PDA

View Full Version : Crabtree to re-enter draft in 2010??

oasis
08-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Whoa, if true, this makes Al Davis look like a genius.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/06/source-parker-tells-niners-that-crabtree-will-re-enter-draft/

arsenal
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
what a prick... i hope he does sit out, and get redrafted and get picked at the end of the first round because teams are scared to deal with him and he loses millions of dollars...

TheJetsBlow
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
This would be an INCREDIBLY stupid move ny Crabtree and his agent if it comes to pass... INCREDIBLY stupid.

dreday
08-06-2009, 04:54 PM
A ploy for more money.No way this happens...

Clipse
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Very stupid on Crabtrees part. He will not get picked top 10 again, hell, not even sure he gets picked in the 1st round at all, thus costing him millions. Pretty pathetic to be that greedy, a rookie salary cap is much needed..

PhinPhan910
08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
wow.. im glad none of our draft picks are doing it, just a stupid move on crabtree's part.

GoonBoss
08-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Well, on the one hand, if the 9ers are not offering a fair contract within the slotting system, he's rgiht. Why take a bath on an unfair contract? OTOH, if he's offered a contract that is fair within the brackets of his slot, then, he's dumb.

Ricky_Fan34
08-06-2009, 10:53 PM
He's pissy because they want to pay him about what Heyward-bey is getting, even though he clearly the better reciever. I'd say to hell with it, I'm making millions anyways...

Ricky4Life
08-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Well, on the one hand, if the 9ers are not offering a fair contract within the slotting system, he's rgiht. Why take a bath on an unfair contract? OTOH, if he's offered a contract that is fair within the brackets of his slot, then, he's dumb.

Agreed :hi5:

JCane
08-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Ha. Yeah right. This guy isn't sitting out. Expect a contract agreement very soon.

Ricky_Fan34
08-07-2009, 12:34 AM
The 49ers aren't stupid enough to allow him to just slip through their fingers. It's amazing that athletes ***** about the millions of dollars they're getting payed to PLAY a GAME.

BARF
08-07-2009, 12:37 AM
omg matt millen is talking on nfl live and having insight on the matter what does he know

emeraldfin
08-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Wont happen, his agent cant possibly be that stupid.

arsenal
08-07-2009, 08:26 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-michaelcrabtree080609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

it appears he wants to get paid more than Heyward-Bey because he feels he "should" have been picked ahead of him... whats scary is his "advisor" appears to be his cousin... who knows what kind of actual experience with NFL contracts he has, im guessing zero...

Boone
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I HATE players like this.....I wish him nothing but failure!

Roman529
08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Let me ask all of you a what-if question. Let's say that this drags out and Crabtree won't budge on his wanting 3rd overall pick money....would you guys be willing to give up the Phin's first pick next year to San Fran for the rights to Crabtree? I know I would do it in a heartbeat. I watched a lot of Texas Tech games and Crabtree is going to be a great receiver. He would add a lot to Miami's passing game. I think he is holding out because he has a cousin acting as his agent. If this drags on we should see if we could acquire his rights. :up:

What say you???

iDolFan
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Let me ask all of you a what-if question. Let's say that this drags out and Crabtree won't budge on his wanting 3rd overall pick money....would you guys be willing to give up the Phin's first pick next year to San Fran for the rights to Crabtree? I know I would do it in a heartbeat. I watched a lot of Texas Tech games and Crabtree is going to be a great receiver. He would add a lot to Miami's passing game. I think he is holding out because he has a cousin acting as his agent. If this drags on we should see if we could acquire his rights. :up:

What say you???

Heck yes, I'd do it! But I think we're a little biased huh Roman? Since we went to tech/lived in Lubbock, lol

burger13
08-07-2009, 04:13 PM

What say you???

No, because then we'd have to try and sign the #10 pick who somehow thinks he is due #3 overall money.

BTW - the cousin is just an advisor, he is represented by Eugene Parker, a long-time NFL agent who has represented many top-10 picks.

Roman529
08-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Heck yes, I'd do it! But I think we're a little biased huh Roman? Since we went to tech/lived in Lubbock, lol

I was only a TA at Texas Tech for six months but I had a really good time there. :woot:Texas has some incredible women. I just remember watching Crabtree's highlight reel and seeing the catches he made and the moves he made after he caught the ball. He would be our #1 receiver just like that.

Also in the post mentioning how he would want #3 money.....well I want Megan Fox and Jessica Alba....doesn't mean I am going to get it. I would give him #10 money with the chance to earn #3 money in bonuses if he makes a certain number of catches/TD's/the Pro Bowl, etc.

satz
08-07-2009, 10:02 PM
If the trade occurs he will claim as he is the first pick in 2010 draft pick as he was traded for 1 he needs #1 pick money,

BARF
08-07-2009, 11:16 PM
picture this he goes into the draft and we get the first pick next year...