PDA

View Full Version : ‘Dead’ baby wakes up for his funeral wake

BAMAPHIN 22
08-10-2009, 09:44 AM
A baby boy born 16 weeks prematurely was declared dead by doctors at a hospital in Paraguay only to wake up in time for his funeral wake hours later.

The family was given a death certificate and a cardboard box with the baby's name scribbled on the outside which served as a makeshift coffin.
But when the family took him from the hospital to prepare him for his funeral, the unbelievable happened.

"I opened the box and took the baby out and he cried. I got scared and I said "the baby's crying" ... and then he started moving his arms, his legs and I got scared, we got very scared," said one member of the family, Liliana Alvarenga.

Hours after the baby's death had been declared he was found to be alive. The hospital has begun an investigation and the baby is now in a stable condition in an incubator.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32355096/ns/world_news-americas/

SpurzN703
08-10-2009, 11:12 AM
If the hospital originally said the baby was dead, why believe them when they say he's alive?

:lol:

Arsenal WV
08-10-2009, 11:55 AM
holy ****. . .

Arsenal WV
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Okay, after reading, it wasnt as epic as it could have been

Imagine them at the funeral home and people there mourning then you hear a crying coming from the casket. I would more than likley drop a loaf in my pants.

Dolfan3773
08-10-2009, 10:57 PM
holy crap thats crazy

d-day
08-12-2009, 12:14 AM
it was one of the octomom's kids trying to pull the slip - nice try lil feller!

Ricky4Life
08-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Wow, be some crazy stuff..

The_Dark_Knight
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't know much about the quality of healthcare in Paraguay, but I gotta believe the hospital did all they could to "revive' the premature baby when it was born before declaring the infant dead, but with that being the case...

Can one say they don't believe in miracles anymore? I mean just imagine for a moment...put yourselves in the shoes of that family...carrying your "dead baby" in a cardboard box...opening the box and seeing your "dead" baby alive.

Pretty miraculous if you ask me.

dreday
08-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I wonder if they sue the hospital to try to get paid.Someone may have planned on taking the child to sell it.This type of stuff is common.It just didn't go the way they planned.

Tell the parents the child was dead upon birth, take the baby body, switch it out for a dead baby, and sell the live baby on the black market..

With that said, miracles do happen but I’m not convinced in this case. I would think there would be better procedures in place to prevent something like this from happening. I just don’t believe a thorough check of the baby was conducted. When more info comes forward I may change my opinion but as for now,someone dropped the ball.