PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Redskins

Gman84
08-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Hi all,

Just interested how you "neutrals" view the Redskins this year.

Honestly I'm not that confident. Tough division, OL is a mess on the right side, not a Jason Campbell fan.

I do think the Skins D can be really good but the offense, bar Clinton Portis, will let them down time and time again.

Thoughts?

Clipse
08-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Living in Virginia, I do get to follow the Redskins, and I think they will have a solid year. 8-8 might be a good prediction. Alot of it will depend on Jason Campbell however. At times he looks very good, at other times, very bad. If he can become more consistent, that would be a big help. But as you said, that O-Line is a little suspect.

On the other hand, that defense could be pretty good. If Haynesworth can stay healthy, he is a force to be reckoned with.

The defense will be very solid, alot is going to ride on how Campbell performs I believe, and how the O-Line blocks for him. So If he becomes more consistent, the Redskins could surprise alot of people I feel. Definately a tough division though.

Nublar7
08-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't know how they will do. I do know as a Dolphin fan, I am rooting AGAINST them this year. The worse the Redskins finish, the higher the Dolphins draft pick in the 6th round will be. Yes, it is only a 6th round pick, but I would rather it near the top then at the bottom.

Just like I am rooting against the Chiefs this year to get a higher 7th round pick.

gofins
08-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know how they will do. I do know as a Dolphin fan, I am rooting AGAINST them this year. The worse the Redskins finish, the higher the Dolphins draft pick in the 6th round will be. Yes, it is only a 6th round pick, but I would rather it near the top then at the bottom.

Just like I am rooting against the Chiefs this year to get a higher 7th round pick.
What deals are you talking about?

BARF
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
when the fins traded jt it was for a 2nd last year and a 6th in the following draft, although in the 6th it does not really matter where you pick, because the trifecta will find a steal

Gman84
08-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Thanks for reminding me how bad that trade is/was:thanks::foundout:
I think most people do appreciate the Redskins rise or fall on Jason Campbell's season. He needs to make more big plays, respond to pressure better and make more plays on 3rd down though.

emeraldfin
08-09-2009, 05:06 PM
I think being in the same division as the Eagles and Giants greatly reduces their chances of success already.

Anything but playoffs though will probably mean the end of Zorn and Campbell in DC. So,lot of pressure on the Skins to perform

3Ply Stagliano
08-09-2009, 06:04 PM
They're not a bad team but I think their division is going to be too tough for them this coming season. Stick them in the AFC or NFC West and they're in with a good shot of winning their division. Being in the East is nobody's friend right now.

Nublar7
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
What deals are you talking about?We traded JT to the Redskins for a 2nd round pick in 2009(used to take Pat White) and a 6th round pick in 2010.

We traded the 2009 7th round pick we got from Carolina for Josh McCown to Kansas City for their 2010 7th round pick.