PDA

View Full Version : I hate injuries....but the falcons suffered a blow to offense.

victacious
08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=atl) receiver Harry Douglas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11318) is out for the season after suffering a knee injury.:( He was running with the first team. I hope we can be at full strength Week 1!

Slim
08-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Didn't i hear that Roddy White hasn't showed up to TC?

greasyObnoxious
08-06-2009, 10:27 AM

yeah, he has been holding out. their GM said they took a step backwards in negotiations yesterday, so it may take a while for White to be there.

MDFinFan06
08-06-2009, 10:28 AM
never heard of him. but injuries always suck. theyre lucky its harry douglas though and not roddie white gonzo turner or ryan. i think as far as injuries go it could have been a far bigger blow, but yea im glad its not us.

Mr772
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM

wow... I guess he just got some leverage since they lost a WR that was running with the starters.

greasyObnoxious
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
never heard of him. but injuries always suck. theyre lucky its harry douglas though and not roddie white gonzo turner or ryan. i think as far as injuries go it could have been a far bigger blow, but yea im glad its not us.

do you think Bess wouldn't be a big loss for us? he's basically their Bess, only that Douglas is pretty damn fast on top of that.

emeraldfin
08-06-2009, 10:36 AM
That is a blow for the Falcons and with White still missing from camp, they could in trouble in the receiving department.

NYinBostonFin
08-06-2009, 11:50 AM
do you think Bess wouldn't be a big loss for us? he's basically their Bess, only that Douglas is pretty damn fast on top of that.

Bess is a bit more important for our offense than Douglas is for theirs. Even with White holding out.

Ricky_Fan34
08-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Even if their fully healthy, I think we beat them.

greasyObnoxious
08-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Bess is a bit more important for our offense than Douglas is for theirs. Even with White holding out.

hard to tell. Bess is our slot WR, Douglas is theirs. he's their rop return man, too. we'll find out how much they'll miss him.

greasyObnoxious
08-07-2009, 01:27 AM
i just now read that S William Moore had some "procedure" done on his knee and will miss anything bewteen 1 and 4 weeks.