PDA

View Full Version : How many movies have you watched?

Blackocrates
08-08-2009, 02:00 AM
I've been ever so slowly meandering my way through two separate Leonard Maltin movie guide books and I'm checking off movies I've seen (and can vividly remember enough to rate). I've also kept track of movies over the last few years on imdb.com. I'm currently at 1,500 movies rated on imdb.com. I know there are more that I've forgotten about but I should find them as I movie through the books. I used to not rate a movie if it was horrible.

So how about you?

Tetragrammaton
08-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Netflix had me at 754, but there are so many that Netflix does not recommend me because it knows my tendencies, so it is hard to say.

And then there is the argument of what is "seen". There are a lot of movies I saw a lot of, but I would feel wrong saying I completed them.

Blackocrates
08-08-2009, 02:52 AM
If I can't recall a movie in its entirety then I don't rate it. Either way, I'm totally stomping your a**. :lol: Quantity over quality baby!

Tetragrammaton
08-08-2009, 12:16 PM
If I can't recall a movie in its entirety then I don't rate it. Either way, I'm totally stomping your a**. :lol: Quantity over quality baby!

Hey man, you are old. At the rate I am watching movies (250 a year) I will easily surpass you when my hair has fallen out.

Blackocrates
08-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey, you pulled the age card. That's a low blow.

GoonBoss
08-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I personally enjoy Roger Ebert as a critic. I bought his books yearly for about 5 years. While we've had our share of digressions, I've always watched the movies he reccommends. As to how many I've seen? I'm 41, nearly 42. I win.

BobDole
08-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Hey man, you are old. At the rate I am watching movies (250 a year) I will easily surpass you when my hair has fallen out.

if i remember correctly, you haven't seen shawshank or boondock saints - so the age card is completely irrelevant. gotta see the great american ones first. i own both of them so you are welcome to borrow them anytime.

i don't do the netflix thing - but i've seen way too many movies. i don't watch nearly as many as i used to - but it's definitely in the thousands.

Tetragrammaton
09-05-2009, 10:06 PM
It turns out that my Netflix total included dozens of television show seasons rated, as well as movies I taged as Not Interested. I am only at 662, with a month past. Will I ever hit 1000?

WeVie
09-05-2009, 10:57 PM
I would have no idea. Does it track how many you have watched and rated on that site? I will have to sign up and get started.