PDA

View Full Version : Vick not signed put people already out in force...

Ricky4Life
08-10-2009, 12:29 AM
CANTON, Ohio – Michael Vick (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448/;_ylt=Ar4CdShx5psPjUvmdr7PxMvsYNAF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448/news;_ylt=Ar.tYkmYAh42DmLmAJVTwBPsYNAF) wasn’t anywhere near the latest Hall of Fame ceremony, and he hasn’t even returned to the NFL yet. However, there was a reminder of the impact he might have if and when he returns to the league.

Fliers were left on the windshields of cars in the parking lot outside the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday. The fliers read: “Help Wanted: The NFL Hires Pet Killers.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-vick080909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Astrosback
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Good! Hopefully this will deter any owners left who might be considering this piece of garbage.

And someone please tell Tony Dungy to stop vouching for Mike Vick and acting as his "mentor" and claiming that Vick has shown "remorse". :rolleyes2:

Don't be focking idiot Tony! If Vick didn't feel remorse at any point over the (at least) 7 years that he personally tortured dogs, then he is obviously incapable of remorse, and obviously has no empathetic bone in his body.

I'm sure Vick feels "remorse" that he got caught, lost his money and his NFL job, and that he is a focking moron, but that isn't the same thing, now is it Tony?

Fock Vick and his "2nd chance" at the NFL. Let me know when his dogs ever got a 2nd chance and then I'll worry about his.

Don't cry for me Argentina!

dlockz
08-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Good! Hopefully this will deter any owners left who might be considering this piece of garbage.

And someone please tell Tony Dungy to stop vouching for Mike Vick and acting as his "mentor" and claiming that Vick has shown "remorse". :rolleyes2:

Don't be focking idiot Tony! If Vick didn't feel remorse at any point over the (at least) 7 years that he personally tortured dogs, then he is obviously incapable of remorse, and obviously has no empathetic bone in his body.

I'm sure Vick feels "remorse" that he got caught, lost his money and his NFL job, and that he is a focking moron, but that isn't the same thing, now is it Tony?

Fock Vick and his "2nd chance" at the NFL. Let me know when his dogs ever got a 2nd chance and then I'll worry about his.

Don't cry for me Argentina!

Who really knows what Vick feels. Im sure getting caught has alot to do with his remorse but really do you think any dog fighter feels like what they are doing is wrong. Im pretty sure they see it as the nature of things.

Dungy has his opinion and he has a right to speak up for Vick just as many have a right to blast him.

Personally I wish the people that make these flyers would use thier time and money to help the ASPCA. The SPCA always has needs for volunteers.
I personally volunteer time in my community there when I can but still support people to get a second chance when they serve thier time unless its murdering a human.

Astrosback
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I donate to the ASPCA monthly and I volunteer from time to time at the Humane Society so we have common efforts in this area but I just can't agree with your take on Vick getting a 2nd chance at the fame and fortune of the NFL.

MAYBE I could understand if you said he should have a 2nd chance at life OUT OF THE NFL but no way does he deserve to represent franchises or the league again.

The NFL should be ashamed for not drawing the line - any line - anywhere.

Dungy apparently doesn't differentiate between getting in a bar fight, smoking weed, and/or torturing upwards of 100 animals. His compassion for scumbags is horribly hypocritical when he has ZERO compassion for animals. He even said last night how he "prays" for Mike Vick. Hey Dungy, did you ever "pray" for the dogs he tortured - you religious, brain-washed moron?!?!?

Anyway, I think we can both agree that the chick in your sig is a hottie!

Gman84
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Like it or not Vick is going to get another chance. Whether he is genuinely sorry or whether it's just remorse in order to get his job back, the league has to do an outstanding job of making sure they do everything in their power to have Vick use his known criminal record to deter others from doing the same.

At least that way his negative history can have a positive future. I still fully expect the Redskins to make a big play for Vick in the coming weeks.

Astrosback
08-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Like it or not Vick is going to get another chance. Whether he is genuinely sorry or whether it's just remorse in order to get his job back, the league has to do an outstanding job of making sure they do everything in their power to have Vick use his known criminal record to deter others from doing the same.

At least that way his negative history can have a positive future. I still fully expect the Redskins to make a big play for Vick in the coming weeks.

Call me crazy but I think it would be a bigger deterrent for kids and other players to see that if you torture animals, then you get banned from the NFL for life.

It would also be a bigger deterrent from driving drunk if players saw that if you kill someone in a DUI (Leonard Little, Stallworth), then you get banned from the NFL for life.

Please excuse me if I don't send Goddell a Christmas card for giving into the likes of Tony Dungy and other misguided "forgivers" who want to convince the world that Vick just made a "mistake".

dlockz
08-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I donate to the ASPCA monthly and I volunteer from time to time at the Humane Society so we have common efforts in this area but I just can't agree with your take on Vick getting a 2nd chance at the fame and fortune of the NFL.

MAYBE I could understand if you said he should have a 2nd chance at life OUT OF THE NFL but no way does he deserve to represent franchises or the league again.

The NFL should be ashamed for not drawing the line - any line - anywhere.

Dungy apparently doesn't differentiate between getting in a bar fight, smoking weed, and/or torturing upwards of 100 animals. His compassion for scumbags is horribly hypocritical when he has ZERO compassion for animals. He even said last night how he "prays" for Mike Vick. Hey Dungy, did you ever "pray" for the dogs he tortured - you religious, brain-washed moron?!?!?

Anyway, I think we can both agree that the chick in your sig is a hottie!

I guess I dont see the NFl as this elite society of the best people just the best football players. Also religion is not that kind to animals since in the bible animals were sacrificed. Christians do not believe dogs have a soul so it would be senseless to pray for one I guess.

dlockz
08-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Call me crazy but I think it would be a bigger deterrent for kids and other players to see that if you torture animals, then you get banned from the NFL for life.

It would also be a bigger deterrent from driving drunk if players saw that if you kill someone in a DUI (Leonard Little, Stallworth), then you get banned from the NFL for life.

Please excuse me if I don't send Goddell a Christmas card for giving into the likes of Tony Dungy and other misguided "forgivers" who want to convince the world that Vick just made a "mistake".

If you want a big deterrent for drunk driving then u lose your license for life for any dui. Giving a duier more chances to drive is still not that big a deterent.

Actually its all about getting caught. There are still many players in the league that have fought dogs that are still playing. The difference is basically pure luck.

Astrosback
08-10-2009, 04:45 PM
If you want a big deterrent for drunk driving then u lose your license for life for any dui. Giving a duier more chances to drive is still not that big a deterent.

Actually its all about getting caught. There are still many players in the league that have fought dogs that are still playing. The difference is basically pure luck.

Agree about the luck part. Stallworth/Little aren't necessarily worse than other people who drive around drunk, they're just the unlucky ones whose DUI'ing resulted in death and thus they (should have been) used as examples.

We both know/suspect Joey Porter was involved in dog fighting but he was lucky enough to not have been caught.

Of course, Vick wasn't just "unlucky" and he didn't just go to a dog fight here and there. He brought the death and suffering of dog fighting to a massive scale and is likely responsible for over 100 dogs suffering through those horrors. The SCALE of Vick's crimes is what is getting over looked here - especially when ESPN constantly breezes over his crimes as being "involved in dog fighting".

That's like saying Adolph Hitler was "involved in anti-semitism".

dlockz
08-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Agree about the luck part. Stallworth/Little aren't necessarily worse than other people who drive around drunk, they're just the unlucky ones whose DUI'ing resulted in death and thus they (should have been) used as examples.

We both know/suspect Joey Porter was involved in dog fighting but he was lucky enough to not have been caught.

Of course, Vick wasn't just "unlucky" and he didn't just go to a dog fight here and there. He brought the death and suffering of dog fighting to a massive scale and is likely responsible for over 100 dogs suffering through those horrors. The SCALE of Vick's crimes is what is getting over looked here - especially when ESPN constantly breezes over his crimes as being "involved in dog fighting".

That's like saying Adolph Hitler was "involved in anti-semitism".

I dont agree with your last statement. Because even one dog fight involves the torture of multiple dogs just to train that one dog. Its not as simple as basic training. All dog fighting is torture of the dogs. Do people think the losing dogs are rehabilitated.

With Vick it was still pure luck because not at one point were they investigating dog fighting until they lucked upon evidence under suspicion of something else. As massive as his dog fighting was supposed to be the authorites were not even on his trail at all. So it was luck that he got caught.

Astrosback
08-10-2009, 04:59 PM
I dont agree with your last statement. Because even one dog fight involves the torture of multiple dogs just to train that one dog. Its not as simple as basic training. All dog fighting is torture of the dogs. Do people think the losing dogs are rehabilitated.

With Vick it was still pure luck because not at one point were they investigating dog fighting until they lucked upon evidence under suspicion of something else. As massive as his dog fighting was supposed to be the authorites were not even on his trail at all. So it was luck that he got caught.

He's a focking retard so he was bound to get caught eventually.

dlockz
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
He's a focking retard so he was bound to get caught eventually.

Well thats your take. I doubt he would have got caught for dog fighting. How many other players have been caught.

Fin_Fanatic
08-10-2009, 06:40 PM
*yawn* the skins or the seahawks should sign him. He still has speed and some talent.

normaldude
08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think dog fighting is a big deal.

I mean, anyone eating meat at a fancy restaurant is basically torturing animals to death for their own entertainment.

Compare the Michael Vick case to NFL wide receiver Donte Stallworth, who was driving drunk in his Rolls Royce, and killed a human being, and he only gets 24 days in prison.

Sorry, but I think the lives of humans are more important than the lives of dogs.

dlockz
08-10-2009, 08:12 PM

I mean, anyone eating meat at a fancy restaurant is basically torturing animals to death for their own entertainment.

Compare the Michael Vick case to NFL wide receiver Donte Stallworth, who was driving drunk in his Rolls Royce, and killed a human being, and he only gets 24 days in prison.

Sorry, but I think the lives of humans are more important than the lives of dogs.

Dog fighting is a big deal I just dont believe after serving his time he should no be allowed to play a damn sport in a league that is far from the best of society

Astrosback
08-11-2009, 11:05 AM

These issues are exclusive of each other! Whether or not our justice system handles DUI manslaughter cases correctly does not lessen the suffering those dogs endured at the hands of Michael Vick.

Why is that concept so hard for you to grasp?

You need to look at what you wrote in that last post and really question yourself. Nobody is saying that a dog's life is more valuable than a human's life. We're just saying that Vick needlessly tortured upwards of 100 dogs (and obviously not for eating purposes) and those crimes are worthy of a lifetime ban from the NFL.

If you think Stallworth's crime is also worthy of a lifetime ban from the NFL, well, I agree.

But don't be an arsehole and make a statement like "I don't think dog fighting is a big deal".

Astrosback
08-11-2009, 11:09 AM

P.S. Not all human's lives should be considered more valuable than a dog's life. Case in point; Michael Vick - his life shouldn't be worth spit. He is a piece of garbage and makes this world a worse place just by being alive. The world would be better off without him here and thus his life is not worth anything.

dlockz
08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
P.S. Not all human's lives should be considered more valuable than a dog's life. Case in point; Michael Vick - his life shouldn't be worth spit. He is a piece of garbage and makes this world a worse place just by being alive. The world would be better off without him here and thus his life is not worth anything.

So anyone anywhere that has ever been a dogfighter should just be put to death. What about **** fighters or people that engage in bull fighting. What about people that hunt for the sport of it. What about people that use animals for testing? What about people that raise calves for veal. What about people that have ate veal in the past.

I know these are all differant but its all about your personal feelings. Everyone does not see dogs the same way. Not everyone grew up in an environment that regarded dogs as the wonderful thing they can be. if you agree that all dogfighters should be locked away from society then fine I respect your viewpoint but to some people even in america this is a very normal activity and not make all these people intrinsically the monsters we make them out to be. Does not make what they did right either. I lived where Vick is from and it was one of the major hotbeds of dogfighting so its not like he woke up one morning and said you know dogfighting thats a great idea. Most people that fight dogs have been desensitized to it since they were kids.

My neighborhood was a hotbed of drug dealing when I grew up. A very low percentage of this area did not at one point sell drugs(myself included) but I could never have this myopic view that only the worst of society engaged in this activity. Its easy to paint Vick as some guy that decided one day I want to torture dogs and fight them but I would guarantee that from a young age he was introduced to this thus quite desensitizing him to the actual act. I used to work with a guy that sold fighting dogs and most people found him a pretty decent guy although I doubt they knew his background. I found hearing about selling fighting dogs in the past quite disgusting but I found him far from a monster. Its easy to look at this like he was just some sick individual that was heavilly engaged in dogfighting but Im sure the story is and was not that simple. This is far from the norm of everyday society but im pretty sure this was not far from the norm of what Vick grew up around.

aquaman54
08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
If I woke in the morning to the news of Mike Vick's passing(no matter the cause).....I believe I'd be celebrating.And that goes for ANYONE who is involved in the activities that Vick participated in.What he was doing was no "mistake".He knew full well what he was sacrificing and putting on the line if he was caught.And that's why it's total BS that Goodell sucked up to him.The NFL missed it's chance to use him as the example of a lifetime ban for such activities.Yes....Stallworth too.The NFL and the so-called Commish Goodell have no sack.Robberies,rapes,molesters,murderers,DUI's,and hobbies like Vicks,should all apply.And it'll never happen.I was hoping the NFL would do itself proud,to show that playing in this league is definitely a privilege.A self proclaimed "Not For Losers" league................WISHFUL THINKING!!! A freakin ton of guys are busting their butts to make the BIGTIME,and doing it the right way.While the thugs reap the rewards.

aquaman54
08-11-2009, 09:03 PM
.......maybe "celebrating" is a little harsh,but I wouldn't lose any sleep over him.

GoonBoss
08-11-2009, 09:40 PM

That's not true. Especially if it's free range meat, which are animals raised in humane, non caged environments and finally killed humanely for consumption. Consumption of meat is nourishment. Vicks use of these dogs was for his pleasure, was was putting them to death in some of the most brutal, torturous ways possible, made to inflict terror and pain to the aminal for the sole reason that they were not able to win a fight that they were forced to enter.

I don't know how people are not able, still, to understand the Stallworth case. The case was dropped by prosecuters, because of the Florida state statutes goveringing his crimes. They would have had to prove the alcohol was exculsivly responsible for the accident. They did not feel they could prove it, so they agreed to a plea deal. Vick, on the other hand, they were able to prove the charges against, and Vick was also found guilty of federal crimes which also carry a stiffer sentance..Plus, it's a Federal prosecutor.

Your support of animals dieing absolutely horrific deaths for no other reason than your entertainment says a great deal about you.

dlockz
08-11-2009, 11:27 PM
If I woke in the morning to the news of Mike Vick's passing(no matter the cause).....I believe I'd be celebrating.And that goes for ANYONE who is involved in the activities that Vick participated in.What he was doing was no "mistake".He knew full well what he was sacrificing and putting on the line if he was caught.And that's why it's total BS that Goodell sucked up to him.The NFL missed it's chance to use him as the example of a lifetime ban for such activities.Yes....Stallworth too.The NFL and the so-called Commish Goodell have no sack.Robberies,rapes,molesters,murderers,DUI's,and hobbies like Vicks,should all apply.And it'll never happen.I was hoping the NFL would do itself proud,to show that playing in this league is definitely a privilege.A self proclaimed "Not For Losers" league................WISHFUL THINKING!!! A freakin ton of guys are busting their butts to make the BIGTIME,and doing it the right way.While the thugs reap the rewards.

To compare dogfighting with rape, murder and such of humans will never fly with me.

aquaman54
08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Funny how so many refer to what he did as only dogfighting.I guess the way he treated and repaid mans best friend for losing their fights means nothing..........UNBELIEVABLE!!! I truly cannot wait 'til the "BIG GUY" comes down and takes care of business.

dlockz
08-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Funny how so many refer to what he did as only dogfighting.I guess the way he treated and repaid mans best friend for losing their fights means nothing..........UNBELIEVABLE!!! I truly cannot wait 'til the "BIG GUY" comes down and takes care of business.

What big guy lol. The same guy that killed all the eqyptian firstborn.

aquaman54
08-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Whatever......Easy to see we're on opposite sides of the fence.The ever popular agree to disagree........Maybe,at the very least,we can both hope the 'Fins will do well in '09.

dlockz
08-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Whatever......Easy to see we're on opposite sides of the fence.The ever popular agree to disagree........Maybe,at the very least,we can both hope the 'Fins will do well in '09.

I always want that. Hey I hate what Vick did but I dont think he is some psycho that is a danger to society. The man lost more than any dogfighter in history and served time. At least he got punished unlike the rest of the dogfighters in the NFL.

JCane
08-12-2009, 12:39 AM
LMAO at the protesters leaving fliers on windshields in an attempt to further tarnish the reputation of that gutterball, Mike Vick. Seriously, how much of an impact did these protesters have by pulling this stunt?

NONE

When was the last time you stopped on the streets near a group of protesters, took a handout, read it, and then decisively changed your opinion on the subject and became emotional vested in their topic? Probably never. These guys have little to no influence on people's opinions. And these particular protesters and nutjobs as it is. They don't shave and they smell like a hamster cage. Give me an effing break here.

Vick will probably be signed by a team this week after he appears on 60 Minutes and comes across as genuinely contrite and shows remorse for his hideous actions. People say they care but they don't. Fans can bash him all they want but the minute he signs with a team and rips off a 30 yard scamper early in the game they'll love the guy becuase he's "their guy."

Terrell Owens disgraced the face of the Dallas Cowboys franchise by spiking the star after a score. Dallas hated Owens. Then he becomes a Cowboy and the fans love him and attack Ed Werder by calling him a liar for reporting TRUTH about the friction inside the Cowboy's locker room.

dlockz
08-12-2009, 01:18 AM
LMAO at the protesters leaving fliers on windshields in an attempt to further tarnish the reputation of that gutterball, Mike Vick. Seriously, how much of an impact did these protesters have by pulling this stunt?

NONE

When was the last time you stopped on the streets near a group of protesters, took a handout, read it, and then decisively changed your opinion on the subject and became emotional vested in their topic? Probably never. These guys have little to no influence on people's opinions. And these particular protesters and nutjobs as it is. They don't shave and they smell like a hamster cage. Give me an effing break here.

Vick will probably be signed by a team this week after he appears on 60 Minutes and comes across as genuinely contrite and shows remorse for his hideous actions. People say they care but they don't. Fans can bash him all they want but the minute he signs with a team and rips off a 30 yard scamper early in the game they'll love the guy becuase he's "their guy."

Terrell Owens disgraced the face of the Dallas Cowboys franchise by spiking the star after a score. Dallas hated Owens. Then he becomes a Cowboy and the fans love him and attack Ed Werder by calling him a liar for reporting TRUTH about the friction inside the Cowboy's locker room.

Personallu I think people just love to protest even though they could have used thier time and money to do something to really help animals,

Dogbone34
08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Dogs are a blessing in our world. I hate thinking about my 11 year old lab moving on. The cultural argument rings hollow with me. We're all exposed to the ugly side of the world as kids but only a vile sick individual would cruely destroy an innocent dog. Mike did his time to society, but I would never reward him with an NFL contract. I hope the owners have colluded to keep his sorry *** out of the NFL. Highly doubtful, greed usually wins out with scumbags. Wasn't that the basis for dogfighting to begin with. Vuck Fick

dlockz
08-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Dogs are a blessing in our world. I hate thinking about my 11 year old lab moving on. The cultural argument rings hollow with me. We're all exposed to the ugly side of the world as kids but only a vile sick individual would cruely destroy an innocent dog. Mike did his time to society, but I would never reward him with an NFL contract. I hope the owners have colluded to keep his sorry *** out of the NFL. Highly doubtful, greed usually wins out with scumbags. Wasn't that the basis for dogfighting to begin with. Vuck Fick

I doubt greed had much to do with dogfighting. I dont agree we all grow up in the same culture as kids. Its not a coinidence that the drug infested neighborhood I grew up in had about 10 percent of its population graduate high school or the high amount of drug dealers and pregnacies.

Astrosback
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
I doubt greed had much to do with dogfighting. I dont agree we all grow up in the same culture as kids. Its not a coinidence that the drug infested neighborhood I grew up in had about 10 percent of its population graduate high school or the high amount of drug dealers and pregnacies.

Hey dlockz,

Did you hear about Vick's speech to kids in Virginia yesterday? I don't have the transcript but on the radio they were reading quotes from his speech to these campers and Vick said something to the effect of being careful not to lose your dreams b/c of "others who don't have your best interests at heart take them away from you".

That's some remorse there, huh?

He STILL is trying to blame this on his former friends when court records show multiple witnesses placing him at the scene - specifically at dog fights and at pet supply stores - over and over again over a period of years. Vick himself, when faced with having to take a lie detector, admitted to PERSONALLY killing dogs in all the manners which were described (drowning, electrocutions, hangings, etc.). Hell, even Vick's moron father said that Michael was holding dog fights in their garage all the way back in 2001 and that this was always "Michael's thing".

But poor little Mikey VICKtim just got a raw deal here I guess.

I can't believe Tony DuMBgy is vouching for this SOB. DuMBgy's endorsement is critical to Vick and the owner who signs him will do so in a big part due to this endorsement. And the whole logic of DuMBgy is that Vick is supposed to be "remorseful" - yeah, my arse he is!

ArmyFin7
08-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Vick will be in Buffalo!

GoonBoss
08-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Of course it's greed. Greed for status, money, entertainment..Whatever the case may be. Some people accomplish it by the Physical torture of living things, and, some do not.

In your neighborhood's case, it was still greed. They just chose to sell drugs to get there. I have lots less issue with drug dealers than animal torturers. A drug dealers crime (Other than personal possession) cannot, by definition take place without a human being making a choice to consume the drug. The dogs did not have that luxury.

dlockz
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Of course it's greed. Greed for status, money, entertainment..Whatever the case may be. Some people accomplish it by the Physical torture of living things, and, some do not.

In your neighborhood's case, it was still greed. They just chose to sell drugs to get there. I have lots less issue with drug dealers than animal torturers. A drug dealers crime (Other than personal possession) cannot, by definition take place without a human being making a choice to consume the drug. The dogs did not have that luxury.

You really over simplify things. No offense. If all you have around is drugs including many of these people's parent or family there is a great liklihood that you may be involved in such matters. You can call it greed but if your 15 and live in something that needs to be condemned you might be tempted to do something about it.

As for Vick its not that deep but Im sure in that area which was pretty bad there were alot of dogfighting influences.

GoonBoss
08-14-2009, 08:31 PM
You really over simplify things. No offense. If all you have around is drugs including many of these people's parent or family there is a great liklihood that you may be involved in such matters. You can call it greed but if your 15 and live in something that needs to be condemned you might be tempted to do something about it.

As for Vick its not that deep but Im sure in that area which was pretty bad there were alot of dogfighting influences.

You call it over simplification. I call it boiling it down to it's essence. Superfulous arguments cloud many issues, includeing the Vick case. Certainly there is something to be said for something being around, and people getting involved in it.

There were lots of drugs where I grew up to. Matter of fact, my little coastal NC town had more tonnage of drugs move through both wholesale and, resale than you might think. Guess what? Though it was accepted, people still knew it was against the law. Some people continued to do it, others didn't. Some guys I know delt to anyone with money. Kids, teens, adults...Didn't care. They'd do the whole freebie giveaway to hook in elementary school kids...The whole bit.

Other drug dealers I knew had morals, even within the illegal act of drug dealing. No dealing to kids. Some wouldn't deal anything but grass. Never dust the grass, or short the sale.

If it came to pass that Vick trained his dogs to be mean by abusing them, I'd dislike him pretty much forever, but I would not be nearly as emphatic as I am now. If the dog lost a fight, and Vick put a pistol to the dogs head and shot him dead instantly......I'd hate him forever, but not nearly as emphaticly.

I get the whole useage of dogs as an argument. Dogs are used in some of the harshest conditions on earth to pull sleads, for instance. Guess what though? When those dogs are killed, it's done humanely. The animal outgrows his use...He's put down, but he's put down humanely, not tortured.

Vick is a scumbag.

Breed
08-15-2009, 07:38 PM

The situations between Stallworth and Vick aren’t at all alike. The actions of both players are terrible, but what Vick did was unforgivable. Before this gets taken how of context let me explain. The life Stallworth took is worth more than all the dogs lives that Vick took. Having said that, Stallworth took a life out of negligence, it was a single lapse in judgment. What Stallworth did was almost unforgivable, but it was his first offense, and I agree, he should be serving hard time. Now to Vick: Vick didn’t “just kill a dog”, he tortured and killed many dogs. Vick admitted to killing 6-8 dogs, and it’s been speculated that he’s killed over 100 dogs and tortured upwards of 6,000 dogs. It takes a very sick individual to do what Vick did for years. You can’t be in that line of work without enjoying it, because nobody with a conscience could do what Vick did for the amount of time he did it. Simply put, Vick is a sadist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadism

I get so sick of people saying “Vick deserves a second chance”. To imply that Vick deserves a second chance is to imply that Vick made a single mistake at a single point in time. What Vick did went on for years.

jdseahawks
08-15-2009, 08:08 PM
people need to lay off the guy, seriously theres nothing u can do about it so shut up an let the man live on whether hes remorseful or not hes paid his debt to society an is making his way back to the nfl, im happy to see him back an hope he has learned from his mistakes but to say he doesnt deserve a chance to redeem himself are idiots because everyone deserves that chance an i think micheal vick will be a very good player once again an light up the highlight reels

Dtronic
08-15-2009, 09:52 PM
people need to lay off the guy, seriously theres nothing u can do about it so shut up an let the man live on whether hes remorseful or not hes paid his debt to society an is making his way back to the nfl, im happy to see him back an hope he has learned from his mistakes but to say he doesnt deserve a chance to redeem himself are idiots because everyone deserves that chance an i think micheal vick will be a very good player once again an light up the highlight reels

First of all Vick sucks as a QB. Second of all he didn't pay his debt to society. He hasn't learned anything, he's too stupid. Only a matter of time before he screws up again.