PDA

View Full Version : The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard and Funny People

BobDole
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
these are 2 flicks i want to see. funny people looks pretty damn good - judd apatow can do no wrong in my eyes considering his body of work. it will be nice to see adam sandler revert back to being dirty - and maybe even funny.

the goods looks pretty good as well. while i absolutely can't stand entourage (are those guys supposed to be cool or what? i just don't get it), i've been a big jeremy piven fan ever since he was in the awesomeness that is PCU. both flicks have great casts and should be at the very least entertaining.

james - down to see either if you're game.

SpurzN703
07-31-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm more into seeing Funny People b/c I like all who are involved with it.

The Goods might be something I wait for on DVD. I do did Entourage though and it seems there is one arguement about it (as you mentioned).

Are they supposed to be cool? I don't see where any of them go out of their way to be egotistical. Hell, they all have flaws on the show. They don't flaunt themselves.

:D

BobDole
07-31-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm more into seeing Funny People b/c I like all who are involved with it.

The Goods might be something I wait for on DVD. I do did Entourage though and it seems there is one arguement about it (as you mentioned).

Are they supposed to be cool? I don't see where any of them go out of their way to be egotistical. Hell, they all have flaws on the show. They don't flaunt themselves.

:D

my stupid friends piss themselves over entourage. they all tell me 'not being cool is the whole point' and whatever but those characters drive me nuts. i've only seen a few episodes, granted, but every one is turtle talking about fugging shoes and lame *** **** like that. everyone tells me i should give it another shot but every time i do the only redeeming qualities are the one guy's older brother - who is pretty damn funny - and sometimes piven. the main character and his agent are complete tools IMO. maybe i'm just overly critical though b/c if i was their situation i would do it right and go ape****.

Tetragrammaton
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Conor, I am actually in the middle of the worst timing right now (exam week, possibly starting a job) but I will let you know.

Tetragrammaton
08-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Funny People is very good, almost a minor masterpiece. My review is posted.

http://centralfloridafilmcritic.blogspot.com/2009/08/photobucket.html