PDA

View Full Version : Big East gets the shaft.

Bumpus
08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
The pre-season coaches poll includes exactly ZERO teams from the Big East in the top 25.

This **** is really starting to piss me off!

JCane
08-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Who should be?

LtDan
08-07-2009, 07:06 PM
they aren't deserving

HurriPhin
08-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Eh, don't fret. Pre-season college polls are even more meaningless than pre-season NFL power rankings. It's all just a worthless opinion until the teams play.

Bumpus
08-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Big difference between NCAA and NFL ... If you start out unranked in college, you're basically out of it before it starts.

Bumpus
08-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Without a playoff system, college football hands over control of it's championship to these same opinions. These people hate to admit that they might be wrong, so if it comes down to it ... They shaft the teams that they didn't rank higher initially - because it's based on opinion.

That's why I'm pissed. Does everyone in the friggin SEC deserve to be ranked for Christ's sake? Hedge your bets much?

HurriPhin
08-08-2009, 03:15 AM
Actually Bumpus, your dead right.

Up until 10-20 years ago the poll system worked for the NCAA because it didn't seem as though the talent was as wide spread and there was a larger gap between teams. Now days I can't f^(k!n believe that a team can go undefeated and not at least get a shot at the BS Championship game. Considering that Florida lost @ home to an unranked 2-2 Rebel team and they still got the egde is just a shame. Its no secret that the BS bowl system is all about the almighty $$$. Without a playoff system there will never be justice.

MoFinz
08-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Who from the Big East should be there? Still waiting.....and not discounting you either, but please, tell me who on the list you would replace with a BE team and why?

HurriPhin
08-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Cincinnati (11-3) is an obvious choice. Pitt (9-4) is another solid team who is picked to win the Big East. Replace them with Notre Dame (7-6) who is only on the list because they are viewed as having an easy schedule this year & Weis needs to be in the top 25 to keep his job. Lame. Georgia at #13 is a joke without Stafford and Moreno they are not a top 25 team.

ChambersWI
08-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Cincy should be ranked since they didn't lose much. Pitt lost Their top 2 RBs, Scott McKillop, and WR Derrick Hinder. Maybe a bit more, but that's why they are unranked (though they have some really good young players). I don't know much about the WV team this year, but coming off a 4 loss year and losing Pat White is why they are unranked.

ND should not be ranked.

Namor
08-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Big difference between NCAA and NFL ... If you start out unranked in college, you're basically out of it before it starts.

Not always true...Last year Bama started off unranked and held the
#1 spot untill the SEC championship game.

JCane
08-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Not always true...Last year Bama started off unranked and held the
#1 spot untill the SEC championship game.

Touche!

Don't forget about Cinderella South Florida a few years back. South Carolina went to #6 a few years back as well...and then **** the bed in true USC fashion lol.

Oraclepz
10-11-2009, 01:01 AM
thats just how things go... Im a USF fan but i feel that Cincy,Pitt, Uconn and WV are all very good teams. Im also willing to bet that Cincy would beat Ohio St in a game. No respect for the Big East. Its not like we are some lower level division. West Virginia was ranked in the top 5 alot while Pat White was there. I dont know if it was Cincy or Uconn but this year in the NFL draft i read some where that they had the most players drafted into the NFL so is not like we dont have NFL talent.

USF beats any ranked team they play. Etc AUBURN who is from the SEC. SEC is not that good. I mean i know they are good but they are not THAT GOOD! Their non-conference scheduling is a joke. Thats why i cant wait till next year when USF plays Florida. Tim Tebow gone and their defense will be gone. I really hope we BLAST them right out of their stadium. We have good chance of beating them like we beat FL St. USF also plays Miami this year another big game where we need to Rep the BIG East!

Thats why anytime some one from the Big East plays a ranked opponent, i go for the Big East team.

Namor
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
thats just how things go... Im a USF fan but i feel that Cincy,Pitt, Uconn and WV are all very good teams. Im also willing to bet that Cincy would beat Ohio St in a game. No respect for the Big East. Its not like we are some lower level division. West Virginia was ranked in the top 5 alot while Pat White was there. I dont know if it was Cincy or Uconn but this year in the NFL draft i read some where that they had the most players drafted into the NFL so is not like we dont have NFL talent.

USF beats any ranked team they play. Etc AUBURN who is from the SEC. SEC is not that good. I mean i know they are good but they are not THAT GOOD! Their non-conference scheduling is a joke. Thats why i cant wait till next year when USF plays Florida. Tim Tebow gone and their defense will be gone. I really hope we BLAST them right out of their stadium. We have good chance of beating them like we beat FL St. USF also plays Miami this year another big game where we need to Rep the BIG East!

Thats why anytime some one from the Big East plays a ranked opponent, i go for the Big East team.

Yea..beat them when thier down..that will show the world how good you
are.
As a Bama fan,Florida is on our schedule next year,but I want to beat them this year,in the SECCG,with Tebow and their defense,that will remove all doubt.

BobDole
10-11-2009, 06:18 PM

USF has no chance against the gators. zero. brantley is gonna be a great QB and our back ups on D are better than 90% of other teams starters. i'll wager whatever you want on that game and give you at least 17 points.

Bumpus
10-12-2009, 11:57 AM
USF has no chance against the gators. zero. brantley is gonna be a great QB and our back ups on D are better than 90% of other teams starters. i'll wager whatever you want on that game and give you at least 17 points.

:lol:
A 17 point spread for a game next year ... now that's ballsy, my friend! :up:

Oraclepz
10-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Yea..beat them when thier down..that will show the world how good you
are.
As a Bama fan,Florida is on our schedule next year,but I want to beat them this year,in the SECCG,with Tebow and their defense,that will remove all doubt.

Well maybe if they schedule us to play them instead of Dodging Most of the Florida schools Etc. Miami and USF. I wouldnt mind playing them any year... but unfortunately they are content with every 5 years because they don't want change their cupcake non-conference schedule every year.

Ps dont give me that bohoo kicking teams while their down crap. Injuries happen etc Grothe for us and if Florida St. would of beat us do you think they would of said we only won cause Grothe was Injured. No. So kill that noise. Not to mention before Saban got there you guys were scrubs for a couple of years!

Oraclepz
10-14-2009, 07:18 PM

lol same thing Florida St. said last year... maybe your right except for D-line i dont think we are better than you in any position this year. Heres what i like about USF, We rarely lose to Ranked Teams. We will see how good we really are this week we play #8 Cincy very good and talented team. End of the year we end it with Miami (who btw i give huge props to for scheduling a "Powerhouse" type schedule). Thats a real bad *** team!

kpcane
10-14-2009, 08:01 PM
lol same thing Florida St. said last year... maybe your right except for D-line i dont think we are better than you in any position this year. Heres what i like about USF, We rarely lose to Ranked Teams. We will see how good we really are this week we play #8 Cincy very good and talented team. End of the year we end it with Miami (who btw i give huge props to for scheduling a "Powerhouse" type schedule). Thats a real bad A$$ team!

Phinswin,

Miami will go to Tampa and wipe the floor with you guys this year. However, I'm hoping that this becomes a good rivalry, because Florida is too much of a ***** school to schedule us each year, and I'd like an OOC, in-state rivalry. You guys proved your worth against FSU, hopefully it will be an exciting game Thanksgiving weekend, and hopefully I can make it out the game.

Oraclepz
10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Phinswin,

Miami will go to Tampa and wipe the floor with you guys this year. However, I'm hoping that this becomes a good rivalry, because Florida is too much of a ***** school to schedule us each year, and I'd like an OOC, in-state rivalry. You guys proved your worth against FSU, hopefully it will be an exciting game Thanksgiving weekend, and hopefully I can make it out the game.

lol i dont know about wipe the floor with us. I doubt that. But i know it will be an exciting game to watch. I give you guys props this year with your Schedule. Im also hoping it becomes a good rivalry since i believe we have a 6 year contract to play you guys every year for the next 6 years.

Then thing with Florida that pisses me off is that is that they dont schedule teams like us but they want to play Charleston Southern, Troy???? What a joke. Granted we played Charleston Southern too but were just a lowly Big East team. We are not Big and Bad Florida Gators! lol

I also know that the SEC is usually the best conference so they like to take breaks with Non-Conference games but look at their Schedule this year. Down right laughable. We all know LSU was undeserving of that #4 ranking and only got it by name. Hell as of right now we play a harder schedule.

That is why IF Miami runs the table, and thats a BIG IF, they deserve to be in the National Championship game doesn't matter what any SEC team did. Compare Schedules its not even close.

Namor
10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
lol i dont know about wipe the floor with us. I doubt that. But i know it will be an exciting game to watch. I give you guys props this year with your Schedule. Im also hoping it becomes a good rivalry since i believe we have a 6 year contract to play you guys every year for the next 6 years.

Then thing with Florida that pisses me off is that is that they dont schedule teams like us but they want to play Charleston Southern, Troy???? What a joke. Granted we played Charleston Southern too but were just a lowly Big East team. We are not Big and Bad Florida Gators! lol

I also know that the SEC is usually the best conference so they like to take breaks with Non-Conference games but look at their Schedule this year. Down right laughable. We all know LSU was undeserving of that #4 ranking and only got it by name. Hell as of right now we play a harder schedule.

That is why IF Miami runs the table, and thats a BIG IF, they deserve to be in the National Championship game doesn't matter what any SEC team did. Compare Schedules its not even close.

So,If Miami runs the table they deserve to be in over a undefeated Bama,
that put up 500 yds of offense in a win over a team that Miami lost to.
Explain that to me.

Oraclepz
10-15-2009, 01:21 AM
So,If Miami runs the table they deserve to be in over a undefeated Bama,
that put up 500 yds of offense in a win over a team that Miami lost to.
Explain that to me.

Simple as this they have the harder schedule they should get rewarded Period!

If Florida can be National Champs when Utah went undefeated last year after putting a better whipping on your teams *** than Florida did, then a one loss Miami team deserves to be in the championship game. They should be rewarded for putting up with that ridiculous schedule. Something more "Powerhouse" teams should do! Only team i have in front of Miami if they run the table also is VA Tech.

And i have no allegiance to Miami I'm a hardcore USF fan.

CedarPhin
10-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Just a reminder guys, don't circumvent the profanity filter. I've had to edit several posts for it, so this is just a reminder...I don't want to end up giving out infractions for it, but if it continues I'll have to.

Thanks.

Bumpus
11-08-2009, 12:20 PM
:lol: @ self

As to my origional post, nevermind. Plate of crow, table for one.