PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV

NJPhinFan21
08-19-2009, 12:34 PM
as you can see from my name. i'm not in Miami. DirecTv is def calling my name thisyear, i have put it off for years now. do i take the plunge and do it? tell me yes.
this year is gonna be great, i'd love to see more than 2 games a year. and i'm kinda of a wacko fan so bars would not appreciate my behavior.

:thanks::beer1:

RonBrown
08-19-2009, 12:37 PM
I was like you before this past year and let me say that it is definitely worth it. After a year of it they gave me all these bonus channels and free hd channels so I really like it.

NJPhinFan21
08-19-2009, 12:41 PM
yeah they got a special right now for 59.99 for 5 months with the NFL package.
just gotta convince the wife. haha

dolpns13
08-19-2009, 12:50 PM
as you can see from my name. i'm not in Miami. DirecTv is def calling my name thisyear, i have put it off for years now. do i take the plunge and do it? tell me yes.
this year is gonna be great, i'd love to see more than 2 games a year. and i'm kinda of a wacko fan so bars would not appreciate my behavior.

:thanks::beer1:

i live in dirty too and have had DTV for years.. just bite the bullet and get it

fatkirstyalley
08-19-2009, 01:08 PM
do it! You will never be able to not have it once you have it. Kind of like crack

nosleep
08-19-2009, 01:11 PM
As long as you can convince your wife, and yourself that it's worth it. Go for it.

Dr. Phin
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
GET THE SUPERFAN PACKAGE. They take all the games each week (except for Thursday, Sunday Night and Monday Night) and remove all the commercial and time between plays into what they call "short cut" games. Each game takes about 25 minutes when they remove all the crap. I can watch 6 games in the time it takes to watch one game. I watched EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR EVERY SINGLE TEAM of the season last year by watching the short cuts. It is an extra $99.

Oh...and if you don't have a DVR...make sure you upgrade to that also....

Arsenal WV
08-19-2009, 06:15 PM
GET THE SUPERFAN PACKAGE. They take all the games each week (except for Thursday, Sunday Night and Monday Night) and remove all the commercial and time between plays into what they call "short cut" games. Each game takes about 25 minutes when they remove all the crap. I can watch 6 games in the time it takes to watch one game. I watched EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR EVERY SINGLE TEAM of the season last year by watching the short cuts. It is an extra $99.

Oh...and if you don't have a DVR...make sure you upgrade to that also....

But a regulation NFL game is 1 hour (60 min) how do they cut it down so much, to where each game takes 25 min? thats WAY under half the normal time of a nfl game

CaliSDFin
08-20-2009, 02:02 AM
But a regulation NFL game is 1 hour (60 min) how do they cut it down so much, to where each game takes 25 min? thats WAY under half the normal time of a nfl game

They take all the time inbetween the plays, so the play clock is running and you don't see that. All the huddles are removed and it is just continuous snaps. It is a great way to watch the games

Back to the thread topic:

This subject comes up every year and I find it hard to believe that all these people don't have friends that own this. Where I live there are atleast 6 of us that have the NFL Package. I will never live without it. Just look at my signature and you will see the way you do it. Ask the installer to give you extra cable and connectors. This will allow you to stretch all the TV's into one room.

DTV likes to give stuff away to new customers. Just call and talk to them saying your interested in them, but not sure if it is worth it due to the price. They will probably give you the NFL package for free as well as some HD channels free.

Overall, just get the package and enjoy your season. You will spend more money going to a bar every Sunday

NJPhinFan21
08-21-2009, 07:21 AM
BIGGEST QUESTION OF ALL: quality? is it as bad as some say? bad weather wise, does it completely ruin the reception?
this is what is holding me up right now, i'm convinced to take teh directv plunge and my wife well she knows its for the Phins so she is on board.

WeVie
08-21-2009, 04:45 PM
BIGGEST QUESTION OF ALL: quality? is it as bad as some say? bad weather wise, does it completely ruin the reception?
this is what is holding me up right now, i'm convinced to take teh directv plunge and my wife well she knows its for the Phins so she is on board.

It's not for me. It has to really pour the rain for my dish to go out and that rarely happens.

Get it dude!!

NJPhinFan21
08-25-2009, 03:14 PM
well....I did it.DirecTv gets hooked up tomorrow. i'm so excited you have no idea!!!
Sept. 13th can't get here soon enough

GO PHINS BABY !!!!