. I can't get my 46s buttoned and zipped, but I risk losing use of my legs. I've been at it for about a week and some.

GoonBoss
07-29-2009, 01:23 AM

6'-190 BTW

Oh...And my pattern is this; Diet hard sun-thurs. Friday is my day. **** the diet. I'm going to drink my baccardi, and, have some Supernachos. Saturday is resting and hydrating/hangover recover, and, sunday is back at it. I lost 160 pounds this way to join the army back in 92.

WeVie
07-29-2009, 01:24 AM
Awesome Weivie. It's not going to be easy to photo everything, but, I'm going to try. The theory is that once you get a look at what you are eating and, display it, the portions start to shrink. I thought it was an interesting concept. I don't know how much weight I've lost, but, I'm out of my 50s and into my 48s. I can't get my 46s buttoned and zipped, but I risk losing use of my legs. I've been at it for about a week and some.

I was about to have to start buying size 38s. 36s were starting to get really tight. I can now wear a pair of 34s that I used to wear but did not fit anymore and they are loose.

WeVie
07-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Oh...And my pattern is this; Diet hard sun-thurs. Friday is my day. **** the diet. I'm going to drink my baccardi, and, have some Supernachos. Saturday is resting and hydrating/hangover recover, and, sunday is back at it. I lost 160 pounds this way to join the army back in 92.

This about the same thing I have been doing. I never eat a big lunch anymore even on Saturday which is my day to say F the diet the rest of the day.

Only diet soda. No junk food or sweets except on Sat.

GoonBoss
07-29-2009, 01:37 AM
This about the same thing I have been doing. I never eat a big lunch anymore even on Saturday which is my day to say F the diet the rest of the day.

Only diet soda. No junk food or sweets except on Sat.

Honestly, when I started my diet back in the day, I cut out soda cold turkey. The weight just started melting off. I was shocked at how many calories I was slamming down a day just in soda.

Even at my lowest weight of my adult life, which was 1993, I got down to 209 pounds, I wore 36s. I wore 38s most of my time in the Army when i was around 225ish (Until I got to Germany...hoo boy) I'm actually pretty large framed skeletal wise (Russian/German heritage) so even at a low weight, I'll never get to 34s :)

WeVie
07-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Honestly, when I started my diet back in the day, I cut out soda cold turkey. The weight just started melting off. I was shocked at how many calories I was slamming down a day just in soda.

Even at my lowest weight of my adult life, which was 1993, I got down to 209 pounds, I wore 36s. I wore 38s most of my time in the Army when i was around 225ish (Until I got to Germany...hoo boy) I'm actually pretty large framed skeletal wise (Russian/German heritage) so even at a low weight, I'll never get to 34s :)

No doubt. You can drink 800 or 900 calories a day in soda easy. I don't drink as much diet as I used to drink high octane but it has nothing in it but a little sodium.

WelcomeBack
07-29-2009, 01:46 AM
My good friend WeVie and I have already started this and tried to keep each other motivated at times. I don't have a pic of right before the diet, but I do have some that show the difference. The first pic is my wrestling promo photo from a few years ago, the second one is from last month.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/DSC00482-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/DSCF0033-1.jpg

I started my diet on February 2nd at 383 lbs. In that time I've dropped 104 lbs. and am now at 279 lbs.

I'd gladly support anyone on their mission.

WeVie
07-29-2009, 01:51 AM
My good friend WeVie and I have already started this and tried to keep each other motivated at times. I don't have a pic of right before the diet, but I do have some that show the difference. The first pic is my wrestling promo photo from a few years ago, the second one is from last month.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/DSC00482-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/DSCF0033-1.jpg

I started my diet on February 2nd at 383 lbs. In that time I've dropped 104 lbs. and am now at 279 lbs.

I knew you would show up. You are the one that got me started. Thanks Bro!

WelcomeBack
07-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Any time man. It's always good to help out.

GoonBoss
07-29-2009, 01:57 AM

That's awesome dude. When I lost all my weight, I was at 385. I hate that I gained alot of it back, but it sure didn't happen overnight.

what promotions do you wrestle for? I've never shot any matches in VA, but I've done work for lots of promotions in Southern Indiana and Ohio. I know lots of workers that used to wrestle in VA and that area though.

WelcomeBack
07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
That's awesome dude. When I lost all my weight, I was at 385. I hate that I gained alot of it back, but it sure didn't happen overnight.

what promotions do you wrestle for? I've never shot any matches in VA, but I've done work for lots of promotions in Southern Indiana and Ohio. I know lots of workers that used to wrestle in VA and that area though.

I didn't get too far till I messed up my knees, but I plan on going back when I lose the weight and fix my knees.

fatkirstyalley
07-29-2009, 07:32 AM
What really helped me was cutting out Coke and eating after 7pm. I have always had good eating habits as far as eating fruits and veggies, but I was famous for eating peanut butter at 1am. Mix in a little exercise and drink lots of water and the weight will fall off of you. I am serious about dieting for once. You can do it.

WelcomeBack
07-29-2009, 12:34 PM
What really helped me was cutting out Coke and eating after 7pm. I have always had good eating habits as far as eating fruits and veggies, but I was famous for eating peanut butter at 1am. Mix in a little exercise and drink lots of water and the weight will fall off of you. I am serious about dieting for once. You can do it.

That's pretty much right. Eating much better, cutting out soda (even if you can drink diet soda). Things like that are huge. I haven't drank anything other than water or juice since February 2nd.

The only fast food I get is the oven roasted chicken salads from KFC. Other than that, it's Subway for me. No cheese, no mayo. That's pretty much been my work. And working out to a good extent. Don't try to kill yourself working out. Just do what feels right to your body.

Vaark
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Water really is a magic elixer. Drinking at least 96 ozs/ day will help metabolize and flush out those calories. A min of 20mins (40+ preferred) of non-stop aerobic exercise daily, like swimming, biking or brisk walking also helps to burn up those calories, especially the fatty cells. Minimize fat and sugar content, increase fiber and be sure to eat the equivalent of at leat 3-4 cups of veggies/fruits every day will drive the bad cholesterol down. As far as taking pictures of food.. not really necessary if you keep a daily journal recording everything you eat including the equivalent calories, fat and fiber contents for personal accountability.
Of course, getting rid of a spouse who was the catalyst for emotional binging is more effective than any table push-aways.:lol::chuckle:

Finfang
07-29-2009, 08:42 PM
No pictures to post but I will give you guys an idea of how I've been eating lately. I won't post what I eat everyday but this is what I had today.

Breakfast: 2 slices whole wheat toast with I can't believe it's not butter spray

Lunch: Went to Subway. I don't consider it to be fast food. Six inch Turkey and ham on wheat bread. Lettuce, tomato and spicy mustard. No cheese or mayo.

Middle afternoon snack: Large apple.

Worked out for 30 minutes when I got home. 15 minutes on the bike, 15 minutes walking.

Dinner: Large salad with salsa. I replace salad dressing with chunky salsa. Very good for you and tasty. Try it. Small bowl of black beans also.

Night is when it is tough for me and it has nothing to do with food. I like beer to relax after my hard day. Been drinking Busch Light lately. Only 100 calories a can. I'll probably drink six but I drank water all day so I think I'm okay.

I've managed to take off 5 pounds recently eating this way. You guys talked about soda but I haven't touched it in a long time and I don't have a sweet tooth luckily.

I eat like this Mon-Fri and then take the weekend off but I don't go and stuff myself and do a lot of walking.

GoonBoss
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Lol..I feel bad. My eating sucked today.

Breakfast; 1 cup (large) of coffee with creamer and sweetener (Usual first cup. I take subsequent cups black) and a bowl of Kellogg's Crispix with skim milk.

Lunch; A small bowl (About 2 cups) of rice/green beans/beef shreads.

Snacks; This is where I messed up. I fell victim to my tortilla chip addiction today and had two bowls of chips. Mega calories, but, at least i just don't grab the bag and munch until I'm full now.

Dinner. We are having lean pork tonight. I'm going to have a chunk, but not any rice.

I did an hour on the treadmill and, did three miles. I did ab crunches and reverse crunches as well. I'm sore from a big workout day yesterday.

Today was a "Push". No progress, but, I don't think a loss either.

Finfang
07-29-2009, 09:00 PM
It's never a loss Goon as long as you are working at it and thinking about doing the right thing and it sounds like you are for sure. My toughest time besides beer at night is lunch. Where I work I am surrounded by fast food. It is everywhere. Hell it is within walking distance. I have put my mind to it that I'm not going to do it and I have stuck to it. It is really tough. I was living the fast food life for so long. One day I was stuffing my face with a bag of grease and said I'm done. I feel better.

Never get discouraged. It will just add stress and that doesn't help. Always another day my friend.

GoonBoss
07-29-2009, 09:10 PM
It's never a loss Goon as long as you are working at it and thinking about doing the right thing and it sounds like you are for sure. My toughest time besides beer at night is lunch. Where I work I am surrounded by fast food. It is everywhere. Hell it is within walking distance. I have put my mind to it that I'm not going to do it and I have stuck to it. It is really tough. I was living the fast food life for so long. One day I was stuffing my face with a bag of grease and said I'm done. I feel better.

Never get discouraged. It will just add stress and that doesn't help. Always another day my friend.

Once I get my mind locked in, I'll be fine. I'm very optimistic so far. It's going well. When lost lots of weight on one occasion, I just locked into bread being poison. It never occured to me to eat it because I considered it poison. It's weird. It's really just a question of getting my mind engaged.

Subway is a great tool. The wraps are good, and I love the soup when they have it. I'm taking my off day tomorrow, as we have company coming on friday (One of Mrs Goons freinds that I detest) and I'll be out of the house. I've got plans to cut down a Ceader we've been meaning to take out, and, will be killing it on the weight bench.

WeVie
07-30-2009, 12:38 AM
When I first started running, it took me about 14 minutes to run one mile. Now I can run two miles in just under 13 minutes. My goal when I started was to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. Now, I can run five miles in 44 minutes, maybe faster but I have not run 5 in a while since I am running so much faster than I was.

WeVie
07-30-2009, 11:04 PM
So I ate good today but did not get to run. I got put on second shift at work which is 3-11 and it has messed my routine up back. I don't get home until a little after midnight and I can't run then cause it will wake my wife up but I can lift weights which I did last night. I have trouble going to sleep before 4am so that makes it hard to run before work but I have did that this week some but I am pressed for time. I have to leave by 1pm.

Oh, by the way, the scale today said 189lbs. OH YEAH! Only 9 more to to.

PhinzN703
07-31-2009, 10:26 AM
That's pretty much right. Eating much better, cutting out soda (even if you can drink diet soda). Things like that are huge. I haven't drank anything other than water or juice since February 2nd.

The only fast food I get is the oven roasted chicken salads from KFC. Other than that, it's Subway for me. No cheese, no mayo. That's pretty much been my work. And working out to a good extent. Don't try to kill yourself working out. Just do what feels right to your body.

Are you going to tell me that diet soda makes you hungry which is why it's best to cut it out?

WeVie
07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Are you going to tell me that diet soda makes you hungry which is why it's best to cut it out?

No. He is saying to drink diet soda if you can't stop drinking soda or don't want to stop.

PhinzN703
07-31-2009, 01:40 PM
No. He is saying to drink diet soda if you can't stop drinking soda or don't want to stop.

Soda is my one vice. My wife and I actually drink half diet/half regular if we go to Subway, Chipotle, wherever....

I've heard in the past that soda isn't good b/c it makes you crave more food. I for one think that's a total sham b/c say you do get more hungry b/c of diet soda but then decide to eat a bunch of fruit to fill yourself up?

That's bad?

WeVie
07-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Soda is my one vice. My wife and I actually drink half diet/half regular if we go to Subway, Chipotle, wherever....

I've heard in the past that soda isn't good b/c it makes you crave more food. I for one think that's a total sham b/c say you do get more hungry b/c of diet soda but then decide to eat a bunch of fruit to fill yourself up?

That's bad?

I've never heard that soda makes you more hungry but that does not mean it's not true. It doesn't make me more hungry.

That is one thing that I will not stop drinking is soda. It's about the only thing I like to drink with a meal other than milk sometimes. I drink a lot of water also. I drink three to four cans a day of soda but it used to be a lot more than that. I drink diet now so now I say so what.

PhinzN703
07-31-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't drink that much soda but I also don't drink as much water as you. We're even I guess ;)

WeVie
07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Just finished running. 4.75 miles in 46 minutes. Also did 60 crunches last night.

WelcomeBack
07-31-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't drink that much soda but I also don't drink as much water as you. We're even I guess ;)

The Subway guy, Jared, lost all his weight and continued to drink coffee and what he said was "unlimited" diet soda. I chose not to drink any soda at all.

I haven't heard the "soda makes you wanna eat more" thing, but who knows if that's true.

PhinzN703
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
For many people there's only one real reason to drink diet soda.

"Because it's got no calories and, yeah, you try to watch your weight," says Raymond Tomczak.

But, as The Early Show medical correspondent Dr. Emily Senay reports, some experts are now saying diet soda may be doing the exact opposite: making them gain weight.

Epidemiologist Sharon Fowler, from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, presented research data on soda consumption to the American Diabetes Association.

"What we saw was that the more diet sodas a person drinks, the more weight they were likely to gain," she says.

That finding was a big surprise, but it reflected what nutritionist Melainie Rogers saw in her work with obese patients in New York.

"When we would switch them on to diet soda off regular soda, we weren't seeing weight loss necessarily, and that was confusing to us," Rogers says.

But why would diet soda make some people gain weight? There are only theories at this point but it may be as simple as people consciously eating more because they think they can.

Khristianne Corro says, "If I'm having one of those pig out days, then yeah, I figure maybe it'll balance it out a little bit."

And Tomczak says, "I'm drinking the diet soda and you know let me have that hamburger and fries, instead of just the hamburger alone."

Researchers say physiology may also play a role.

"When I put anything to my stomach that's not water then my stomach responds by increasing the gastric acid secretion," Fowler says. "Does that increase my sense of hunger and does that drive me to eat more?"

If diet soda really doesn't take the weight off, it wouldn't be the first time a diet product failed to perform as expected.

"You know, much the same as when we went through the fat free craze, people overate not because there was anything wrong with the products, but they overate," says Rogers, the nutritionist. "So we're wondering are we seeing a similar phenomenon with the diet soda."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/04/earlyshow/contributors/emilysenay/main2330142.shtml

GoonBoss
08-02-2009, 08:03 PM
The weekend was bad for me. We had comapny and we did a little bit of partying. *Sigh* Back on the wagon today. I ran/walked 5 miles and went pretty heavy on the weights (chest/shoulders). I am about to go back for my second treadmill session in a bit.

Oh..Also chopped down a dead Ceader in my yard.

PhinzN703
08-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't think there's proof of the soda/cravings but it wouldn't shock me. It's like a guy getting a Big Mac combo with a diet Coke

GoonBoss
08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/04/earlyshow/contributors/emilysenay/main2330142.shtml

Even that report says what we all know. Diet soda has no calories. It cannot, then, make you gain weight. Now, it may contribute to your mindset to make you think you can eat more, but, by it'self it's not going to do it.

I will admit now that I've been off the diet soda somewhat, water is definitly superior as far what makes me feel better.

PhinzN703
08-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Even that report says what we all know. Diet soda has no calories. It cannot, then, make you gain weight. Now, it may contribute to your mindset to make you think you can eat more, but, by it'self it's not going to do it.

I will admit now that I've been off the diet soda somewhat, water is definitly superior as far what makes me feel better.

All I'm saying is I read somewhere that the cravings for food goes up when you drink soda. Why, I don't know.

Locke
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Isn't carbonation bad for you anyways...?

WeVie
08-02-2009, 10:46 PM

What that is saying is that most people think it's ok to eat more since they can justify it cause they had a diet soda.

WeVie
08-02-2009, 10:50 PM
So since I am close to the weight I want to be, I went ahead today and bought some whey protein. I want to also try to build a little more muscle. I need lots of protein from everything I have read.

This weekend kinda sucked for me also. I lifted weights on Saturday but did not run any. I did eat pretty good though. I think I am gonna do crunches before bedtime and run in the morning before work and lift again after I get home. I started keeping a journal of everything I do. Think that will help any?

GoonBoss
08-03-2009, 12:31 AM
So since I am close to the weight I want to be, I went ahead today and bought some whey protein. I want to also try to build a little more muscle. I need lots of protein from everything I have read.

This weekend kinda sucked for me also. I lifted weights on Saturday but did not run any. I did eat pretty good though. I think I am gonna do crunches before bedtime and run in the morning before work and lift again after I get home. I started keeping a journal of everything I do. Think that will help any?

It can't hurt.

And yes, you need protien to build muscle. You don't need all the suppliments and stuff...But good protien. All the guidelines I have read suggest you should be eating protien in grams to equal your bodyweight as a guideline. So, if you are 190 pounds, eat 190 grams of protien to build muscle...Of course working out with weights as well..At least 4 sets of each execise and 6-10 reps per set or so.

I personally love egg whites. Lots of protien, low calories. I try to incorperate egg whites into nearly everything I eat. Tuna is good as well.

WeVie
08-04-2009, 02:36 AM
So I eat good today. Subway chicken sub for lunch. Footlong. Rest of the day I had banana, almonds, two protein bars, and two turkey sandwiches, no cheese on wheat. Drank the whey protein for the first time tonight in 1% milk. whey has 46 grams of protein and total of 260 calories.

Ran 4 miles in 36 minutes this morning. Lifted weights tonight after work. No big detail but did 16 sets working various muscles. Maybe one day I will post my weekly routine.

GoonBoss
08-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Good job Wieve. Looks like you are hitting 9Min miles, which is where I need to be at to join the TXARNG.

Monday-
I finally ran a full mile for the first time last night in just under 15 mins (just over 4MPH)....*Ugh* I'm so out of shape. I remember when I could do 2 Miles in 13:50 and 3 in 26:00. At one point in Kuwait I was running 8 miles a night. Ended up doing an hour on the treadmill total. Knocked out a pretty good weight lifting routine for me.

Bfast-Glass of soy protien and 2% milk/Coffee (Creamer+sweetner first cup, black thereafter)
Lunch-(Small bowl (about 2 cups rice with shreaded beef and egg whites +Choula Hot Sause (mmmmyum)
Dinner-Mixed veggies and 1 county cut pork rib.

All in all a good day. The way my pants fit I could tell I paid for my weekend of being bad. Oh well, still not as bad as it was, and it's just more motivation to stay on the right track this week. I could tell the difference in my body shap and how my clothes are fitting so I know there is progress.

I think from now on i'm goign to put on my jeans every day to remind myself. Being unemployed, sometimes it's just to easy to slip into depression and stay in sweats.
I might have a job hooked, though....Shift superviser at a roofing products plant. Fingers crossed. If I get that job the weight is going to start melting off....Literally.

workout
-6 sets of bent oever rows with curl bar (8-10 reps each)
-4 sets of lat pulldowns (6-10 reps each)
-6 sets of still legged dead lifts (10-15 reps each)
-Crunchs (40)
-Flutter kicks (25)
I did them later than what I like. I'm up early this morning (about 4:30) as I function better when I can get my workout in early.

WeVie
08-04-2009, 11:08 AM
When I started running it took me about 14 minutes to get a mile. Now I run the first two in 13:20 @ 9mph. I have been able to run 15 minutes @ 9mph so far. I am trying to get three miles @ 9mph.

After that, I think I am gonna start running at an incline.

My best times so far.

1 mile @ 6:40
2 mile @ 13:20
3 mile @ 22:45
4 mile @ 32:00
5 mile @ 44:00
6 mile @ 56:25

I'd like to go outside and run some and see how big of a difference that is. I know most people don't run as fast outside. I guess it a little harder to keep the pace or something.

GoonBoss
08-04-2009, 11:16 AM
When I started running it took me about 14 minutes to get a mile. Now I run the first two in 13:20 @ 9mph. I have been able to run 15 minutes @ 9mph so far. I am trying to get three miles @ 9mph.

After that, I think I am gonna start running at an incline.

My best times so far.

1 mile @ 6:40
2 mile @ 13:20
3 mile @ 22:45
4 mile @ 32:00
5 mile @ 44:00
6 mile @ 56:25

I'd like to go outside and run some and see how big of a difference that is. I know most people don't run as fast outside. I guess it a little harder to keep the pace or something.

It's about the same with me, running inside or outside. I do find myself pushing a little harder on the treadmill, though because I can keep close track.

I had a great workout this morning. I'm also going to weigh at the national gaurd armory today when I take Travis over to do the ASVAB.

WeVie
08-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Ran 3.5 mile today in 32 minutes. Ate almost the same thing as yesterday only a little less and no whey protein.

Worked 3-11 today and gotta work 7-3 in the morning and I just got home at midnight so it's shower and bed for me. I may to too tired to run tomorrow but I still hope to lift.

GoonBoss
08-05-2009, 03:31 AM
Man...I suck today. I started off so great. Keep truckin' Wevie.

WeVie
08-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Man...I suck today. I started off so great. Keep truckin' Wevie.

I sucked right along with you. Like I said, got home last night after midnight, asleep about 1:30am and back up at 4:30am and back to work. I am killed. I was gonna lift but I am going to go to bed early.

I hope to run and lift tomorrow.

I did eat good most of the day. Chicken biscuit and breakfast buritios for breakfast. Fruit, almonds, protein bar, turkey meat with no bread during the day, and salmon, broccoli, carrots, and green beans for dinner.

(Edit)

Well, I started feeling guilty so I am still up and just finished working out. Chest and Triceps. One warm-up set and then two different lifts for each with three sets each. Then four sets for biceps and shoulders. Also 100 crunches and 40 leg lifts. Now I can go to bed.

WeVie
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Set records for myself today. Ran 3 miles in 21:39 minutes and 4 miles in 31:38

Breakfast: Banana and protein bar
Lunch: Six Subway sub. Chicken no cheese.
Snack: Banana and almonds
Dinner: Turkey filet, green beans, potatoes with ranch, cheese and broccoli

John Biello
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
this is impressive to see. i got pretty big after having hip surgery killed me athletically for like 6 months, but that was 2 years ago and now i just use it as an excuse. i am 6ft 225 and i would like to get to under 200 again. just started working out again, but i have nowhere near the dedication as some of you guys it seems. great thread idea though and im going to keep following.

WeVie
08-07-2009, 12:32 PM
this is impressive to see. i got pretty big after having hip surgery killed me athletically for like 6 months, but that was 2 years ago and now i just use it as an excuse. i am 6ft 225 and i would like to get to under 200 again. just started working out again, but i have nowhere near the dedication as some of you guys it seems. great thread idea though and im going to keep following.

Sounds like we were about the same size. I am 5'11" and was 225. I know you seen the picture. Now I am 189.

I finally just got tired of being fat. I was wearing 36 size jeans but they were about too small. I was gonna have to go buy some 38s.

It was hard to get started for me but once I did and started seeing a difference and everyone started, saying, "looks like you have lost weight", or "have you lost some weight," that made it easier to stay on track. One family member of mine even asked my dad if I was sick cause I had lost so much weight. Now it seems like I am obsessed with it but that's OK I guess.

You don't have to starve yourself or never eat what you like. I have one really good meal a day. I just cut out all the junk. (Two Oreo cookies has 140 calories.) I would sit down and eat 10 or 12 at a time. Also, no more fast food. I still have some ice cream or cake or something like that once or sometimes twice a week.

John Biello
08-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Sounds like we were about the same size. I am 5'11" and was 225. I know you seen the picture. Now I am 189.

I finally just got tired of being fat. I was wearing 36 size jeans but they were about too small. I was gonna have to go buy some 38s.

It was hard to get started for me but once I did and started seeing a difference and everyone started, saying, "looks like you have lost weight", or "have you lost some weight," that made it easier to stay on track. One family member of mine even asked my dad if I was sick cause I had lost so much weight. Now it seems like I am obsessed with it but that's OK I guess.

You don't have to starve yourself or never eat what you like. I have one really good meal a day. I just cut out all the junk. (Two Oreo cookies has 140 calories.) I would sit down and eat 10 or 12 at a time. Also, no more fast food. I still have some ice cream or cake or something like that once or sometimes twice a week.

seem to be in the same boat, or we were. i carry all my extra weight in my gut which is horrible and the reason why i have become fed up enough with it to do something about it. running is hard for me right now though, i have a pretty physical job where i work 12 hour shifts, and im also nursing what my ortho thinks is a meniscal tear in my knee. usually i would be out playing ball, or on the ice playing hockey on my days off but this has limited that even though i have gotten cortisone shots. i would say im a 37 on the waist, 36 to small 38 to big lol. like you mentioned, my biggest thing is diet, i know it is horrible but working third shift kills me, i eat a ton of garbage and alot of vending machine crap. i can still carry weight well, most people won't give me more than 180 or so, but i got to lose this, i can only hope to make your progress!

WeVie
08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
seem to be in the same boat, or we were. i carry all my extra weight in my gut which is horrible and the reason why i have become fed up enough with it to do something about it. running is hard for me right now though, i have a pretty physical job where i work 12 hour shifts, and im also nursing what my ortho thinks is a meniscal tear in my knee. usually i would be out playing ball, or on the ice playing hockey on my days off but this has limited that even though i have gotten cortisone shots. i would say im a 37 on the waist, 36 to small 38 to big lol. like you mentioned, my biggest thing is diet, i know it is horrible but working third shift kills me, i eat a ton of garbage and alot of vending machine crap. i can still carry weight well, most people won't give me more than 180 or so, but i got to lose this, i can only hope to make your progress!

What do you do for a living? I work on a drill rig. 12 hour shifts most of the time. Very physical labor there. Although I am a drill and have been for almost four years so it's not as bad as it used to be but it is still a lot of hard work at times.

John Biello
08-09-2009, 08:57 AM
What do you do for a living? I work on a drill rig. 12 hour shifts most of the time. Very physical labor there. Although I am a drill and have been for almost four years so it's not as bad as it used to be but it is still a lot of hard work at times.

i work in manufacturing, for a plastics company, cant be as rough as what you do but it kicks my *** pretty good, pushing around giant rolls all night long. hopefully ill get into the production line soon, i have only been with the company for 5 months or so. 12 hour shifts blow though, the days i have to go into work i cant accomplish anything, especially being on nights. so i cant work out as much as i would like to.

WeVie
08-09-2009, 10:25 AM
i work in manufacturing, for a plastics company, cant be as rough as what you do but it kicks my *** pretty good, pushing around giant rolls all night long. hopefully ill get into the production line soon, i have only been with the company for 5 months or so. 12 hour shifts blow though, the days i have to go into work i cant accomplish anything, especially being on nights. so i cant work out as much as i would like to.

I have worked 12 hour shifts for about 5 years. I would work 10 or 11 days and off 3 or 4. I started with a different company in Feb. and they take almost every weekend off so that is a lot better. Another thing is since the economy took a crap and gas is so cheap, they don't have near as much work so we have been working 8 hours a day for a while now.

I tried to start working out about a year and a half ago working 12 hour shifts and it was hard. I would get up and run and then leave for work. I was on nights also. I wouldn't have time to eat and would stop and get a burger somewhere. Pointless in even running. Now, If I have to do that, it's only Subway.

Scrap
08-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I wish I could do this.

Here is the problem:

I have always worked out, so even though my belly is growing a little bit I still look somewhat muscular. I eat more than anyone I know and I love food. My mind is not in the right state to diet. I have always believed that if you're not in the right frame of mind dieting is a waste. (You will ultimately quit and gain it back.)

I have only dieted once in my life (lost 27 lbs in 30 days). I kept the weight off for about 6 years before beginning to eat so much again. Food is what I do. Untill I get in the right frame of mind I will only gain weight. I know what I need to do....it's just finding the motivation that seems to be the problem.

Scrap
08-09-2009, 06:04 PM
WieVie,

I am with you on the jeans thing. I recently tried on a pair of 36's that were too tight. I told myself that I would not buy 38's. Now I just need motivation. That was not enough apparently.

WeVie
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I wish I could do this.

Here is the problem:

I have always worked out, so even though my belly is growing a little bit I still look somewhat muscular. I eat more than anyone I know and I love food. My mind is not in the right state to diet. I have always believed that if you're not in the right frame of mind dieting is a waste. (You will ultimately quit and gain it back.)

I have only dieted once in my life (lost 27 lbs in 30 days). I kept the weight off for about 6 years before beginning to eat so much again. Food is what I do. Untill I get in the right frame of mind I will only gain weight. I know what I need to do....it's just finding the motivation that seems to be the problem.

I know what you mean. I love to eat and what makes it worse is I love to cook and I am pretty good at it. At least most people seem to think so.

This picture is what made me say, god, I am a fat a$$ and it is time to do something about it. It don't look so bad in the mirror but when you see pictures of yourself, that is when you see it most. That and the fact that all my jeans were about too small.

I bought myself a pair of 34s yesterday and they are a little loose now.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/04/JShowerHungryPark116-1.jpg

John Biello
08-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I have worked 12 hour shifts for about 5 years. I would work 10 or 11 days and off 3 or 4. I started with a different company in Feb. and they take almost every weekend off so that is a lot better. Another thing is since the economy took a crap and gas is so cheap, they don't have near as much work so we have been working 8 hours a day for a while now.

I tried to start working out about a year and a half ago working 12 hour shifts and it was hard. I would get up and run and then leave for work. I was on nights also. I wouldn't have time to eat and would stop and get a burger somewhere. Pointless in even running. Now, If I have to do that, it's only Subway.

my company is def not suffering, its amazing, we get all the overtime you could want, to much as a matter of fact it borders on absurd. it is to the point where so many people in the department are working overtime i feel guilty taking my regularly scheduled days off, though i am a bit under the weather. i usually try and work out 3 times a week, on my days off. my biggest thing is eating habits for sure, slowly working on that though. im anxiously awaiting the effects of the cortisone shot to wear off in my knee so i can see if it was a one time only issue, or something that is going to need to be looked at, but for the time being im still limiting myself to almost no real physical activity besides work and lifting.

John Biello
08-10-2009, 02:03 PM
I know what you mean. I love to eat and what makes it worse is I love to cook and I am pretty good at it. At least most people seem to think so.

This picture is what made me say, god, I am a fat a$$ and it is time to do something about it. It don't look so bad in the mirror but when you see pictures of yourself, that is when you see it most. That and the fact that all my jeans were about too small.

I bought myself a pair of 34s yesterday and they are a little loose now.

it is nice when you get physical proof of progress isn't it?

Lorenzo Rules
08-10-2009, 02:41 PM
when i read the thread title I thought i would say, who's on a diet but i thought who is on first.

WeVie
08-11-2009, 12:37 AM
when i read the thread title I thought i would say, who's on a diet but i thought who is on first.

HUH?

WeVie
08-11-2009, 12:38 AM
it is nice when you get physical proof of progress isn't it?

That is a fact for sure. I bought a pair of slim fit levis. I think if I were to try something else other than slim fit, I may be able to wear a 32.

WelcomeBack
08-11-2009, 02:13 AM
That is a fact for sure. I bought a pair of slim fit levis. I think if I were to try something else other than slim fit, I may be able to wear a 32.

It's amazing what the actual proof can do for you in terms of motivation.

I dropped from a size 54 to a size 40 in this 6 month span.

WeVie
08-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I ran a mile in 6 minutes yesterday. That is a record for me. I ran 2.5 miles all together.

I seem to be stuck at 189-190lbs. I am gonna try this diet for a week or so and see if it helps.

Two egg whites and an apple or banana for breakfast. Protein shake before lunch. Chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and broccoli for lunch. (I found some turkey filet mignon at sam's club. Pretty good.) I am gonna have that with more broccoli later in the day and a turkey sandwich for dinner. For snacks, I am gonna have an apple, banana, two protein bars, and some almonds. On the days I lift weights, I am gonna have another protein shack afterwords.

I know my meals are a little backwards but this 3-11 shift they have me on a work has me all screwed up.

WeVie
08-11-2009, 10:14 AM
It's amazing what the actual proof can do for you in terms of motivation.

I dropped from a size 54 to a size 40 in this 6 month span.

Dude, that rocks!! good work. Keep it up.

How did you find pants that big? I don't think I have ever seen anything that big in the store.

WelcomeBack
08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Dude, that rocks!! good work. Keep it up.

How did you find pants that big? I don't think I have ever seen anything that big in the store.

That was another motivating factor for me. Being 383 lbs at the time, I hated going to stores. I had to find my clothes online...it was kind of embarrassing. Now I can get my clothes at any store and even have some Tapout gear now. It feels good to be able to do that.

WeVie
08-11-2009, 12:22 PM
That was another motivating factor for me. Being 383 lbs at the time, I hated going to stores. I had to find my clothes online...it was kind of embarrassing. Now I can get my clothes at any store and even have some Tapout gear now. It feels good to be able to do that.

Congrats dude! What weight do you want to be?

WelcomeBack
08-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Congrats dude! What weight do you want to be?

My goal is around 240. I'm always gonna be a big guy. I'm 6'1", if I can get to 240 and tone up, I think I'll be good.

WeVie
08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
My goal is around 240. I'm always gonna be a big guy. I'm 6'1", if I can get to 240 and tone up, I think I'll be good.

Being a toned 6'1" 240lbs guy, you would look great. I work with a guy that is 6'1" and he is 215. He is very skinny.

WelcomeBack
08-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Being a toned 6'1" 240lbs guy, you would look great. I work with a guy that is 6'1" and he is 215. He is very skinny.

If I can get toned...I'd be happy. I'm just gonna continue working hard. I got another 35 lbs. to go.

WeVie
08-12-2009, 11:30 AM
New record for me again today.

5 miles in 41:31.

Man this last nine or ten pounds will not go away!

The_Dark_Knight
08-12-2009, 11:50 AM

Anyone up for it?
I'm jumping in this thread kinda late Goon, but if you'll allow a retired Drill Sergeant to offer some friendly advice...

One of the things i've learned that has plagued Americans in their diet is a nasty little thing called High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). It is a sugar substitute that is much cheaper to use than simple sugar and is in everything we eat from sodas to tomato soup. The problem with HFCS is that because it is a very complex compound, the human body has difficulty breaking it down and processing it compare to simple sugar. So dietarily (is that even a friggin word???? :lol:), do your absolute best to avoid products containing HFCS. That one dietary adjustment alone will make a world of difference in your weight.

Secondly...and I would submit to you the most important....run, run, run, run!!!!!! Now I haven't done it in quite a while (and definitely intend to when I get to Afghanistan), but running is the quickest way to shed pounds like melting butter or ice.

When I was in Iraq, I started a little running regime at the gym. I got on the treadmill on day 1...ran at a "staggering" speed of 4.0 (:wink:) for a whoppin 10:00. Some of the more mean spirited guys in the gym wanted to take pot shots at me for my lack of strenuous exercise, but I had a plan and i stuck to it. Each day I would go back into the gym, add 30 seconds to my run time and increased the speed 0.1. Well, needless to say a little more than a month later when I was running an hour non stop and listened to my body on the speed. I was running anywhere between 5.5 and 6.0. I dropped so much friggin weight that when I came home the first thing I had to do was buy some new clothes because everything I had no longer fit.

Just a couple of thoughts I wanted to share with you. Whether or not you use them is up to you, but I just wanted to toss them out there.

Stay positive
Never give up
Don't beat yourself if you miss expected goals
Just keep moving.

Good luck to you and your son and from one retired soldier to two potential soldiers, this Sergeant First Class salutes you both! :flagwave:

WeVie
08-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm jumping in this thread kinda late Goon, but if you'll allow a retired Drill Sergeant to offer some friendly advice...

One of the things i've learned that has plagued Americans in their diet is a nasty little thing called High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). It is a sugar substitute that is much cheaper to use than simple sugar and is in everything we eat from sodas to tomato soup. The problem with HFCS is that because it is a very complex compound, the human body has difficulty breaking it down and processing it compare to simple sugar. So dietarily (is that even a friggin word???? :lol:), do your absolute best to avoid products containing HFCS. That one dietary adjustment alone will make a world of difference in your weight.

Secondly...and I would submit to you the most important....run, run, run, run!!!!!! Now I haven't done it in quite a while (and definitely intend to when I get to Afghanistan), but running is the quickest way to shed pounds like melting butter or ice.

When I was in Iraq, I started a little running regime at the gym. I got on the treadmill on day 1...ran at a "staggering" speed of 4.0 (:wink:) for a whoppin 10:00. Some of the more mean spirited guys in the gym wanted to take pot shots at me for my lack of strenuous exercise, but I had a plan and i stuck to it. Each day I would go back into the gym, add 30 seconds to my run time and increased the speed 0.1. Well, needless to say a little more than a month later when I was running an hour non stop and listened to my body on the speed. I was running anywhere between 5.5 and 6.0. I dropped so much friggin weight that when I came home the first thing I had to do was buy some new clothes because everything I had no longer fit.

Just a couple of thoughts I wanted to share with you. Whether or not you use them is up to you, but I just wanted to toss them out there.

Stay positive
Never give up
Don't beat yourself if you miss expected goals
Just keep moving.

Good luck to you and your son and from one retired soldier to two potential soldiers, this Sergeant First Class salutes you both! :flagwave:

This is what I have been doing also. When I started. it took me 13 minutes to run one mile.

The first goal I set was to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. It took a little while but I made it. My goal now is to run 3 miles in 20 minutes. I am very close but have did it yet.

WeVie
08-14-2009, 12:46 AM
The scale this morning said 188lbs. I hope it says the same thing in the morning. It's crazy how through out the day and from day to day you can weigh five or six pounds more and then later on it's gone again.

WelcomeBack
08-14-2009, 02:21 AM
The scale this morning said 188lbs. I hope it says the same thing in the morning. It's crazy how through out the day and from day to day you can weigh five or six pounds more and then later on it's gone again.

After you lose so much, your weight tends to fluctuate. If you check day to day, you'll notice it more. I can check one morning and be 276, the next day I'll be 282 and the very next I'll be 277. The more you check the weight, the more you'll notice it.

If you check the scale less often, you'll see a more dramatic change in weight (usually a loss).

WeVie
08-14-2009, 09:42 AM
After you lose so much, your weight tends to fluctuate. If you check day to day, you'll notice it more. I can check one morning and be 276, the next day I'll be 282 and the very next I'll be 277. The more you check the weight, the more you'll notice it.

If you check the scale less often, you'll see a more dramatic change in weight (usually a loss).

It's been a few weeks since I have really lost anything. I have been stuck at around 189-190. Yesterday it was 188.6

I seem to be stuck. I hope that I am still losing fat but gaining a little muscle since I started lifting weights but I don't know.

I changed up what I eat some this week so I hope that helps.

I last pounds are the hardest to get rid of anyway. Hopefully I can get it gone.

WeVie
08-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Gotta brag a little.

I finally ran 3 miles in 20 minutes. I thought I was gonna fall over on the last few minutes though.

WelcomeBack
08-14-2009, 01:05 PM
It's been a few weeks since I have really lost anything. I have been stuck at around 189-190. Yesterday it was 188.6

I seem to be stuck. I hope that I am still losing fat but gaining a little muscle since I started lifting weights but I don't know.

I changed up what I eat some this week so I hope that helps.

I last pounds are the hardest to get rid of anyway. Hopefully I can get it gone.

It's like they say, muscle weighs more than fat. So, maybe you are losing the fat but getting muscle, which would still be considered a great accomplishment.

Interestingly enough though, yesterday I took the girlfriend to dinner and she chose In-N-Out. Earlier in the morning yesterday, my weight was 276. So, i was skeptical of eating In-N-Out, so I ate lightly there even though it is fast food hamburger and fries. I checked the scale this morning, 274. Thankfully the burger and fries did not effect me.:woot:

WeVie
08-14-2009, 10:39 PM
It's like they say, muscle weighs more than fat. So, maybe you are losing the fat but getting muscle, which would still be considered a great accomplishment.

Interestingly enough though, yesterday I took the girlfriend to dinner and she chose In-N-Out. Earlier in the morning yesterday, my weight was 276. So, i was skeptical of eating In-N-Out, so I ate lightly there even though it is fast food hamburger and fries. I checked the scale this morning, 274. Thankfully the burger and fries did not effect me.:woot:

I went camping about two months ago and ate bad all weekend. Big breakfast, cookies, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, pizza, chips.

I just knew I had gained five pounds but I was the same when I came home. Grubbing out every now and again don't hurt is seems.

WeVie
08-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I worked my legs with weights today for the first time since I started getting back into shape. Wow! I was surprised. When I lifted 15 years ago, I was working out with almost 200 pounds doing squats. Now, 85 was plenty. When I started my upper body, I was a lot closer than with my legs.

John Biello
08-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I worked my legs with weights today for the first time since I started getting back into shape. Wow! I was surprised. When I lifted 15 years ago, I was working out with almost 200 pounds doing squats. Now, 85 was plenty. When I started my upper body, I was a lot closer than with my legs.

i always considered myself a naturally strong person, especially in the lower body, but no longer lol. i also have started lifting recently and i am on board with this for sure. i have a few issues that i mainly use more as excuses than anything else (wrist and shoulder) but it is actually embarrassing how little i can actually move. most of my work now is light with dumbells while i build some base strength and technique again.

WeVie
08-17-2009, 01:15 AM
i always considered myself a naturally strong person, especially in the lower body, but no longer lol. i also have started lifting recently and i am on board with this for sure. i have a few issues that i mainly use more as excuses than anything else (wrist and shoulder) but it is actually embarrassing how little i can actually move. most of my work now is light with dumbells while i build some base strength and technique again.

I started out doing push-ups and I bought one 25 pound dumb bell. I have bought a weight bench since. I have been working out three days a week. Now I will start adding a fourth day for legs.

WeVie
08-19-2009, 12:42 AM
My legs are so sore from those squats it is unreal! I could hardly walk for two days!

It's crazy though. It really does hurt to walk but I was still able to run 4 miles yesterday. Weird!

The_Dark_Knight
08-19-2009, 02:04 AM
A great squat routine that I did a long time ago is something I read in a book called "Super Squats"

It's an easy routine....well, to remember that is. One set of 20. Here's how you do it...

Put a weight on the bar that you know you can do for 10 reps...then FORCE yourself to do 20.

Take a deep breath then let it out.....take another deep breath and then squat, breathing out on the way up...pause up top, take anothe complete deep breath in and out before doing you next rep.

If you make the set..all 20 reps, next workout, add 10lbs to your next session.

It's a good size building, strength building and muscle endurance building routine.

Just tossing it out there. :up:

Nukulus
08-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey, just stumbled on this tread. Looks like you all are making great progress.

I too am trying to lose some weight that I have put on recently. About 1.5 years ago I was ~217ish pounds at 5'9". I was wearing 38 jeans and tired of looking fat. So I decided to start working out... mainly running with some lifting. By the end of last summer I was down to 175 and wearing 33 in jeans.

Unfortunately-though I have maintained working out I've put on 7-10 pounds and now float between 182-186. But my jeans still fit fine, which makes me wonder if its muscle mass I've put on.

Anywho, I'd like to lose about 10-15 pounds, so i will be checking back into this thread with updates.

Wevie, if I may offer a suggestion since you have plateaued with your weight loss. Your body has most likely become to used to the routine your doing. Your muscles are no longer being exercised in new ways, and thus aren't having to work as hard to do the same exercises. So i would sugges you switch up your work out routines. Do different lifting exercises that still work the same muscles, but in different ways. Maybe switch up your cardio... still run some but maybe throw in some biking or swimming as well.

Anyways, good luck all with your goals!

WeVie
08-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey, just stumbled on this tread. Looks like you all are making great progress.

I too am trying to lose some weight that I have put on recently. About 1.5 years ago I was ~217ish pounds at 5'9". I was wearing 38 jeans and tired of looking fat. So I decided to start working out... mainly running with some lifting. By the end of last summer I was down to 175 and wearing 33 in jeans.

Unfortunately-though I have maintained working out I've put on 7-10 pounds and now float between 182-186. But my jeans still fit fine, which makes me wonder if its muscle mass I've put on.

Anywho, I'd like to lose about 10-15 pounds, so i will be checking back into this thread with updates.

Wevie, if I may offer a suggestion since you have plateaued with your weight loss. Your body has most likely become to used to the routine your doing. Your muscles are no longer being exercised in new ways, and thus aren't having to work as hard to do the same exercises. So i would sugges you switch up your work out routines. Do different lifting exercises that still work the same muscles, but in different ways. Maybe switch up your cardio... still run some but maybe throw in some biking or swimming as well.

Anyways, good luck all with your goals!

I don't have a bike and have no where to swim nor am I that good of a swimmer. I have changed my diet for the better. I hope that helps. I also just added legs to my workout routine. I am also gonna start running at an incline as well.

I have thought about maybe getting a bike later one. I would much rather ride a bike then run on a treadmill but the treadmill is what I have so.........

The_Dark_Knight
08-20-2009, 02:20 AM
I don't have a bike and have no where to swim nor am I that good of a swimmer. I have changed my diet for the better. I hope that helps. I also just added legs to my workout routine. I am also gonna start running at an incline as well.

I have thought about maybe getting a bike later one. I would much rather ride a bike then run on a treadmill but the treadmill is what I have so.........
If you're stilll wanting to drop weight (or at this stage of your game, body fat) in addition to your diet, stat running fo longer periods of time. No so much distance, but time. Try and work up to and alternate an hour every other day and 30 minutes the other days.

I dropped MAD weight in Iraq doing that.

WeVie
08-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Worked my legs again yesterday. I did four sets of squats, four sets of deadlifts, and four sets of leg extensions. I did a little more weight with the squats and extensions. Didn't do dead lifts last time.

They are not sore today. My legs were really sore for two days last week and sore up in till about friday. Last week I lifted legs on Sunday.

I also started running today on an incline. Ran on a 4% incline at 7.5 for two miles. I thought it would be a lot harder than it was. I guess I am gonna have to run steeper and faster. I wanna hurt when I'm finished. No pain, no gain right?

WeVie
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
If anyone cares anymore, I set a new record for myself today.

5 miles in 40 minutes.

WeVie
09-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Have you given up Goon? What's up.

WelcomeBack
09-03-2009, 01:01 PM
My diet has slowed down quite a bit. I'm sitting at 270 right now...which is a total of 113 lbs. lost since February. But I'm not complaining. Slower is better.

WeVie
09-03-2009, 01:06 PM
My diet has slowed down quite a bit. I'm sitting at 270 right now...which is a total of 113 lbs. lost since February. But I'm not complaining. Slower is better.

Mine has not slowed down. It has stopped. I have been stuck at 187 for about a month. I have cut my calories way down and still can't get any further.

I bought some 34 jeans and then had to buy some 32s. Now they are loose also. I am hoping that although I am not losing weight, I am still losing a little fat.

It sucks to be only seven pounds from my goal and can't seem to get there.

WelcomeBack
09-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Mine has not slowed down. It has stopped. I have been stuck at 187 for about a month. I have cut my calories way down and still can't get any further.

I bought some 34 jeans and then had to buy some 32s. Now they are loose also. I am hoping that although I am not losing weight, I am still losing a little fat.

It sucks to be only seven pounds from my goal and can't seem to get there.

Could be the loss of fat and gain of muscle.