PDA

View Full Version : Favre to Sign with Vikings?

steeda
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
I guess the saga isn't over yet.

Take it for what it's worth. Link to the article here.
http://wcco.com/vikings/brett.favre.minnesota.2.1133319.html

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ― A high-level source with the Minnesota Vikings tells WCCO-TV's Mark Rosen that quarterback Brett Favre is expected to sign with the team Tuesday. Favre is on currently on his way to Minneapolis and is expected to sign with the team this afternoon, the source said.

Slim
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
I could care less about the profanity filter right now...
**** YOU BRETT FAVRE

steeda
08-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I could care less about the profanity filter right now...

**** YOU BRETT FAVRE

He still should be playing for the Jets.

dolfan94
08-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Chris Mortenson reporting it will be a deal between 10-12 million. Contract will be signed this afternoon.

Too bad we dont play the Vikings this season

nyjunc
08-18-2009, 11:50 AM
He still should be playing for the Jets.

You really hate us, don't you?:lol:

JT-forpresident
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
one of my buddies heard that rumor yesterday on some nfl media (i think it was nfl network... )

As much as i love brett favre, it's about time the guy calls it a career, jesus !

JT-forpresident
08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/18/favre-vikings-close-to-deal/

Vaark
08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
I couldn't detest him any more than I do right now. Sounds terrible but I'm hoping he quickly gets his clock cleaned with what's a career-ending injury to put us all out of our misery.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/09/14e2e6t-1.jpg

TheJetsBlow
08-18-2009, 12:26 PM
You really hate us, don't you?:lol:

With a passion. :lol:

TheJetsBlow
08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I couldn't detest him any more than I do right now. Sounds terrible but I'm hoping he quickly gets his clock cleaned with what's a career-ending injury to put us all out of our misery.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/09/14e2e6t-1.jpg

That might be the only way he retires for good.

nyjunc
08-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Why would any dolphin fan hate favre? if not for favre you don't get Chad Pennington and you don't win the division last year.

TheJetsBlow
08-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Why would any dolphin fan hate favre? if not for favre you don't get Chad Pennington and you don't win the division last year.

I don't HATE Favre- I will be forever grateful to him for everything that happened last year, and allowing the Dolphins to snag Pennington. But I AM tired of him changing his mind 8,000 times an off-season about whether he wants to play or not. He's tarnishing his Packers legacy and making himself look like a moron in the process.

Tetragrammaton
08-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Probably his breaking all of Marino's records.

The New Guy
08-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Not all of them. Dan still has the most passing yards in a single season, and most 400 or more passing yards games in his career. :wink:

At least he still has a couple to hold on to. :chuckle:

Jetsfan89
08-18-2009, 02:01 PM
If a team still wants Brett Favre to be their QB and he still wants to play then let him do what he wants.

Sirspud
08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
It's actually a pretty stupid move on the Vikings part. Some might consider me loony for saying this, but Sage Rosenfels brings everything to the table that Favre does and is much younger. If anything, they are both prone to making the mistake that makes you shake your head, but Brett has made a career out of it and Sage is always out there trying to win the game single-handedly because he has never gotten a fair crack at starting despite having incredible physical talent.

I'll be rooting against Brett every single game this year until Sage gets the shot that he deserves. It's not like he stunk it up in his first pre-season game either.

TheJetsBlow
08-18-2009, 02:22 PM
This would kill me if I was a Packers fan. Arguably the greatest player in the history of the storied franchise suiting up for the mortal enemy... I know that if Marino had pulled something like this and went to the Jets at the end of his career, I'd wanna jump off a bridge.

JT-forpresident
08-18-2009, 02:47 PM
If a team still wants Brett Favre to be their QB and he still wants to play then let him do what he wants.

i love the vikings, and i didn't want this team to get ****ed by brett

that'S why i'm pissed !

nyjunc
08-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Probably his breaking all of Marino's records.

He was more of a compiler than Marino was, the knowledgable football fan knows Marino was better than Favre.

HurriPhin
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Favre is pathetic. Give it up Brett, the game has passed you by. :wheels: While the Vikes are at it why don't they bring back Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith and Ronnie Lott.

I don't understand. The ol' fogey :fogey: single-handedly removed the jets from the playoffs last year with his carelessness in throwing a league leading 22 int's. 22 INT! Favre wasn't even in the top 20 for QB rating. If you want Favre for his leadership and wet yourself over having a future HOFer on your team then hire him as a coach.

Question for jet fans: I have to assume you like the direction of your team with Sanchez as your future, but if given the choice would you want Brett back?

Adam First
08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
If I were Sage Rosenfels I'd demand to be traded.

TheJetsBlow
08-18-2009, 03:56 PM
If I were Sage Rosenfels I'd demand to be traded.

Sage Rosenfels isn't really the type of guy who can "demand" a trade.

Jetsfan89
08-18-2009, 03:59 PM
i love the vikings, and i didn't want this team to get ****ed by brett

that'S why i'm pissed !

Lol I understand.

PhinPhan910
08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
You heard me, Brett Favre just signed a 2 year contract with the Minnesota Vikings and will start on friday in their preseason matchup Friday night against the chiefs.
I do not know the details of the signing.
You can watch the video below.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d811fbd93/Favre-has-returned

Comment below.

PhinPhan910
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Yep, Brett just signed with the Vikings, you can see my report on it here:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f3/favre-has-returned-253999.html#post1063031177

PhinPhan910
08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
It's actually a pretty stupid move on the Vikings part. Some might consider me loony for saying this, but Sage Rosenfels brings everything to the table that Favre does and is much younger. If anything, they are both prone to making the mistake that makes you shake your head, but Brett has made a career out of it and Sage is always out there trying to win the game single-handedly because he has never gotten a fair crack at starting despite having incredible physical talent.

I'll be rooting against Brett every single game this year until Sage gets the shot that he deserves. It's not like he stunk it up in his first pre-season game either.

I have to disagree, even though brett is old for an nfl quarterback, i'd still want him leading my team over Sage Rosenfels, as long as he dosen't end up throwing 20+ ints.

BobDole
08-18-2009, 07:52 PM
i want him dead. i fugging knew this was gonna happen. i was actually beginning to enjoy watching football shows that didn't devote 3/4 of their time to that melodramatic ego-hog. couldn't hate him more if his name was tom brady.

Sirspud
08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I have to disagree, even though brett is old for an nfl quarterback, i'd still want him leading my team over Sage Rosenfels, as long as he dosen't end up throwing 20+ ints.

That's like saying "I'd love for Pennington to be my QB if he had a stronger arm." The reality is that Pennington's weak arm isn't going to change, and Favre's penchant for turnovers and dumb plays are highly unlike to as well.\

And what may be even worse than that is the virtual circus that Brett Favre is going to bring with him, which is as much of a distraction as anything TO ever did.

Sage has done some pretty good things and is capable of being a 4,000 yard passer in this league. His numbers as a starter show that. And he doesn't have a bum arm that is going to act up down the stretch.

Uruguayfinfan
08-18-2009, 11:17 PM
This is actually fun to see!! Don't know how good to the vikes Brett will be, but i don't think they'll win Green Bay, and it will be tough on Brett, and sweeeet for Aaron Rodgers.

He's definitely an improvement over Sage Rosenfels... way more leadership and confidence. He's the guy to lead a team that has had no leader IMO.

HurriPhin
08-19-2009, 04:24 AM
He's definitely an improvement over Sage Rosenfels... way more leadership and confidence. He's the guy to lead a team that has had no leader IMO.

If the Vikes wanted leadership they should have hired him as a coach. If the Vikes want to win they should know you can't do that by turning the ball over.

You can win a super bowl with a top defense, a damn good running game and a QB that controls the ball and manages the game. Minnesota had this going for them until they signed the interception king. I had the Vikes in for a good season in the AFC North with a strong possibility of 10/11 wins. Now they will be lucky to win 8. Just like the jests watched their playoff hopes crumble late in the season due to poor ball control and errant throws, the Vikes will be witnesses the same mistakes. Though I must say, my only dissapointment in this whole mislead retirement soap opera is that Favre didn't return to the jests to ruin their season once again.

X-Pacolypse
08-19-2009, 10:02 AM
This goddamn, egomaniacal, glory hound just won't go away! I am absolutely hoping that somebody breaks Brett Favre's neck this season. I am sick of this sh*t.

Canadianfishfan
08-19-2009, 10:22 AM
This is going to embarrassing badly for the Vikes and for Favre. He looked like the golden boy in NY last year, but all the while he looked and seemed somewhat out of place. And of course the final 6 weeks of the season he just tanked. But who pulls Brett Favre??? He selfishly screwed the Jets last year. I believe Clemens would've likely taken them to the playoffs.

He's going to do the same thing in Minnesota. This time though, when Favre stains the sheets, he'll likely have already lost their QB's, and maybe their lockerroom.

Seems to me that Favre simply wants to go back to Green Bay and try to stick it to em. I hope the blitz him and drive him right into the ground.

syborg
08-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I hope he gets levelled and while prone on his back in the afternoon sun the only thing he can see through the tortured agony pulsing through his torso is stars. .and at that very moment has the revelation that he should have stayed in his rocking chair with a pipe and slippers thinking about those florida keys retirement villages that await him. . Tw'at!!!