PDA

View Full Version : Joan Rivers Roast

d-day
08-09-2009, 11:36 PM
More the same. Same old cast. Same old jokes. Except...

Gilbert Gottfried! I was literally crying, laughing so hard. Totally original set. How do you kill at a roast? Stay away from the same old, same old. Jeff Ross, Greg Giraldo... telling the same jokes since the first roast. Gilbert stole it last year too.

arsenal
08-10-2009, 08:48 AM
gilbert is one of the funniest people on the planet... didn't see this but i love the guy

PhinzN703
08-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Joan Rivers.....

I'd hit it

John Biello
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
it was on in the break room at work, saw bits and pieces of it, enjoyed it for the most part.

BobDole
08-10-2009, 02:54 PM
i watched it. like you said, gilbert was by far the best. i lost it at the 'slither into the open drainpipe' line. this roast wasn't as good as some of the previous ones, but it was definitely watchable. it's funny to see how they get dirtier and dirtier as time goes on - man was this one raunchy.

can you please explain to me why they keep inviting mario cantone to these things. is it just so the roasters have a gay guy to pick on during their sets? because he isn't even close to funny. tom arnold bombed pretty hard as well - surprise, surprise. that one brunette chick was pretty good though.

Vaark
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Robin Quivers had as much reason being there as Vernon Gholston does being in Hawaii in February.