PDA

View Full Version : If ABC Wants To Make People Laugh

Blitz
02-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Bring in Jerry Glanville to "compliment" Madden! HAHAHA

Could you imagine how dumb the commentary would be?

dolfan06
02-28-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Blitz

Could you imagine how dumb the commentary would be? glanville can be pretty obnoxious at times, i think madden would probably attack jerry with his grease pencil!:D

iceblizzard69
02-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Glanville isn't gonna be anywhere next year. Im kinda upset Dan is with NFL today because I prefer FOX NFL Sunday and I think I will stick to FOX but I might switch during commercials to see Dan.

Cranx
02-28-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Blitz

Could you imagine how dumb the commentary would be?

I said almost the exact same thing in my column...read "Good News, Bad News" on the main page. :jumper:

dolfan87
02-28-2002, 11:21 PM
It was a great article Expo...funny, yet very true.

dolfan06
02-28-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Expo88

I said almost the exact same thing in my column...read "Good News, Bad News" on the main page. :jumper: that was not only funny, it was oh so true. write somemore that was great!:D :D :D :D :D :D

dolfan87
02-28-2002, 11:56 PM
Eric Dickerson is also out of the MNF lineup.

I can't say I am disappointed. :D

baccarat
03-01-2002, 12:10 AM
Maybe I am part of the minority here, but I like John Madden. He is a bright man who knows a lot of the unknown trifles of football. I enjoy watching games featuring his commentary. I know a lot of people who are big time football fans, and not once did I hear anybody bad mouthing John Madden. Actually, this is the first time I heard anybody put down Madden.

dolfan06
03-01-2002, 12:10 AM
but getting madden, going from one end of the spectrum to the other and not even taking a look at anything in between. i just loved don meridith when he was on MNF, i think bradshaw could be another color man cut from the same cloth!:D

ohall
03-01-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Expo88

I said almost the exact same thing in my column...read "Good News, Bad News" on the main page. :jumper:

... can be they are even more immature and stupid. To me it's hard to get through all the 3rd grade crap to really appreciate the football content.

I am going to watch CBS now, but before I only wacthed ESPN.

Oliver...

Cranx
03-01-2002, 12:41 AM
That's very true Oliver, they just get on your nerves after awhile. There's actually a lot of really good broadcast talent on Fox, they just digress way too much.;)

Boo, I agree that Madden knows a ton about football but the guy just sounds like a complete knob when he speaks. He rarely has any kind of insight that even the most base fan can't pick up on and his stammering through his commentary just gets old after awhile. There must be others who agree with you though because he's stayed on top for a long time.:goof:

Frank-n-Furter
03-01-2002, 12:58 AM
I think he talks more the older he gets. He's so pugnacious in his discussions and especially overbearing. Listening to John Madden is about as irritating as listening to Gilbert Godfried.

:monkey: John Madden & Gilbert Godfried

(this monkey just had go, that's all)
:monkey:

miadphan13
03-01-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
I think he talks more the older he gets. He's so pugnacious in his discussions and especially overbearing. Listening to John Madden is about as irritating as listening to Gilbert Godfried.

I totally agree and I like the immature humor on FOX. :)

Frank-n-Furter
03-01-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by miadphan13

I totally agree and I like the immature humor on FOX. :) Ahh..Immature humor, it makes the world go 'round!:D Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long are definitely more entertaining than Madden. Plus if I was gay, I'd rather look at Howie Long than John Madden. Actually, I can say that straight cause Madden looks like an overgrown ogre who just gorged himself on a small child.:cool:

dolfan06
03-01-2002, 09:28 AM
someone that needs a license plate for his ass!:D

miadphan13
03-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Plus his eyebrows frighten small children and animals :lol:

dolfan06
03-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Plus his eyebrows frighten small children and animals :lol: it looks like he ate a few small children!:D

miadphan13
03-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
it looks like he ate a few small children!:D

........as bushy as they are, I think he actually ate small animals! :lol:

dolfan06
03-01-2002, 11:14 AM

........as bushy as they are, I think he actually ate small animals! :lol: you do have a point!:lol:

inFINSible
03-01-2002, 01:36 PM
I heard John Madden died a few years ago. That would make sense, since I am convinced that I am watching a Disney animatronic every time I see him on TV.
He is absolutely scary looking if that is a live person. I haven't seen that much makeup on one person since Tammy Faye.
13, you're right about those caterpillars he has above his eyes! I keep waiting for them to turn into butterflys and fly away in mid sentence.:lol:

dolfan06
03-01-2002, 01:42 PM
for all that make up!

that reminds me, i saw a t-shirt that just cracked me up, it had color splotches all over it. i said, " i ran into tammy faye!" just cracked me up!:lol:

Muck
03-01-2002, 02:59 PM
I think lots of posters on this board could use a license plate on their ass. Some of you guys talk about how big you are. It's only natural.......hehehehe.

Muck
03-01-2002, 03:06 PM
I agree with booyeah. I like Madden. Sure he misses a few calls. And he's starting to talk a lot more. But I guarantee you that no other color guy knows more than he does. For all the bad that everyone here is seeming to focus on, you're not including the good. I always hear lots of insightful commentary. I like the move to MNF.

That said, I'll be glad to see a new #1 on Fox. Summerall had a great "NFL voice". But he had just gotten too slow with the call.

I really wish Matt Millen was still in the booth. He was my favorite. Outstanding. He provided relevant and very indepth analysis, but joe average fan could follow it at the same time.

Frank-n-Furter
03-01-2002, 03:59 PM
Plus his eyebrows frighten small children and animals :lol: Only small children and animals? His eyebrows frighten me! One of 'em would make a large comforter for a bed.

:monkey: Madden's eyebrows

:cry: for all the children he's eaten.

:lol: