PDA

View Full Version : Lee County Dolphin Fans

TheDon74
08-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I was just wondering how many more Dolfans are from Lee County in here? I have lived in Fort Myers/The Cape my whole life (34yrs) and am a lifetime Phins fan.

Dtronic
08-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I haven't found that many suprisingly, been here 23 years.

TheDon74
08-16-2009, 12:38 PM
List of places to watch Dolphin games in Lee County

MIAMI DOLPHINS

• B.A. HUSTLERS: 2138 Santa Barbara Blvd., Cape Coral. PHONE 574-6000.

• GATOR LANES: 7050 Crystal Drive, Fort Myers. PHONE: 939-0048.

• MISCUE LOUNGE: 2011 Carrell Road, Fort Myers. PHONE 936-1116.

• PINCHERS CRAB SHACK: 15271 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers. PHONE 415-4009.

Link:

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS/50910004/

Dtronic
08-16-2009, 12:42 PM
List of places to watch Dolphin games in Lee County

MIAMI DOLPHINS

• B.A. HUSTLERS: 2138 Santa Barbara Blvd., Cape Coral. PHONE 574-6000.

• GATOR LANES: 7050 Crystal Drive, Fort Myers. PHONE: 939-0048.

• MISCUE LOUNGE: 2011 Carrell Road, Fort Myers. PHONE 936-1116.

• PINCHERS CRAB SHACK: 15271 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers. PHONE 415-4009.

Link:

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/SPORTS/50910004/

LOL that list is OLD. I've called all of them and they said what r u talking about.

You did the same thing I did two years ago - google

TheDon74
08-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I haven't found that many suprisingly, been here 23 years.

When I was younger there were a lot more PhinFans on this coast. When the Bucs started to not be the joke of the league I stated noticing more and more red and pewter jerseys walking around the Edison mall. I say the ones that jumped ship can stay Buc fans. Now that it's turning back to us being the power in this state again watch as they try 2 switch back and act like they were fans all along. F--K Them!

Dtronic
08-16-2009, 01:06 PM
When I was younger there were a lot more PhinFans on this coast. When the Bucs started to not be the joke of the league I stated noticing more and more red and pewter jerseys walking around the Edison mall. I say the ones that jumped ship can stay Buc fans. Now that it's turning back to us being the power in this state again watch as they try 2 switch back and act like they were fans all along. F--K Them!

I agree. Last year I went to a couple bars with all my phin gear on and I got alot of ****.

That list was the same one published three years ago. I called all the bars listed and they said what are you talking about.

If you find a place let me know.

Dolphin Dave
08-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Ft. Myers native here. Can't say to much about where to go and catch the game. I have gotten it at Pinchers, Nick & Stellas & Bucketts. They all have Satelite systems and can get the game. Just ask them to put it on, they are not going to turn a beer chugging, food chowing, paying customer away.

er22
08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Go Fins!!!! we are in the Naples/ Bonita Springs area...

Dtronic
08-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Ft. Myers native here. Can't say to much about where to go and catch the game. I have gotten it at Pinchers, Nick & Stellas & Bucketts. They all have Satelite systems and can get the game. Just ask them to put it on, they are not going to turn a beer chugging, food chowing, paying customer away.

Yeah but I wish there was a local bar that was for the phins. I would be there every away game.

sjshaw
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm born and raised in Fort Myers lifelong Fins fan, I say we create our own bar by just going to a place because it just doesn't make sense that Fins fans don't have a home bar even though our team is maybe two hours away. I know we can do it, we have the people now we need the bar

capecoralfinfan
08-16-2009, 08:42 PM
i live in cape coral and last year i found the best spot to watch a fins game in the entire 5 years i've lived here. the new stevie tomatos on pine island rd. granted, i went to see the game when it was one of those infamous inter-conference home games that fox has to handle. LOL @ hustlers for a football game. i'd think i've caught a few STDs from that place just by breathing.

calmrage
08-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Jay Lawrence
34 years old
21 year Cape Coral resident

FinsNCanes
08-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Fort Myers right around College Pkwy.

FinsNCanes
08-16-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm born and raised in Fort Myers lifelong Fins fan, I say we create our own bar by just going to a place because it just doesn't make sense that Fins fans don't have a home bar even though our team is maybe two hours away. I know we can do it, we have the people now we need the bar

There sure is a Red Sox bar about 12 miles South of me though...

Stevie Tomatoes on 41 there has quite a few pieces of Dolphins stuff, but wouldn't really call it detecated to Miami. It's awful, because even this resteraunt near the beach (Parrot Key or something of the sort) is dedicated towards the Packers. I guess that's what you get for living in a state half filled with mostly NYers and people from the Mass area who end up getting condos and **** down here.

Captain A-Dad
08-16-2009, 09:52 PM
I live between Clancey's (RIP) and Sonny's

godolphins1985
08-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Im close to Lee County in Charlotte county port charlotte, there isnt squat for places to go that i know of.

AreYouSerious
08-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Naples! I'm a bit frustrated, we live less than two hours away from Miami and as far as I know, won't be seeing the game on tv. What's up with that!?

TheDon74
08-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Naples! I'm a bit frustrated, we live less than two hours away from Miami and as far as I know, won't be seeing the game on tv. What's up with that!?

You get the CW46 (channel 6 in Lee)? The cable guide for some reason isn't showing it but it will be on tonight at 7:30. The CW isn't a true local channel like nbc, cbs, fox......... so they don't always put the local stuff on the guide even though it will be on. The NFL network will also show replay at 11:00 tonight.

TheDon74
08-17-2009, 06:27 AM
Im close to Lee County in Charlotte county port charlotte, there isnt squat for places to go that i know of.

I lived up there for about a year right by the library off Forrest Nelson Blvd. There are a couple of bars on 41 that play games but I can't remember the names of them.

TheDon74
08-17-2009, 06:36 AM

Yeah you can watch Phin games anywhere but you have to watch it in the corner because some other teams fans meet there. That's what we don't seem to have is a 'Dolphin' bar.

A lot of people from other teams have to meet up at a bar because the don't get all their teams games on TV like we do. We are also lucky over here because we are outside the blackout zone. (at least as far as I know)

All Buc games are shown here as well but there are still several 'Buc' bars in the area, so I think we need to step up over here and start taking our bars back!

TheDon74
08-17-2009, 06:37 AM
I live between Clancey's (RIP) and Sonny's

Which Sonny's, Fowler, Palm Beach or Winkler?

TheDon74
08-17-2009, 06:43 AM

One of us (not me) that likes to organize needs to get this together. You maybe? We can fill an entire place up if we all have one central place and use this tread to communicate.

Phin-o-rama
08-17-2009, 09:25 AM
i live in cape coral and last year i found the best spot to watch a fins game in the entire 5 years i've lived here. the new stevie tomatos on pine island rd. granted, i went to see the game when it was one of those infamous inter-conference home games that fox has to handle. LOL @ hustlers for a football game. i'd think i've caught a few STDs from that place just by breathing.

Interesting...I live near there as well

i canceled sunday ticket this year to save money so there is usually a game or two i don't get...will check it out

Dtronic
08-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I'll head go there too, Steve's Tomatoes on Pine Island Rd for away games.

I'll call the Dolphins today to see if they can start a club here.

TheDon74
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
I'll head go there too, Steve's Tomatoes on Pine Island Rd for away games.

I'll call the Dolphins today to see if they can start a club here.

Make sure to give us the update Dtonic. If they say yeah and Stevie Tomatoes gives us the okay we should call the News Press and get them to announce it for us. Maybe even call Stan and Haney (big Phin fans) and 770 am and get Mouldon on board.

godolphins1985
08-17-2009, 10:08 AM
didnt know so many actually lived close by, tailgate? lol

phintim
08-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Which Sonny's, Fowler, Palm Beach or Winkler?

That would be Winkler, Clancy's is closed. I am not far away from that spot.

TheDon74
08-17-2009, 11:50 AM
didnt know so many actually lived close by, tailgate? lol

What we should all do is that Bus deal to a game. You do it as a group and the tickets are reduced they take you right up to the stadium and bring us all back here. I did it about 5 years ago and it was awesome! No stress finding parking and no DUIs + they give you tickets all the same section so there is no confusion.

Your in Port Charlotte so you'd have to drive down here and meet up with everyone else. That's not to far though

godolphins1985
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
i think thats def an idea, i dont know why we shouldnt we are all close by enough you know.

capecoralfinfan
08-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Make sure to give us the update Dtonic. If they say yeah and Stevie Tomatoes gives us the okay we should call the News Press and get them to announce it for us. Maybe even call Stan and Haney (big Phin fans) and 770 am and get Mouldon on board.

i remember last year it was the only place i went to where more than 10 people had on dolphins apparel. i went alone cuz, of course, everyone in this dump of cape coma is anything but a dolphins fan. i had about 5 beers and sat with complete strangers. it wasn't a bad experience considering its less than a mile from my house (sw 10th st.)

swfladolfan
08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
I live in the College Pk and Winkler area and the Stevie Tomato's on
41 usually does a good job with the Fins.

Looking for other fans to watch the games with..........

Bucs suc...

Dtronic
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM

They still haven't gotten back to me.

I gave 770am my tickets and parking pass on Friday for the Jacksonville pre season game.

swfladolfan
08-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I will contact Stevies in South Fort Myers and see what they've got to say/offer?

Anybody going somewhere to watch game Sat night?

Dtronic
08-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I just had someone from the Dolphins get in touch with me. If there are any developments I will pass them along.

TheFloridaDude
02-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Don sent me over here because I just set up a SWFL Lee county thread the other day trying to get a bunch of us together to watch games next season, and maybe have a draft party?

Well, I don't really know of any dolphins bars around here, but I know I can make it happen. Would anyone be opposed to setting it up at a beef o brady's, or stevie tomatoes?

i mean even if we can't get it in the paper or whatever, atleast it could be a place for all of us from finheaven to hang out and watch the game right?

hit me up with ideas and whatever feedback you have.

TheDon74
02-09-2010, 01:44 AM
A centrally located bar would work the best. I like Beef O' Brady's food but not sure if I want to meet up at a place to watch the Phins that has the name Brady's in it. Just a thought.

TheDon74
02-09-2010, 01:48 AM
I got to be honest Florida Dude I haven't seen any of these people in here for awhile so we may need to recruit new SWFL PhinFans from on here, I know there are quite a few.

TheFloridaDude
02-09-2010, 12:58 PM
ok.....maybe we could get the mods to allow us to post a topic in the general miami dolphins forum....i mean it is to get fin heaven members together so i don't see them having an issue with that....

good point about beef's lol.....:lol: