PDA

View Full Version : District 9

Nublar7
08-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Just saw this movie today and it is awesome. Must see!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Amars
08-15-2009, 05:45 PM
i've heard nothing but good things about this movie. Supposed to be the best movie to watch this summer.

Boone
08-15-2009, 05:47 PM
I just got home from the theater....I wasnt sure what to make of this going in. I thought it was pretty good (grade=B) It makes you think about human rights...good action toward the end.

curious about District 10....

Gonzo
08-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Just got back from it. Best movie of the year, imo.

I agree 100% with the following review:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42057

Noodle Arm
08-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I absolutely loved it. Surprised though by how many people at my work absolutely hated it. Guess they were expecting an Independance Day alien invasion type of movie.

The last scene in the movie was beautiful. The old lady sitting next to me was sniffling.

dreday
08-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Getting mixed reactions...Guess we'll go check it out this weekend.

Tetragrammaton
08-19-2009, 06:39 PM
I was expecting so much more. It has all the stereotypes and plot points that most of these movies have, but it is better than the others. It was good, not great.

Blackocrates
08-21-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm with you Wayward. It was good but not great. I give it a generous 7/10. It could have been so much better. I don't know what it was that lacked. Maybe I just didn't care that much for the SPOILERS!

guy mutating into an alien story. I think there are many other story angles that could have been better. Still worth the watch though. I'd watch it again.

Tetragrammaton
08-21-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm with you Wayward. It was good but not great. I give it a generous 7/10. It could have been so much better. I don't know what it was that lacked. Maybe I just didn't care that much for the SPOILERS!

guy mutating into an alien story. I think there are many other story angles that could have been better. Still worth the watch though. I'd watch it again.

It was the third act that fell apart. The first hour is very original, and the characterization and plot development is tops. Then it just sort of becomes a summer action movie.

Blackocrates
08-21-2009, 08:00 PM
It was the third act that fell apart. The first hour is very original, and the characterization and plot development is tops. Then it just sort of becomes a summer action movie.

I would like to have gotten to know more about Christopher Johnson (CJ), he was one cool alien.