PDA

View Full Version : bottom of the 9th / MARLINS WIN!!!

Al13
10-25-2003, 10:49 PM
come on beckett , 3 more outs

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Platinum
10-25-2003, 10:53 PM
2 Outs :eek:

Al13
10-25-2003, 10:53 PM
1 out left :eek:

Al13
10-25-2003, 10:55 PM
wow he did it by himself, he tagged him, wow the yanks are the loosers.....yeahhhhhhhh , MARLINS WIN IT

btw, is that infield gone at JOE ROBBIE :lol:

Fresh
10-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Yes sir, shut out for Josh Beckett!

Hey Brady & the 2001 Pats.. F*ck you guys!

We're the true story!

Jeep
10-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Hey Brady & the 2001 Pats.. F*ck you guys!

LOL :couch2:

rhadaddy
10-25-2003, 11:04 PM
I despise the yanks, and atleast the Infield wasn't in vain.... Congrats Marlins...............

The_Phish
10-25-2003, 11:04 PM
no offence, but who cares the stupid infield is gone!
Whoooooo, Hooooo!
Go Dolphins!

Muck
10-25-2003, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, none taken. :rolleyes:

CirclingWagons
10-25-2003, 11:10 PM
Marlins win!!!!!!!!!!!
Beckett--a 23 yeard old pitcher on 3 days rest throws a complete game shutout at Yankee Stadium to clinch the series!...that's balls i dont have...Go Fish!
woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fresh
10-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Dolphins_34

Go Dolphins!

Who? :lol:

Fresh
10-25-2003, 11:11 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

MVP!

i2panzer
10-25-2003, 11:13 PM
good at least my Red Sox have some justice!

minus
10-25-2003, 11:14 PM
2003 WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!!

No one gave them a chance but they never stop believing.

10-25-2003, 11:18 PM
thank god baseball is finally over. BTW - congrats Marlins.

Does anybody know if 2 teams that share the same stadium have ever won the World Series and the Superbowl?

mf52dolphin
10-25-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 1972
thank god baseball is finally over. BTW - congrats Marlins.

Does anybody know if 2 teams that share the same stadium have ever won the World Series and the Superbowl?

Yes the Pirates(the "We Are Family" team in the nice looking gold and black uniforms) and the Steelers in 1979.

minus
10-25-2003, 11:37 PM
"Nobody gives the Marlins credit for being good," Beckett said. "It's always about curses and billy goats. It always has to be about the other team and what they did wrong."

The_Phish
10-25-2003, 11:37 PM

Who? :lol:
WTF????
Yeah baseball is so much more important! lol
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!
Oh yeah weren't you one of the guys that gave up after we choked at the Texass game!
I remember now!
Correct me if Im wrong.
Sorry Im bitter I can't even watch the game on Monday I work afternoons, so nothing personal, I just can't believe someone is on a Dolphins board more happy about the Marlins!
(again)
Go Dolphins!

minus
10-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Actually right now Baseball is much more important than Football in ALL SOUTH FLORIDA.Right now people going nuts out in the streets.

MIADolFan
10-26-2003, 12:06 AM

WTF????
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!
Oh yeah weren't you one of the guys that gave up after we choked at the Texass game!
I remember now!
Correct me if Im wrong.
Sorry Im bitter I can't even watch the game on Monday I work afternoons, so nothing personal, I just can't believe someone is on a Dolphins board more happy about the Marlins!
(again)
Go Dolphins!

Its a fellow local team in Miami. Right now the Dolphins themselves were watching and happy to see the Marlins win it!!!

XoPhinsoX
10-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Thank god Baseball is over.

Muck
10-26-2003, 12:15 AM
I hear Bill Kamal is having a rough night reporting on the Marlins. :D

Fresh
10-26-2003, 12:17 AM

WTF????
GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!
I remember now!
Correct me if Im wrong.
(again)
Go Dolphins!

Umm.. no. I wasn't one of the guys the gave up after we choked at the Texans game. Don't get me mistaken with your little friends. It was obvious that I was joking when I said "who?" Did you not see the smiley?

Who the hell said that I was more happy about the Marlins than the Dolphins? Are the Dolphins playing tonight? GO TO SLEEP!

WTF is up with the way you post? Is it poetry or something with the lines like that? :lol:

The_Phish
10-26-2003, 12:40 AM

Umm.. no. I wasn't one of the guys the gave up after we choked at the Texans game. Don't get me mistaken with your little friends. It was obvious that I was joking when I said "who?" Did you not see the smiley?

Who the hell said that I was more happy about the Marlins than the Dolphins? Are the Dolphins playing tonight? GO TO SLEEP!

WTF is up with the way you post? Is it poetry or something with the lines like that? :lol:
Like I said man! Nothing personal! Sorry you took it that way and I was wrong about your previous posts! No I don't write f**king poetry! lol
Go Dolphins!

10-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by mf52dolphin

Yes the Pirates(the "We Are Family" team in the nice looking gold and black uniforms) and the Steelers in 1979.

I knew someone would come up with the answer to that. Thanks. I'm glad to see it's not unprecendented.

Great_One
10-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Congratulations from Philadelphia. Great season overall.

ckparrothead
10-26-2003, 12:58 AM
Wow man this is great...the Marlins win the World Series. Only two winning seasons in their history as a franchise, and both times they win the series.

Maybe this time their owner won't dismantle them.

A/C Dorsal
10-26-2003, 01:00 AM
its over, its finally over! ! ! !

Prime Time
10-26-2003, 01:07 AM
We are the Champions of the Worlllldddddd! OH BABY!!!! MARLINS WIN!!!

Prime Time
10-26-2003, 01:21 AM
BTW, Congrats to the whole team, I wish Floyd could have been a part of it...BUT he already has his ring.

Great_One
10-26-2003, 01:24 AM
He should have stayed.

Prime Time
10-26-2003, 01:28 AM
He should have...I really like Floyd and wish he would return but It wont happenn..he is like Lowell and would have put up Lowell #s.

Fresh
10-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Muck
I hear Bill Kamal is having a rough night reporting on the Marlins. :D

You stole my sig pic! I am going to kill you! PERSONAL ATTACK! :D

Prime Time
10-26-2003, 01:33 AM
Yeah, CO...you all took that pic so I wanted to go a different route and took this...best I could find with most of team...crappy huh? I'll wait until 2mo morning.

Fresh
10-26-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Yeah, CO...you all took that pic so I wanted to go a different route and took this...best I could find with most of team...crappy huh? I'll wait until 2mo morning.

Pudge is the man, he'll re-sign.....

Hopefully! :)

Prime Time
10-26-2003, 01:46 AM
Yea he will...but we need McKeon, Castillo, Urbine and more back...hopefully we can keep this team in tact.

Muck
10-26-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Great_One
He should have stayed.

I thougth he got traded?? Didn't he??

Fresh
10-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Prime Time
Yea he will...but we need McKeon, Castillo, Urbine and more back...hopefully we can keep this team in tact.

McKeon will be back, he said tonight that he can't leave his young guys. Urbina will be back, but we have great pitchers anyways. As for Castillo, his poor play in the World Series(he's hurt) may of helped us. His stock may of dropped a bit.

I'm excited about this team's future, I think we'll be right back up there next year. Atleast in the National League Championship game. With guys like Cabrera, Pierre, Beckett, and other young guys like that on the merge.. we're building a great franchise here.

Great_One
10-26-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Muck

I thougth he got traded?? Didn't he??

He signed with the Mets as a free agent last year.

Muck
10-26-2003, 02:08 AM
Oh ok.

A.J. Burnett should be back next year as well.

Prime Time
10-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Yeah AJ Burnett as well.

We traded Floyd, then he signed with the Mets in offseason.

inFINSible
10-26-2003, 08:07 AM
Did ANY of you actually GO TO a Marlins game this year?

How many games did you even watch on TV before mid season?

iceblizzard69
10-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Thank god baseball is over, and thank god the Yankees lost. Congrats to the Marlins!

Prime Time
10-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Yes I did inFINs...why you trying to stomp on our parade?

AngryDolphins
10-26-2003, 11:14 AM
WOOOOOO MARLINS WORLD CHAMPIONSSSSSS!! NUMBER 1!!!!! JOSH BECKET MVP! GO FISH!

Peebs
10-26-2003, 11:24 AM
I understand what inFINSible means...
The Marlins couldn't draw a crowd before the playoffs. Their yearly attendance was horrible, then suddenly....

But congrats to the Marlins, I am now out of Skankee hell. I no longer have to see the Neanderthal Skankee fans all over the NY TV shows and I get to hear them WHINE like babies on the local radio sports shows.

If anyone happened to have CNN on during the game they had a live feed from the bar I was at last night, Scruffy Duffy's NYC (also a live feed from Don Shula's in Miami Lakes). The place was PACKED with the unwashed uneducated knuckledragging stupid Skankee fans-and a group of my friends who would root for anyone playing against them (since we are like the step children of NY-Mets fans). We seem to have an effect on any team playing against the Skanks in game 6. In 2001 we were at Scruffy's for game 6 when the Skanks got SPANKED by the D'backs and again last evening.
So the Camera goes on the Owner Patrick and the Skank fans during the game....
After the last out in the bottom of the 9th the camera goes on US because we were cheering and jumping up and down when the mighty Skanks :rolleyes: fell....It was a beautiful thing.

But you do realize the Skanks haven't won anything since 2000 when they played the Mets. Because they took SUCH joy in celebrating on Shea Stadium soil (Roger Clemens even took dirt from the pitching mound at Shea, YES THE SAME mound he he never pitched from in the 2000 season) and Luis Sojo with his balloon that said "Mets in 2008"....all the pompous, arrogant attitude BIT THEM IN THE ***. Baseball gods don't like ugly....:lol:

fins1
10-26-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ckparrothead
Wow man this is great...the Marlins win the World Series. Only two winning seasons in their history as a franchise, and both times they win the series.

Maybe this time their owner won't dismantle them.

Maybe this time they will average more than 3000 fans a game.

Fresh
10-26-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible

I went to atleast 10 games(about 25 Heat games), not including 2 playoff games(including game 4 of the WS).

And I watched ALOT of their games. I'm not a bandwagon fan like you.

How long have you been a Laker fan?

Muck
10-26-2003, 02:41 PM
People like to point to the low attendance numbers for Marlins games. But they act like South Florida doesn't care about baseball. That is not true. The fact is, this community was ready to really support the Marlins in 1998. But the relationship between the team and the fans was severely damaged following the '97 season in that firesale.

S. FLA fans are very fickle. That's no secret. But it doesn't help when they have a winner and it gets immediately and completely dimantled right in front of their faces. All you have to do is listen to the thunderstorm of boos whenever Huizenga's name is uttered at any Miami sporting event. The Dolphins could win a championship in Joe Robbie stadium and the fans would still boo him mercilessly at the trophy ceremony. It's that personal and is still on the surface.

Bumrush
10-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I am so happy I went to game 4 of the World Series in Miami. If you ask me, the MVP of the series is Braden Looper. Top of the 11th, one out, bases loaded with Rivera getting warmed up in the bullpen and he comes in, gets a popup and a strikeout to end the threat. A fly ball wins the game for the Yankees and the Marlins face a 3-1 deficit.

That inning and the gonzo at bat in the 12th defined what made this team so great. The Marlins prevent the clutch hit or sac fly and win the game when their struggling short-stop hits a homer. Not only was the home run impressive, but the fact that the count was 0-2, 1-2 and worked all the way to 3-2 after numerous foul balls. The Marlins DEFINED clutch the entire playoffs. 0-2, 1-2 counts did not strike fear, it actually made them work that much harder to hit to the opposite field or keep fouling balls off.

minus
10-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible

I attended 20 games and only reason I didn't attend more because I got school at night.I also attended game the last five years of "prospects" which in the end paid off :D.

Great_One
10-26-2003, 09:31 PM
I saw them play in Philadelphia during a hurricane, does that count?

inFINSible
10-27-2003, 08:41 AM

I went to atleast 10 games(about 25 Heat games), not including 2 playoff games(including game 4 of the WS).

And I watched ALOT of their games. I'm not a bandwagon fan like you.

How long have you been a Laker fan?

Bit defensive aren't you?

What's with the insults, I only asked a couple of questions.

How you can call me a bandwagon fan is something that only your mind can explain and I'm not sure if I'm stupid or you are but, WTF do the Lakers have to do with this?

I noticed all of 3 fans actually attended a game.....I guess those 81 home games weren't convenient enough for anyone else to go.

Now, for all those who have attended and did watch, then this is not directed at you. For anybody else who started cheering for the marlins in the last two weeks, THAT is the definition of band wagon fan. I was just curious to know how many that was.

inFINSible
10-27-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by minus

I attended 20 games and only reason I didn't attend more because I got school at night.I also attended game the last five years of "prospects" which in the end paid off :D.

You're a real fan minus! :up: perseverance pays off!! congrats!

I doubt I'll ever see my team bust through.

Go Red Sox.....:(