PDA

View Full Version : Teacher makes teen smoke 42 cigarettes

BAMAPHIN 22
08-06-2009, 05:18 PM
A Malaysian teacher forced a student to smoke 42 cigarettes for four hours as punishment after a cigarette and lighter were found in his locker, a news report said Thursday.

A school official confirmed that the English teacher subjected the student to the unusual punishment, but said the teenager was made to smoke fewer than 42 cigarettes. He declined to elaborate.

He said the teacher was upset when she found a model student, 16-year-old Mohamad Alif Arifin, had a cigarette and lighter in his locker in the school in the northern island of Langkawi.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32314117/ns/world_news-weird_news/

FinFrenzy
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
That's one cigarette just over every 5 minutes geesh....

Arsenal WV
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I bet he was coughing when he arrived home.

GoonBoss
08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
A Malaysian teacher forced a student to smoke 42 cigarettes for four hours as punishment

Woof. Someone is epic fail at journalism school. That states that the teen was forced to smoke 42 ciggarettes at the same time for four hours.

Also, if you are going to use numbers as quantification, use them all the way through....Don't mix them up be spelling the quantification out on some.

Jounalists were a great deal smarter before spell check.

SpurzN703
08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I feel bad for the douchebag's lungs

SpaceMountain16
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't know if it's the teachers place to do so, but i've always heard it's a great way to stop your kids from smoking. My Grandfather caught my Mom smoking when she was 14 or so and made her smoke a massive cigar until was all gone. Needless to say she never smoked again. Effective punishment.

GoonBoss
08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't know if it's the teachers place to do so, but i've always heard it's a great way to stop your kids from smoking. My Grandfather caught my Mom smoking when she was 14 or so and made her smoke a massive cigar until was all gone. Needless to say she never smoked again. Effective punishment.

I do not trust most teachers. I do not trust the school system at all to discipline my children. You lay a hand on my kid, unless he is in the process of killing someone or about to destroy school property, and we've got problems.

If I find out my kids have been anything less than model citizens at school, they have the full on force of pappa Goon to deal with, and that ain't no joke. My boys have turned out to be fine young men, and never get in any trouble, and that's for a reason.

The punishment it'self is old school, and I think there is a certain merit to it. It's not the teacher's place, though.

Bumpus
08-07-2009, 02:05 AM
*facepalm*

Did I really just read that?

Sigh ... Anyone else in a profession that is routinely embarrassed by morons?

Bumpus
08-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Wow!
I just read the rest of the article. Malaysia is a weird place.

dominizzo
08-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Wow!
I just read the rest of the article. Malaysia is a weird place.

change that ugly avatar

Bumpus
08-08-2009, 04:34 AM
:lol2:

Nice to see ya again, Dom. Sid says hi.

emeraldfin
08-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Horrible thing is, I have seen people smoke 40 cigs in that time before, out of their own free will.

GoonBoss
08-08-2009, 08:39 PM
*facepalm*

Did I really just read that?

Sigh ... Anyone else in a profession that is routinely embarrassed by morons?

Well, in your professions defense...This was in Malaysia