PDA

View Full Version : Vick Spotted on Plane To Logan!

72TributeBike
07-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Rumors are flying that Michael Vick was seen flying into Boston today...to meet with you-know-who!

Great...that's just great....

dlockz
07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Rumors are flying that Michael Vick was seen flying into Boston today...to meet with you-know-who!

Vick does not make anyone unstoppable thats just as silly as thinking Pat white will be so awesome in the nfl based on so little info. I do think that would be a great move for NE. If the the bst coach maybe in the history of the NFL cannot find a use for him then maybe noone can.

TrojanMAAAAN
07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
just rumors....vick is in Virginia today

Vick, per the Associated Press, was in federal bankruptcy court again today in Virginia, where creditors are poised to vote on his plan to repay some of the money that he owes them.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hDsEKkbHNcP7laksDZz0oHhhHOwAD99PJ8VG1

Mile High Fin
I'm just assuming the Pats will sign him.
That way, when it happens, I'm not surprised/shocked.

If it happens, so be it, we'll still kick their butts.

Chubby
After the embarassing whooping we gave them last year, i dont expect anything less then Billicheat trying to 1 up us.
Chubbs

Lord Of Miami
07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Odds are that's not right.Vick was in court today in Virginia http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hDsEKkbHNcP7laksDZz0oHhhHOwAD99PJ8VG1

Chubby
07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Vick does not make anyone unstoppable thats just as silly as thinking Pat white will be so awesome in the nfl based on so little info. I do think that would be a great move for NE. If the the bst coach maybe in the history of the NFL cannot find a use for him then maybe noone can.

Best Coach? Hardly, Wanny could win many superbowls if he knew ahead of time what plays are being called. Hell Cam Cameron would be head coach of the year, if he was cheating like Billicheat.
Chubbs

72TributeBike
07-31-2009, 03:09 PM
hypothetical scenario - Mike Vick's day (7/31/2009)

Bankruptcy court in VA this morning.

Vick attorney: "Mr. Vick has reached a deal today to play with the New England Patriots."

Creditors: "Great, when do we get our money?"

Vick attorney: "Here is our proposed structure."

mumble, fumble...whisper...mumble...hubbub...

Creditors: "Very well, we accept."

MEETING OVER....30 minutes tops!

Vick attorney: "Well Mike, I wish you all the best at New England!" - shakes hands at the airport.

VA - MA... 2 hours at most by air.

ckparrothead
07-31-2009, 03:13 PM
If the Pats sign Vick then it will be pretty obvious that they did indeed have designs on Pat White, but only at the right price.

Rhody Phins Fan
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Best Coach? Hardly, Wanny could win many superbowls if he knew ahead of time what plays are being called. Hell Cam Cameron would be head coach of the year, if he was cheating like Billicheat.
Chubbs

Not to defend Belichick since I hate him, the idea that the Patriots one by cheating is ridiculous. Teams were allowed to tape other teams but just not on the field. That was the infraction. The fact that the taping happened on the field instead of from the stands or a box. Herm Edwards saw the Patriots videotaping their sidelines and he just smiled and waved because he knew that it wasn't a big deal.

Just to reiterate, I truly hate Belichick and the Patriots with a passion but it just sounds foolish when people make comments that the Patriots only won because of cheating.

dlockz
07-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Chubbs

You have your opinion. Three superbowl victories as a coach, 2 as a d coordinator. He ranks with the best. How many hall of famers are on the current team. One surefire player. He got to the superbowl with a wr playing corner. He started a player that had not started at qb since high school and still won.

Guarantee you alot of coaches have done similar things to Belichek. You could give Wanny the other teams playbook, script and audibles and he would still start Fielder and lose.

dlockz
07-31-2009, 03:22 PM
If the Pats sign Vick then it will be pretty obvious that they did indeed have designs on Pat White, but only at the right price.

Not necessarily. Vick is a former starting qb in the NFL and to add talent with so little risk does not mean they see Pat White the same way. Vick could be a possible backup while no team is looking at White as a possible primary backup right now. Many people thought take the mac qb showed they liked Vick but he is being convereted to receiver.

I dont think that its improbable that if Vick made it t the 4th round that NE might not see great value in him though. I do think that they really had minimal interest since we were a team that many linked to White and the had the picks to burn and take a chance on him if they liked him so much.

dlockz
07-31-2009, 03:24 PM
hypothetical scenario - Mike Vick's day (7/31/2009)

Bankruptcy court in VA this morning.

Vick attorney: "Mr. Vick has reached a deal today to play with the New England Patriots."

Creditors: "Great, when do we get our money?"

Vick attorney: "Here is our proposed structure."

mumble, fumble...whisper...mumble...hubbub...

Creditors: "Very well, we accept."

MEETING OVER....30 minutes tops!

Vick attorney: "Well Mike, I wish you all the best at New England!" - shakes hands at the airport.

VA - MA... 2 hours at most by air.

How can we expect Mike Vick to have a good financial plan when our government has hardly ever stayed in budget. How much are we in debt lol.

blevins29
07-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Why would the PATS want Vick?
He won't beat out Brady at QB - Moss, Welker, etc. aren't giving up a WR spot. So does he play in Wildcat situations, return punts, or play on special teams? I can't see him making the PATS any better but I can see him destroying their already tainted image (spygate) with the uproar over his doggate problems.
Let the PATS have him as far as I'm concerned.

thefranchisedef
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
If you don't think Michael Vick can play quarterback, and lead a team to victories.. you haven't watched football in the last 9 years! Michael Vick is a winner.. If he goes to New England, he makes them better.. just like i said randy moss was going to make them better but, alot of people said he was washed up.. lol.. at the same age!

dlockz
07-31-2009, 03:33 PM
If you don't think Michael Vick can play quarterback, and lead a team to victories.. you haven't watched football in the last 9 years! Michael Vick is a winner.. If he goes to New England, he makes them better.. just like i said randy moss was going to make them better but, alot of people said he was washed up.. lol.. at the same age!

I definately agree that Vick does not make them worse. The Pats are already the favorite for the superbowl and regarded as the best run franchise in the nfl.

SabanHater
07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Chubbs

Im gonna have to disagree with you there Chubbs. Wanny is so dumb he couldn't even cheat right.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/Wanny-1.jpg

72TributeBike
07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Vick is serving a 6-game suspension

Our first game with NE is away in Week 9.

Miami's D better be dad-gone-good at stopping the Wildcat, cause NE is gonna use it against us...that's a guarantee!

Should they out play us with a Wildcat package, I'll puke!

dolfan94
07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
That he's flying there is possibly a workout. Doesent mean that they will sign him. I would not be surprised if he's already worked out with more teams. And I doubt the "team he's close to signing with" is the Patriots because they would've worked him out already, and I doubt Bellicheat flyed all the way to wherever Vick is to work him out with training camp starting

Chubby
07-31-2009, 03:38 PM
You have your opinion. Three superbowl victories as a coach, 2 as a d coordinator. He ranks with the best. How many hall of famers are on the current team. One surefire player. He got to the superbowl with a wr playing corner. He started a player that had not started at qb since high school and still won.

Guarantee you alot of coaches have done similar things to Belichek. You could give Wanny the other teams playbook, script and audibles and he would still start Fielder and lose.

He has absolutely no credentials in my book.

If a KO boxing Champ was caught stuffing his glove, he would not be champion in my book.

If Ken Jennings was busted with having the answers while on Jeapordy, he would not be considered the greatest champion in my book.

Fact is Billicheat was caught cheating, In my book, he has won nothing without cheating. He is not a great coach until he can prove he can win a championship without cheating.

Spin it however you like. :)
Chubbs

Chubby
07-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Im gonna have to disagree with you there Chubbs. Wanny is so dumb he couldn't even cheat right.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/Wanny-1.jpg

Ha! your right I used a bad example :)

mmikel30
07-31-2009, 03:41 PM

If a KO boxing Champ was caught stuffing his glove, he would not be champion in my book.

If Ken Jennings was busted with having the answers while on Jeapordy, he would not be considered the greatest champion in my book.

Fact is Billicheat was caught cheating, In my book, he has won nothing without cheating. He is not a great coach until he can prove he can win a championship without cheating. If every one was doing it how come they were the only team that recived punishment ? If they are not guilty why did the recive punishment ? And if everyone else was how come no other team recived punishment ? it's pretty cut and dry !

Chubbsit's just like the (don) don shula said...they were found guilty, and had punishment for their actions, so they will always be labled as cheaters...even though the punishment was very little !

shaunm000
07-31-2009, 03:42 PM
If vick signs with the pats can we officially rename them the "Cheaters and Beaters"?

jonnyh
07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Does anybody else see a comment from dlockz and immediately skip it without reading it? I recommend it. Unless you want to hear how great the Pats are, How terrible Ronnie B is, or that Randy Starks Deserves 5 years in prison for having too many people in his car.

Chubby
07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Billicheat shouldnt be honored with the label "Good or Great Coach" imo he shouldnt ever be allowed to coach again.
Chubbs

dlockz
07-31-2009, 03:45 PM

Fact is Billicheat was caught cheating, In my book, he has won nothing without cheating. He is not a great coach until he can prove he can win a championship without cheating.

Chubbs

I just cant compare taping a practice to rigging one's glove. I guess we did not deserve our superbowl wins because we tampered with Don Shula while he was with the Colts. We cheated and he cheated by talking, hell our own vice president was talking to the bucs while Dungy was still coach so I guess anything we do will be tainted.

finsfan4life
07-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Just so a lot of you know, Vick led his team to the NFC Championship game. That's more than Pennington has done for us or the Jets. Now, that's not to say that I don't like Pennington, but that is to say that some of you need to stop acting like Vick can't be a difference maker with the Patriots. If he signs with them, I'll be very upset.

TheJetsBlow
07-31-2009, 03:55 PM

Hopefully for him, he remembered to leave his bong at home this time. Damn airport security.

Chubby
07-31-2009, 03:57 PM
I just cant compare taping a practice to rigging one's glove. I guess we did not deserve our superbowl wins because we tampered with Don Shula while he was with the Colts. We cheated and he cheated by talking, hell our own vice president was talking to the bucs while Dungy was still coach so I guess anything we do will be tainted.

One thing is speaking to another coach before approved period begins and cheating by taping calls.

What he did was cheating plain and simple, call it what you want but its equivalent to bringing the answers with you to a State or Federal test ex... BAR, Investment Licensed etc.... Its Wrong and Illegal.

Any other coach would have been permanently be banned from the sport.
Chubbs

dolfan94
07-31-2009, 03:57 PM

How does that even have a point of comparison? The boxing to Bellicheat is much more related.

72TributeBike
07-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Read the comments at this PFT link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/31/vick-to-pats-rumor-continues-to-pick-up-steam/

Some of them are absolutely hilarious. Search the page for the term "man-meat" and get ready to laugh! :)

dlockz
07-31-2009, 04:05 PM
One thing is speaking to another coach before approved period begins and cheating by taping calls.

What he did was cheating plain and simple, call it what you want but its equivalent to bringing the answers with you to a State or Federal test ex... BAR, Investment Licensed etc.... Its Wrong and Illegal.

Any other coach would have been permanently be banned from the sport.
Chubbs

Its not the same because football is not that cut and dry. Did he have the exact script of the plays that would be run? If that was true all a team would need is another's playbook and they would always win. Football is about execution. Teams knew exactly what we were going to do in 2002 and still could not stop Ricky williams for the most part.

A test for the bax exam cannot change questions when it sees you might have the answers.

dlockz
07-31-2009, 04:06 PM
How does that even have a point of comparison? The boxing to Bellicheat is much more related.

The boxing means he used a foreign object to win. In football you still have to go and outplay the other team and taping a practice is not going to insure that you win.

Chubby
07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Its not the same because football is not that cut and dry. Did he have the exact script of the plays that would be run? If that was true all a team would need is another's playbook and they would always win. Football is about execution. Teams knew exactly what we were going to do in 2002 and still could not stop Ricky williams for the most part.

A test for the bax exam cannot change questions when it sees you might have the answers.

It's funny you mentioned it, you said
team would need is another's playbook and they would always win do you find it a cooincidence they were 16-0 or whatever they ended up at? Wouldnt have done it without cheating.
Chubbs

DolfanDuBbZ~
07-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Does anybody else see a comment from dlockz and immediately skip it without reading it? I recommend it. Unless you want to hear how great the Pats are, How terrible Ronnie B is, or that Randy Starks Deserves 5 years in prison for having too many people in his car.

Why don't you add something to the debate other than giving a opinion on another poster? Maybe DLockz would debate you under a table?
Just because some here aren't in love w/ everything this franchise does, doesn't make a person less of a fan.

Chubby
07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Why don't you add something to the debate other than giving a opinion on another poster? Maybe DLockz would debate you under a table?
Just because some here aren't in love w/ everything this franchise does, doesn't make a person less of a fan.

Wait, didnt you just do the same thing your blaming him for? lol :)
Chubbs

RealDriscoll
07-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Jeff Darlington has a "reliable source" who siad he is indeed working out for the Patriots

RealDriscoll
07-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Remeber the Patriots were rumored to have interest in Pat White. They have a formation of their own up their sleeves and Vick is a talented guy.

DolfanDuBbZ~
07-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Wait, didnt you just do the same thing your blaming him for? lol :)
Chubbs

Well I was responding to the only post that went after a poster and not a debatable point. Most if NOT all of my posts can be aimed or targeted to debating. Hence the red for rep.
But I guess its not that apparent for you.
BTW, the Pats did win SB's with a patchwork D and some holes on O, certain years. The Pats win, period. Do I want MIA to dethrone and be that franchise...your damn right. Any others who don't, don't know what a championship franchise is.

JT-forpresident
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
if vick becomes a patriot my nfl season will be painful to watch

dlockz
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
It's funny you mentioned it, you said do you find it a cooincidence they were 16-0 or whatever they ended up at? Wouldnt have done it without cheating.
Chubbs

I dont know what they would have done. Hell I have never seen a team go 11-5 with a startin qb that had not started since high school.

tay0365
07-31-2009, 04:27 PM

If Miami had won a Superbowl year 1, then you might be right, but they didn't, so NO.....Miami gave a 1st round pick, all the Pats did was lose their 1st round pick.

NCFINFAN13
07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Bring it on.

DolfanDuBbZ~
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
I dont know what they would have done. Hell I have never seen a team go 11-5 with a startin qb that had not started since high school.

Last year was a misnomer. Even MIA had success with a guy named S. Mitchell. But that offensive structure in NE, with the talents of Moss and Welker, I can see how it might be easy for a NFL caliber qb to pick up and succeed.
How hard is it to throw a crossing pattern to a guy who seems to be ALWAYS open? Or throwing it up to a guy who can literally out jump 3/4's of the S/CB's in the league?
On a side note, being here around the KC area. I think KC might be in trouble w/ that Cassell signing. To many similiarties to S. Mitchell imo.

dolpns13
07-31-2009, 04:32 PM

Who cares... why doesn everyone always freak out about other has been players going to teams in the division.. Like TO for, he isnt going to help Toronto and Vick isnt going to help NE.. He hasnt touched a football in 2 years and wasnt a good QB when he played.. Let him go to NE.. Im not worried about it. Not to mention do you think he would even get playng time behind a recovered tom brady?

MDFINFAN
07-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Bring it on.

They might just do that;

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick won't rule out the chance that the team will sign quarterback Michael Vick.
But he won't rule it in, either, at least not publicly.

Asked again about Vick on Friday, Belichick repeated his Thursday comment. He said he's concerned about the players the Patriots have in camp, not ones they might acquire.

But Belichick also said any player who isn't in camp has the potential to be in camp at some point.
Belichick evasive again on possible Vick signing (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2009/07/31/belichick_evasive_again_on_possible_vick_signing/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Patriots+news)

BB wants Vick to practice against and run his version of the wildcat..by having vick, he gets a sense of the speed Miami runs their cat at.. and also have a counter.. this is smart of BB..

DolfanDuBbZ~
07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Who cares... why doesn everyone always freak out about other has been players going to teams in the division.. Like TO for, he isnt going to help Toronto and Vick isnt going to help NE.. He hasnt touched a football in 2 years and wasnt a good QB when he played.. Let him go to NE.. Im not worried about it. Not to mention do you think he would even get playng time behind a recovered tom brady?

If Vick were to sign w/ NE, who would have a bigger impact for their team? Vick or White?

dolpns13
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Jeff Darlington has a "reliable source" who siad he is indeed working out for the Patriots

Lol.. Thanks Darlington... I have a "reliable source" that says he is not working out for the Partiots.. Also, my "reliable source" tells me that if it is chance that he is working out for the Patriots, the Patriots may or may not sign him. If they do sign him, my "reliable source" tells me, he may or may not play, if they do not sign him, my "reliable source" tells me there are 30 other teams that may or may not work him out.. and so on :up:

dlockz
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Last year was a misnomer. Even MIA had success with a guy named S. Mitchell. But that offensive structure in NE, with the talents of Moss and Welker, I can see how it might be easy for a NFL caliber qb to pick up and succeed.
How hard is it to throw a crossing pattern to a guy who seems to be ALWAYS open? Or throwing it up to a guy who can literally out jump 3/4's of the S/CB's in the league?
On a side note, being here around the KC area. I think KC might be in trouble w/ that Cassell signing. To many similiarties to S. Mitchell imo.

I think some qb's just are not good fits. If Mitchell had stayed in Miami and was able to take over for Marino(would not have happend because Marino was going to be here a while) he may have done very well. Mitchell was a solid prospect and was not as awful in Detroit as some people say.

IN 1995 he was downright awesome passing for over 4000 yards with 32 tds and 12 int.

CANDolphan
07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
It's funny you mentioned it, you said do you find it a cooincidence they were 16-0 or whatever they ended up at? Wouldnt have done it without cheating.
Chubbs

Please stop this type of ignorance. The Patriots were caught cheating game 1 of that season. Everyone watched them under a microscope and they did not cheat in a single game afterward and almost went undefeated that season.

Stuff like what you're saying gives Miami fans a bad name and I can't stand it, regardless of who you cheer for. Please check your facts and then post.

dolpns13
07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
If Vick were to sign w/ NE, who would have a bigger impact for their team? Vick or White?

I would have to say white, simply for the fact that a healthy Brady isnt coming off the field for a Vick who hasnt touched a football in 2 years

Tailgater
07-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald sent PFT a whopper.

Darlington cites a "very reliable NFL source" that Vick was on the field in Foxborough at 3:30 PM working out for the Patriots

FrankieG
07-31-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't really care if they get Vick...I'd rather him have the ball for them than Brady having it to be honest.

dlockz
07-31-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't really care if they get Vick...I'd rather him have the ball for them than Brady having it to be honest.

Im sure most teams feel the same about Pat White over a good qb in Pennington

FrankieG
07-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Im sure most teams feel the same about Pat White over a good qb in Pennington

One of the reasons I don't like the Pat White pick. :P

MadDog 88
07-31-2009, 05:48 PM
:loco: >48 hours

DolfanDuBbZ~
07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
I would have to say white, simply for the fact that a healthy Brady isnt coming off the field for a Vick who hasnt touched a football in 2 years

And White who hasn't played a PRO game in his life, is better able to succeed? This is where these forums go off base. Put Vick in a Wildcat formation and give him the limited options and reads for those plays...he is better suited to adapt and play the PRO game he once played, not a rookie who has never played in a REG season professional game.
I personally think Vick ends up in NE. They have a history of taking players like Moss and Dillion and succeeding with them. A qualifier on my prediction is that Vick plays in the UFL for its 6 games or w/e and comes back midseason and is signed then.
As for brady coming off the field, why wouldn't he be lined up like Penny would be in the same formation? With Moss or Welker lined up outside and Taylor coming in motion...Vick would be a dangerous/lethal addition to that offense.

finfanfromcsu
07-31-2009, 06:05 PM
can't read the whole article because I am not an ESPN insider but the headline states that Vick is in Baltimore or DC.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

X-Pacolypse
07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
I really don't care. I don't. Anybody that thinks Vick is going to have some kind of amazing/magical impact on a team is crazy.

NCFINFAN13
07-31-2009, 08:18 PM
They might just do that;

Belichick evasive again on possible Vick signing (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2009/07/31/belichick_evasive_again_on_possible_vick_signing/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Patriots+news)

BB wants Vick to practice against and run his version of the wildcat..by having vick, he gets a sense of the speed Miami runs their cat at.. and also have a counter.. this is smart of BB..

Good. To be the best you have to beat the best. I'm up for the challenge and I bet Sparano is too.

The harder the Pats are to beat, the better team it makes us against the rest of the field.

dlockz
08-01-2009, 01:42 AM
I really don't care. I don't. Anybody that thinks Vick is going to have some kind of amazing/magical impact on a team is crazy.

I totally agree but some of the same people that say what u just said think Pat White will have an amazing affect as a a rookie . Both could be right but neither is likley

Possum
08-01-2009, 02:10 AM
one thing i will look forward to is the irony/hilarity when vick's team (if he gets on one) goes to play the browns in cleveland.

"WELCOME TO THE DOG POUND MICHAEL!"

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/08/dawg_pound_wants_michael_vick_3-1.jpg