PDA

View Full Version : Madden: Anyone figure out how to use Pat White in the Wildcat?

iDolFan
08-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm having a tough time figuring it out.

Also, what happened to the d-line being able to swat and swim?? It sucks trying to fight off o-linemen :err:

houtz
08-15-2009, 10:09 PM
If Pat White is the #2 quarterback you can change the packages to put him in the wildcat or regular formations. To do this you use the right analog stick. At the bottom left of your screen you will see the packages changing. Stop at "Backup QB" and Pat White will be in the game.

To do swim moves and swats you use the right analog stick left and right.

oasis
08-16-2009, 05:53 AM
subbing Pat White in at QB and running play actions from the shotgun is pretty fun. Usually fairly large holes open up for big gainers. And the nice thing about using him this way as opposed to the WC is he can actually sprint. On passing WC plays the triggerman can't sprint...

Mr_Freezetag
08-16-2009, 11:45 AM
subbing Pat White in at QB and running play actions from the shotgun is pretty fun. Usually fairly large holes open up for big gainers. And the nice thing about using him this way as opposed to the WC is he can actually sprint. On passing WC plays the triggerman can't sprint...

...right trigger (xbox 360)

oasis
08-17-2009, 04:56 AM
...right trigger (xbox 360)

I'm pretty sure if you hit right trigger on a PASSING wildcat play nothing happens. Your QB/triggerman won't sprint...you're basically forced to throw. You also can't call out hot routes in the wildcat passing plays, nor can you audible in/out of anything in the wildcat.

John Biello
08-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure if you hit right trigger on a PASSING wildcat play nothing happens. Your QB/triggerman won't sprint...you're basically forced to throw. You also can't call out hot routes in the wildcat passing plays, nor can you audible in/out of anything in the wildcat.

sucks but i am assuming they put it in this way so cheeseing and the wildcat didnt get to out of control

mbmonk
08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
I run P. White as my number 1 QB personally he just fits my style more, and he is sick in the game.

Regardless. I run the 'Jet Pass' with Brown receiving the handoff for the Jet Sweep and then passes it to P. White.

The reason this actually works, fairly well, is because they gave Ronnie some passing skills and the gave White some WR skills. So the chances of completing it are fairly good if they are running man coverages. Zone = pick most of the time though :)