PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gonzalez

cuban_refugee
08-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I watched the Atl vs Stl preseason game and Tony Gonzalez looked great. He was unstoppable against Stl first team defense. Now, I know Stl has a horrible defense, but I just want to know how we are going to contain him.....who will we put on him on most plays....Tony has great size and always seems to place himself in a better position than the defender.

phinatic913
08-22-2009, 10:39 AM
You wont have to worry cuz Matt Ryan is goin to be put on his a** everytime he drops back. Thanks Joey and Jason =-]

arcane1229
08-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Wilson and Channing are going to have to work together to try and contain him a bit. But the earlier poster is right, hit Ryan every play and the passing game will be controlled. I'm more worried about Turner, he runs hard.

phinatic913
08-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Wilson and Channing are going to have to work together to try and contain him a bit. But the earlier poster is right, hit Ryan every play and the passing game will be controlled. I'm more worried about Turner, he runs hard.

i think turner has had a t.d. in every game in the preseason. I know its only preseason but to do that in just a quarter of work is pretty impressive. Still i think with the big physical corners we should be able to contain him and as long as Fergy is healthy, we should get a big enough push up the middle. Hes still goin to have a t.d. or 2, but basically the fins are goin to have to say "lets stop ryan" or "lets stop turner" and you know they want to control the clock so i think ryan might have an ok day but turner will have a below average day. Im def. not sayin we r goin to stop him just slow him down.

outlawd2u
08-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Still wish Miami would have went after Gonzo, all this nonsense of we already had Fasano was hogwash.... hogwash I tell ya lol. Fasano is good enough but Gonzalez is on a whole differen't level than he is. As for stopping him it's going to be tough, if he was their only weapon it wouldn't be much of a problem but they have a few at their disposal.

sharp
08-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Its going to be a great game. I think we are better the STL and our run D is also better. Tony G has always given us problems and while he may have 100 yds and a TD or 2, I think our D will hold Turner to 70 yds and our O will dominate their Defense. Virtually making Tony obsolete.