PDA

View Full Version : Attorneys: Madoff "Distraught" in Prison

BAMAPHIN 22
07-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Convicted Wall Street swindler Bernard Madoff is having a tough time adjusting to prison life in North Carolina, according to two attorneys representing victims.

Joseph Cotchett and Nancy Fineman, who visited Madoff in a Butner, N.C. prison earlier this week, came away from the meeting with the impression that the former Wall Street bigwig was "distraught" in his new environment - not surprising since the medium security facility probably lacks the luxuries of Manhattan penthouses or Palm Beach estates.

"The first thing you notice is he's not wearing a Brooks Brothers suit. He's wearing tan prison garb and a pair of tennis shoes he had to buy. It's not the usual Wall Street outfit you would imagine him to be in," Cotchett said on CBS' "The Early Show" Thursday.

Cotchett said Madoff appeared "gaunt" in his new home.

"Look, it's a prison. He's suffering the immediate throes of being thrust into this. It's a new world to him. It's not pleasant, as it shouldn't be. The man is distraught."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/30/earlyshow/main5197347.shtml?tag=stack

SpurzN703
07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
In all reality my worst nightmare is going to jail for the rest of my life. I don't plan on ever doing something that puts me in that situation though so it's fine.

Just the thought of never being free again and dying in jail is INSANE.

X-Pacolypse
07-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I wish I could say I have sympathy for Madoff, but I don't. Bernie, it could be worse. They could've thrown you into the general population in San Quentin.

Bumpus
07-31-2009, 12:48 AM
:lol:
Awww ... That's a shame.

FinFrenzy
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
In all reality my worst nightmare is going to jail for the rest of my life. I don't plan on ever doing something that puts me in that situation though so it's fine.

Just the thought of never being free again and dying in jail is INSANE.

Man, I agree that would be the ultimate nightmare!

There was an article I read once that said the most you will rehabilitated in prison is when you first walk in and you hear the bars close behind you.....