PDA

View Full Version : MERGED X2: Vick signs with Eagles

Nublar7
08-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Now this could just be another false story like the Bills one early today, but the buzz here in Pennsylvania right now(apparently it has been reported on a local CBS station also, so I will have to watch TV now) is that Vick has signed with the Eagles. I will let you know more if I hear anything else.

KDog13
08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
its true but why the eagles?

Chi-Town FinFan
08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Mort just confirmed on ESPN.. 2yr deal

13forlife
08-13-2009, 08:35 PM
ESPN Just reported it on the Steelers Cardinals game. He has signed with the Eagles. F#%$ Michael Vick!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinsFan24
08-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Michael Vick agrees to a 2-year deal with the Eagles. Thank God he is not in our division.

CalDolFan1014
08-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Wowwwwwwww!!! Gotta wonder what McNabb thinks about this????

GoonBoss
08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Wow. They just continue to slap McNabb in the face.

Nublar7
08-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Did I scoop ESPN? ;) I made this post at 8:29, PFT reported it at 8:32. :up:

amspeed13
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Why thank god? He's not that great. He's actually been built up more since he has been out. I thought he would have signed with the browns...

Thundercracker
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
will philly run the wildcat? hmmm

CalDolFan1014
Did I scoop ESPN? ;) I made this post at 8:29, PFT reported it at 8:32. :up:

Anyone in your state burning Eagles jerseys yet? :lol:

67Stang
Too bad he didn't go to the Browns and the Dog Pound....hehe

67Stang
08-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Why thank god? He's not that great. He's actually been built up more since he has been out. I thought he would have signed with the browns...
Great minds

67Stang
08-13-2009, 08:44 PM
The McVick or the VickNabb?

amspeed13
08-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Word LOL

sharp
08-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Good if he still has anything left we dont have to experience it. Hell of a madden team tho

MDFINFAN
08-13-2009, 08:49 PM
As long as it's out of our division and not with the pats...good.

ArmyFin7
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I think when Kolb went down that pretty much sealed it for the eagles....and their O-line is all busted up, maybe they just wanted someone who could run away from all the pressure the NFC East is gonna bring on 'em.

armylax54
08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
I hope he does well...at least he's not in our division.

robb01
08-13-2009, 09:01 PM
glad for him

Nublar7
08-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Anyone in your state burning Eagles jerseys yet? :lol:My office is full of Eagle fans, so I can't wait to hear their thoughts on this.

Of course, there is a Bills fan also in the office and he was jumping for joy when they signed Owens. So, the Eagle fans will likely only see the positive side of this signing.

Though, there is one guy that probably won't like this. lol. Should be fun tomorrow.

napsndreds
08-13-2009, 09:03 PM
i think this will be good for both mcnabb and vick...the backup right now is hurt right?

GoonBoss
08-13-2009, 09:10 PM
i think this will be good for both mcnabb and vick...the backup right now is hurt right?

In what way could this possibly be good for McNabb? Unless you mean he might get traded to a better team.

Tetragrammaton
08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
With McNabb's cap number, his days as an Eagle are coming to an end.

Fin_Fanatic
08-13-2009, 09:32 PM
oh thank god he didnt end up in the AFC East!!! glad to see he will be playing though.... only thing that would have added to the drama is he ended up playing for tampa or new orleans

Fin #10
08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Falcons, Eagles: what's up with all these birds? I thought Mikey liked dogs ;-)

Fin #10
08-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Yeah, but they'll call it the wildDOG

Spesh
08-13-2009, 09:41 PM
52 int, 19 fumbles, and never above a 56.4% completion rating, and that was before a 2 year "break" from football......im all about Vick being in the same division.

Any Qb that has a completion average just barely above 50% is more than welcome to join any other team in our division, i support that.

Smith21
08-13-2009, 09:42 PM
With McNabb's cap number, his days as an Eagle are coming to an end.
Yea... they extended him to take a cap hit??? that doesnt make sense to me

its a 2 year contract.. one year with 6 games he cant play in im sure Vick isnt making Starter money,

Im excited to see week 7 though and see what they actually do with.

Smith21
08-13-2009, 09:43 PM
52 int, 19 fumbles, and never above a 56.4% completion rating, and that was before a 2 year "break" from football......im all about Vick being in the same division.

Any Qb that has a completion average just barely above 50% is more than welcome to join any other team in our division, i support that.
Look at his w/L and rushing yards...

Tetragrammaton
08-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Yea... they extended him to take a cap hit??? that doesnt make sense to me

its a 2 year contract.. one year with 6 games he cant play in im sure Vick isnt making Starter money,

Im excited to see week 7 though and see what they actually do with.

They can't keep him as a backup. When Vick starts lighting things up and makes the Pro Bowl, they will have to do something.

Pandarilla 72
08-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Here ya go!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811df48c&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

dolpns13
08-13-2009, 09:55 PM
i know... blows

GoonBoss
08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Merged X3. I put the over under at 10

dolpns13
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
wish he went to the Bills instead

dolpns13
08-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Merged X3. I put the over under at 10
****... thats a gimme.. ill take the over

Pandarilla 72
08-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Thank you to whoever moved my post. When I had originally posted it I forgot about the general news section!:crazy:

Smith21
08-13-2009, 10:02 PM
They can't keep him as a backup. When Vick starts lighting things up and makes the Pro Bowl, they will have to do something.
this year 1.5 or 1.3 i dont remember, Next year is a 5+ million dollar option :) .. i do feel bad for what i believe is a top 5 QB in McNabb.. didnt he just have his best year as a pro??

BobDole
08-13-2009, 10:17 PM
as long as he isn't in our division. mcnabb can't like this.

dolpns13
08-13-2009, 10:21 PM
McNabb gets such a bad rap in Philly... yeah, thanks for 5 NFC championship games and 1 superbowl appearance D-Nabb... we really appreciate it..lol.. scumbags.. He shouldnt be worried anyhow, its not like Vick is a good QB anyways... Thye probably will install some form of wildcat now

dolpns13
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM

of topic but AWESOME sig... "You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain. MARK IT ZERO!!!..Its a league game Smokey... :lol::lol::lol:

Spesh
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Look at his w/L and rushing yards...

3.8k rushing yards...yet more fumbles during much fewer attempts then LT(i mention him because he was taken the same year and played more years). Yet the most passing yards he's had in a single season is 2.9k.

As a QB your expected to pass. Vick was not able to do that well before he took a 2 year hiatus. Was he able to run? Sure. Yet for being one of the 2 true franchise QB(meaning having a front office burn high draft picks/free agency to build an offense around you) he very much did not live up to his potential.....and since then has been in federal prison. Sorry, i wouldnt have lost sleep playing against him.

As a Qb that has trouble completing passes(53.8% career), not to mention eating close to 200 sacks, I was all about Vick signing with the Bills/Jets/Pats.

cljh19
08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
dont really know what the eagles plans are with him yet, but not a bad signing. low risk high reward type. if they do install the wildcat imagine vick and mcnabb on the field at same time. sounds good.

SpurzN703
08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Will Vick survive living in or around Philly for 6 months out of the year?

Tetragrammaton
08-13-2009, 11:42 PM
3.8k rushing yards...yet more fumbles during much fewer attempts then LT(i mention him because he was taken the same year and played more years). Yet the most passing yards he's had in a single season is 2.9k.

As a QB your expected to pass. Vick was not able to do that well before he took a 2 year hiatus. Was he able to run? Sure. Yet for being one of the 2 true franchise QB(meaning having a front office burn high draft picks/free agency to build an offense around you) he very much did not live up to his potential.....and since then has been in federal prison. Sorry, i wouldnt have lost sleep playing against him.

As a Qb that has trouble completing passes(53.8% career), not to mention eating close to 200 sacks, I was all about Vick signing with the Bills/Jets/Pats.

You need to look past statistics to really appreciate Vick's skills. You can talk about not losing sleep, but defensive coordinators had to plan around him, and he would still break loose.

This is a quarterback that ran for over 1000 yards in a season. How does that not complement the Eagles?

tay0365
08-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Did not see it anywhere, but seems the eagles signed Vick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

Phinatic8u
08-14-2009, 12:08 AM
its old news

cafinfan408
08-14-2009, 12:10 AM
you didnt see it anywhere cause your lookin in a DOLPHIN forum.. it got moved

tay0365
08-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Been out of any news all day, only an hour ago was I able to turn on a TV, thanks guys.

j-off-her-doll
08-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Wish nothing but the absolute worst for Vick.

killakaruchi
08-14-2009, 12:43 AM
haters.....good luck mike.

j-off-her-doll
08-14-2009, 12:54 AM
haters.....good luck mike.

The people sending their support to Vick are the same people that sent their support to O. J. and Michael Jackson. Pathetic.

BobDole
08-14-2009, 01:14 AM
The people sending their support to Vick are the same people that sent their support to O. J. and Michael Jackson. Pathetic.

i wish him luck and i didn't support either oj or mj. he made a terrible mistake and has paid for it in spades. it's time to move on. i understand the hate but it's time to let the man do what he does best and support his family.

Smith21
08-14-2009, 01:14 AM

ok... the NFL counted his Fumbles From every time he touches the ball,
he has held the ball more than LT, im sorry that you over looked that

LT fumbled 8 times his rookie year =(

LT is a running back, Micheal Vick is a QB...

if were going to welcome people who we want on other teams in our division
How bout we Welcome Jamar Fletcher to New England,
at least hes Not a proven winner

JT-forpresident
08-14-2009, 02:23 AM
yesssssssssssssssssssss

one of my favorite football players of all time, and he's playing for an NFC team... if he signed with the patriots or bills i would've shot myself lol

Arsenal WV
08-14-2009, 02:40 AM

WildDog sir.

cafinfan408
08-14-2009, 03:40 AM

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

emeraldfin
08-14-2009, 04:45 AM
I really do wonder why the Eagles did this. I mean, with the offense is looking quite good at all positions. Why bother bringing in the added media attention and baggage that a player like Vick carries.

Boone
08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I never like to see a player get hurt....but I hope Vick breaks BOTH legs!

deezdgbt
08-14-2009, 09:28 AM

This is a totally different situation. Vick was convicted and payed his debt to society, OJ and Michael Jackson got away with it. And I support Vick now that he paid his dues, I never supported OJ or Michael. Killing a human or molesting a child is unforgivable. The man fought some dogs, paid the price, and more than likely isn't gonna do it again. So get over it, quit whining like these pathetic animal rights protestors, and watch some damn football.

amspeed13
08-14-2009, 10:08 AM
This is a totally different situation. Vick was convicted and payed his debt to society, OJ and Michael Jackson got away with it. And I support Vick now that he paid his dues, I never supported OJ or Michael. Killing a human or molesting a child is unforgivable. The man fought some dogs, paid the price, and more than likely isn't gonna do it again. So get over it, quit whining like these pathetic animal rights protestors, and watch some damn football.

What I dont understand about stuff like this is why does it take jail time and millions of dollars for him to realize he was doing something wrong? I hear that all the time, "He has paid his debt to society" How? By not being a part of it? By losing all his money? This guy should be kicked out of the league.

Should be fun to see though, I am sure there are plenty of players out there that just want to **** his world up.

Boone
08-14-2009, 10:35 AM
The man fought some dogs, paid the price, and more than likely isn't gonna do it again. So get over it, quit whining like these pathetic animal rights protestors, and watch some damn football.

You left out the part about him electrocuting them with jumper cables,hanging them from trees,and holding them underwater until they drowned.... :err:

Boone
08-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I am sure there are plenty of players out there that just want to **** his world up.

I hope they show it on ESPN SportsCenter.

Spesh
08-14-2009, 10:57 AM
You need to look past statistics to really appreciate Vick's skills. You can talk about not losing sleep, but defensive coordinators had to plan around him, and he would still break loose.

This is a quarterback that ran for over 1000 yards in a season. How does that not complement the Eagles?

I watched Vick like everyone else, if you wanted to make a great highlight video he was the man. Yet in between those highlights he was not that great. Any coach that was brought to Atlanta was expected to improve Vick's passing. If this was another moblie QB that was a successful passer, Steve Young'ish, then id probably worry, but that isnt the situation.

Never once said this wouldnt complement the Eagles, just said i wouldnt have freaked out if he came to the division...heck, i probably would have welcomed it. I was foaming at the mouth when Favre was traded, so why not another QB that turns the ball over.

Look at what Matt Ryan did last year with the same receiving targets(save for Alge Crumpler): higher completions rating, More yards. And that was in his rookie season.

Spesh
08-14-2009, 11:08 AM

He paid his debt to society for that crime. He was still caught for knowingly giving STD's to another human being, and pretty much everyone around him was busted for selling drugs out of his car(on top of the little incident right there in Miami Airport).

So before being busted for the completely illegal(and immoral) dog fighting ring he got away with plenty of crimes, he just couldnt run from this one. He's a scumbag.

Dogbone34
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Lets see him donate half is salary to an animal foundation. Doubt that will happen.

dlockz
08-14-2009, 01:14 PM

Funny that u would lump these three people. OJ we all know about him but Michael Jackson was not ound guilty of anything. If he did do anything then the biggest scumbags are the parents that let him get away with it and took money to be quiet.

As for Vick he still has not killed any human beings. Personally I dont have issure with supporting Vick to get a second chance. I dont think this one act makes anyone pathetic.

dlockz
08-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Lets see him donate half is salary to an animal foundation. Doubt that will happen.

He couldnt even if he wanted to. You do realize he is in bankruptcey you cant just spend money that u owe even for charity.

dlockz
08-14-2009, 01:21 PM
What I dont understand about stuff like this is why does it take jail time and millions of dollars for him to realize he was doing something wrong? I hear that all the time, "He has paid his debt to society" How? By not being a part of it? By losing all his money? This guy should be kicked out of the league.

Should be fun to see though, I am sure there are plenty of players out there that just want to **** his world up.

i dounbt that many players are mad with Vick and most seem to support him.
I probably can see Joey Whispering after a sack whew glad they did not catch me lol.

Boone
08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I dont think this one act makes anyone pathetic.

Someone needs to touch up on mathmatics.

dlockz
08-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Someone needs to touch up on mathmatics.

Well according to my GPA which is basically the only thing that counts to me , there is nothing wrong with my math skills. I was referring to the people who support Vick not the acts he committed.

Arsenal WV
08-14-2009, 03:02 PM
It's going to be a dogfight in the NFC East

Sorry...I'm done...

Dogbone34
08-14-2009, 03:07 PM
He's worth the maximum league fine for a late/cheap shot.

Dogbone34
08-16-2009, 10:23 PM
After watching MV in his own words, I can forgive him now.

He understands what he did wrong and he took responsibility like a man.