PDA

View Full Version : Just got madden 2010

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 12:43 PM
So you know what team I picked...Long story short...the fins are 77 percent rating!!! I felt disrespected. On another note Pat white is extremely fast..Any madden fans on here? Also they have Pat White over Henne in the game...

London is a 67 rating and Turner is a 69 percent rating... Football season is back!

houtz
08-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I had the game last Saturday. All my impressions and ish are in the Madden forums. If you play on PS3, I will spank that ***.

PhinSoldia
08-14-2009, 12:49 PM
its slower than last years game...and i really have a conundrum between Pat and Chad H

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I had the game last Saturday. All my impressions and ish are in the Madden forums. If you play on PS3, I will spank that ***.

yeah ps3 here..drop your gamer tag brother...How did you have the game since last saturday? You talking about the demo?

j-off-her-doll
08-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Still mad it's not for PC.

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 12:50 PM
its slower than last years game...and i really have a conundrum between Pat and Chad H

I agree man. They have ginn returning kick offs...He was so slow..but then again everyone else was moving slow too..

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Still mad it's not for PC.

you play games with the keyboard? Or u connect a controller?

j-off-her-doll
08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Will probably finally relent and pick up a PS3 - anyone know a place I can get the 80GB for cheaper than $400?

j-off-her-doll
08-14-2009, 12:52 PM
you play games with the keyboard? Or u connect a controller?

Use a controller that's pretty much just like a PS controller.

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Use a controller that's pretty much just like a PS controller.

Thats cool.. I dont really like playing games on the PC but one thing I can say is the graphics are superb on PC games..

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Will probably finally relent and pick up a PS3 - anyone know a place I can get the 80GB for cheaper than $400?

maybe ebay...its a great investment bro..if you have a HD tv why not? enjoy blu ray and madden

ryanosaur2000
08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
You can adjust the game speed guys. I have been using White in the Wildcat formation with mixed results, haha.

j-off-her-doll
08-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah, the Blue Ray makes me feel a little better. Madden's really the only game I play, so it'd be a waste otherwise. Also, I'm a bit of a penny pincher, so spending money in general makes me squeamish.

Phinatic8u
08-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Play me guys. my PSN is xXaMaZe- who ever got a PSN add me up for a *** kickin

houtz
08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
yeah ps3 here..drop your gamer tag brother...How did you have the game since last saturday? You talking about the demo?

Nope.

Mom and Pop stores sell the game early because they don't care about following the street date. I have a picture of me holding the game in the thread I referred to earlier. The picture was posted the day after I got it so that would've been Sunday.

From now on I should have all my games a few days earlier. Madden and NCAA will probably always be a good week early. I love it!

houtz
08-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah, and my PSN is houtz

houtz
08-14-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1063020497&postcount=6

Phinatic8u
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Sweet bro. im getting it today

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1063020497&postcount=6

thats unfair man.

phinphan4life
08-14-2009, 01:29 PM
I'll be getting it today as soon as I'm done at work. But for 360 of course.

Mr772
08-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I have been a madden junkie since the late 90's. PC version was always better, damn ea for canning it (if i ever see Peter Moore on the street.....). I don't really play any other games on my PS3 but it makes a sweet home media hub. I'll be giving some madden clinics later tonight after the kids hit the sack. If you want some hit me up on PSN @ VdubTDI.

MP-Omnis
08-14-2009, 01:51 PM
I think I'll finally return street fighter to blockbuster and go pick up madden. Haven't played Madden since Vick was on the cover (2004?)

How exactly do you do a Madden Clinic, Mr772? I'd be down for one if I get the game, assuming blockbuster doesn't run out of stock. That online franchise mode looks great but I don't think finheaven people would have fun with it because only one of us would be able to manage the dolphins.

My PSN is MP-Omnis

oasis
08-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Waiting for the UPS guy...I'm at work though so I'll have to wait til I can get it home.

arsenal
08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
i got it at lunch here at work, got some plans tonight and tomorrow unfortunately, but i'll find some time to squeeze it in... im pumped

Mr772
08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
I think I'll finally return street fighter to blockbuster and go pick up madden. Haven't played Madden since Vick was on the cover (2004?)

How exactly do you do a Madden Clinic, Mr772? I'd be down for one if I get the game, assuming blockbuster doesn't run out of stock. That online franchise mode looks great but I don't think finheaven people would have fun with it because only one of us would be able to manage the dolphins.

My PSN is MP-Omnis

A clinic is where we meetup online to play a game and I beat you mercilessly. :hi5: J/K... I have a lot of fun playing madden so if you pick up the game we can definitely match up.

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Its nothing like running madden before the sunday game if you arent at the game in person...knocking down some beer as well

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Also, The wildcat package in madden is terribly limited.

MP-Omnis
08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
A clinic is where we meetup online to play a game and I beat you mercilessly. :hi5: J/K... I have a lot of fun playing madden so if you pick up the game we can definitely match up.
No, that's not a clinic. You learn stuff in clinics. You don't just sit there going FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. :blowup::lol:

Anyway, I can't believe the madden demo doesn't show you what the controls are. I mean wtf, how am I supposed to play?

Is there a play editor/creator like there was in '04? I'm sure we can append the wildcat package.

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 02:46 PM
No, that's not a clinic. You learn stuff in clinics. You don't just sit there going FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. :blowup::lol:

Anyway, I can't believe the madden demo doesn't show you what the controls are. I mean wtf, how am I supposed to play?

Is there a play editor/creator like there was in '04? I'm sure we can append the wildcat package.

How about this later on Im going to send u a friend request. You pick the jets I pick the fins..how about that. All this Im gonna beat u talk is just hype and excitement... online play cripples the best of players as the lag time is horrible..

MP-Omnis
08-14-2009, 03:07 PM
How about this later on Im going to send u a friend request. You pick the jets I pick the fins..how about that. All this Im gonna beat u talk is just hype and excitement... online play cripples the best of players as the lag time is horrible..

Jets or Pats, sure. Wouldn't mind losing as them. :lol:

TheJetsBlow
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Picking up my copy after work today... can't wait!!

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Picking up my copy after work today... can't wait!!

Even better they might give u a keychain and a sticker when u buy the game!..

eger
08-14-2009, 03:17 PM
I think I grew out of that game 4 years ago.. There is only so much you can play, even if they make minimal changes each year. Besides the gf did not like it...lol

petefins
08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm going to rent it for the 360. It hasn't gotten many reviews. They care more about the game looks than the Actual gameplay of the players. Pretty lame if you ask me.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/monday-night-madden-nfl/53055

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 03:34 PM
I think I grew out of that game 4 years ago.. There is only so much you can play, even if they make minimal changes each year. Besides the gf did not like it...lol

mine doesnt either...But there are somethings I just cant let go. football is one of them..why be unhappy bro?

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
ive always thought 360's gameplay was better for madden. They moved more fluid and realistic. I was scared of buying one though because of the defects. "three rings of death"

MP-Omnis
08-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Alright I got my copy. Ps3 of course.

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Alright I got my copy. Ps3 of course.

a mans console

ILfinfan85
08-14-2009, 04:39 PM
PS3-----Afinfan85 I am 6-2 with the Fins!!I will NOT use any other team!!!Send an friend invite if ya wanna go sometime

Ricky_Fan34
08-14-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm on PS3 and my tag is Miami_Dolphins34

MP-Omnis
08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Man Donald Thomas is bogus in this game. They need to fix his strength stats because Kris Jenkins is in my *** every single play.

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Napsndreds is my gamer tag add ur boy

napsndreds
08-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Question. Are the roster updates up to date. As in dies the eagles have vick? This question is definately Not from me

AccordOn13z
08-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I dont agree with half the ratings we got but then again I dont work for EA. I have NO IDEA so many ppl on here had PS3's and its true: it is a mans console! If you posted your PSN s/n on this thread then you got a friend request from me. PSN: Eh-rik

I still got to get used to the slow pace of the game. I get frustrated sometimes. This happens to me every year anyway but I'll be good in a week or two.

sharp
08-14-2009, 05:40 PM
username: mustang20241

of course a man's console. Look foward to playing some of you dolphins vs dolphins. Oh and is it just me or can you not scramble on a wildcat pass play?

FINMAN13
08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
The Fins defense is outstanding. V. Davis has 3 INT for TD's in 2 games. 2 of which came went for 102, & 104 yards!!!

JT gets nothing done...

Porter is all over the field...

The secondary is HARD to beat vs. Man Coverage. The zone is where the Safeties shine...

Ronnie has not done much with the wildcat...

Pat White is not very accurate even while standing still...

Henne has a great ball and playing very well overall...

Pennington makes some great throws inside of 15 yards, on the money, over the shoulder...

Ricky gets injured way to much...

Ted is a beast on KR/PR and WR!!!

Patrick is great for the goaline jump ball...

Bess just makes plays as my #2 all game...

The DL does not apply much pressure, but Fergy eats any runner up the middle for lunch...

Overall very happy with the new Madden. My Fins are 3-0 with my first 3 games. My offense scores about 28 points a game. My defense only gives up about 14 points a game.

FINMAN13
08-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Question. Are the roster updates up to date. As in dies the eagles have vick? This question is definately Not from me

No they are not on the 360. I got the Eagles in a Sim league with 32 very active gamers on this other site. But got out bidded for the FINS. :( The guy that out bids me claimed to be a Die Hard Eagles fan, the same team that I had to pick 4 picks later. :crazy:

I have so many trade offers coming in for Vick. Gonna stock up on draft picks and try to get V. Davis & S. Smith within 2 seasons.

deezdgbt
08-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Man's console?! Thats for little japanese kids, lol! C'mon fellaz, you're supposed to buy American! Xbox baby, all the way!

i kid, i kid. deezdgbt is my xbox live name

HopaLong
08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I've had a PS3 since one month after it launched, and have loved it! I'm not great at Madden, but don't mind helping boost some fellow Fin Fan's online rankings! Hey, if I lose to the Fins, it's not so bad. My PSN is HopAlong. I also play CoD WaW.

MP-Omnis
08-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I just downloaded the new rosters. Vick is still not on the Eagles depth chart. Our defense is great though. I don't know why our Pass defense only gets 1 box on the pregame breakdown. I'm usually 4 and out. JT and JP are sick on the pass rush while the front 3 eat the run for lunch. I wish making subs didn't take up so much time. I don't know why I have guys on the field with red stamina when I got a bench full of fresh players. The computer should handle that with the switch of a button. I wonder if there are presets I haven't found yet.

Gadsden86
08-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Maybe i missed it but is cameron wake in it saw he was in an update. Also what is he rated?

MP-Omnis
08-14-2009, 09:36 PM
He's rated a 66. His stats are similar to or better than Jason Taylor's. Except he has a 55 in awareness, which cripples his overall.

PhinPhan910
08-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Yea i got madden today, it beats 09 by miles and miles, my only complaint is they can/should improve the way people run with the ball.

MP-Omnis
08-15-2009, 07:20 PM
I figured out why I couldn't run the ball to save my life in franchise mode. If you take the madden test and training and all that and finish it, the difficulty will be set to "My Skill" instead of all-pro or whatever. My skill in rushing and run stopping was beyond all madden level. :lol:

John Biello
08-16-2009, 10:33 PM
i am enjoying the game, mainly because they are going towards a 2k play style. i am sure a lot of you guys know how i felt about 2k5. i am really enjoying pro tak and tackle breaking. had a game last night online where i had 262 yards with ronnie and 3 runs over 75 yards for touch downs. i play straight sim, just hard nose trucking no glitching or any other garbage.

Dolfan3773
08-16-2009, 10:50 PM
I just dont understand how Brady is a 97. He was out an entire year and hes still a beast. On the other hand...JT who had a bad season last year is dropped to a 79? I smell Bias...

arsenal
08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I just downloaded the new rosters. Vick is still not on the Eagles depth chart. Our defense is great though. I don't know why our Pass defense only gets 1 box on the pregame breakdown. I'm usually 4 and out. JT and JP are sick on the pass rush while the front 3 eat the run for lunch. I wish making subs didn't take up so much time. I don't know why I have guys on the field with red stamina when I got a bench full of fresh players. The computer should handle that with the switch of a button. I wonder if there are presets I haven't found yet.

i cant get much of a pass rush for some reason... even picking plays that bring JT and JP in, as the computer they dont do squat, and i even have some issues... what kind of pass rushing moves do you use?

BARF
08-17-2009, 01:38 PM
i love the game i do not like that fighting for the fumble button mashing that is a waste of time and half time is to long

CA Dolfan
08-21-2009, 01:19 AM
My 4.5 year old son loves playing Batman and Indiana Jones Lego Wii. He told me the other day that he wants to play video football. I can only assume he was referring to Madden because they have a playstation at the kids area at the gym and I showed it to him on the EA Madden website. I was excited that he wanted to play it because I've always wondered what it would be like to play it. My concern is that for his age he wouldn't be able to play it. Do you know if he would be able to play it.

Farmer
08-21-2009, 08:38 AM
am i missing something?

one of my favorite things of the game has been training the players in franchise mode. Is it somewhere that im not getting?

without that, the game isnt as good for me

PhinzN703
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM

I read yesterday that they are coming out with a $299 slimmer PS3. Don't know when though, FYI.

mrodriguez4096
08-26-2009, 02:51 PM
username for PS3 is blitzdolphin. Just got the game a few weeks ago and have been looking for some people to get good games with. I'd say I am pretty good at Madden but this year's version is taking me a little while to get used to. Send me a friend request and we'll play. Thanks guys.

RaboGrande24
08-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I read yesterday that they are coming out with a $299 slimmer PS3. Don't know when though, FYI.
Its available at gamestop. Now I definately NEED one