PDA

View Full Version : I love jake long but do you wish we drafted ryan

pumpdogs
08-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Jake long is going to be a great left tackle but do you wish we drafted matt ryan instead?I was hoping chad henne would just light it up in preseason and make tony think twice about who the starter is but I have not seen anything special.It did not take the falcons long to fiqure out what they have in matt ryan.
A stud QB or stud LT,I will take the Qb everytime.Of course if chad turns out to be a stud down the road like rivers in san diego we all be happy.

X-Pacolypse
08-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Not this sh*t again. While you're at it, why don't bring up Brady Quinn as well? Patience people, Geez.

Etuoo33
08-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Talk to us after the first game when we expose Ryan.

Wadeshow
08-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I would rather have a amazing LT when you do not have a O-line dont matter who your qb is beacuse he will be on the ground all the time.

bdmagnum
08-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Jake long is going to be a great left tackle but do you wish we drafted matt ryan instead?I was hoping chad henne would just light it up in preseason and make tony think twice about who the starter is but I have not seen anything special.It did not take the falcons long to fiqure out what they have in matt ryan.
A stud QB or stud LT,I will take the Qb everytime.Of course if chad turns out to be a stud down the road like rivers in san diego we all be happy.

A stud QB isn't a stub QB if they don't have a stud LT to protect his @ss.

If I had to do the draft all over again, I would still take Jake Long.

BARF
08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
having a dominant LT for 15 years vs a qb that only last maybe 12 is much better LT is where it starts

Fish-Head
08-23-2009, 12:05 PM
This is really a question about Henne... Long is NEVER gonna be a bad pick even compared to Ryan... But if Henne pans out then it is sheer freakin' genius.

BARF
08-23-2009, 01:06 PM
the best thing about it is that henne and long know each other very well

frostyphin84
08-23-2009, 01:23 PM
put ryan behind our line without long, the prodogy is no more. and the rams take jake long instead of chris long to replace pace. now bulger and stephen jackson become one of the leagues best rb qb options, and we are having the convo of why we took this busted qb, and not the stud LT that would've been a cornerstone for better than a decade...

Gardenhead
08-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Slam the OP all you want, it is fair (albeit old) argument.

If Ryan has another amazing year, its fair to say we made the wrong pick. But it wasn't the equivalent of Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Its more like taking Hakeem Olijawan over Michael Jordan.

Rockets fans know they passed on Jordan, but Hakeem brought them two rings.

chillwill3000
08-23-2009, 01:54 PM

No. STFU

SpurzN703
08-23-2009, 01:56 PM

Ryan and Henne were put into 2 different situations. You can't compare the two

JG777
08-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Henne will be fine, I like the way things are now:up:

Strangeworld
08-23-2009, 02:03 PM
LOl at this thread!

U ALWAYS Take the Franchise QB over the Left Tackle! ALWAYS!!!

This is like asking do you take Richmond Webb or Dan Marino?

frostyphin84
08-23-2009, 02:22 PM
LOl at this thread!

its more like deciding if you take marino in the first round, or believing you can get marino in the 2nd after getting web, assuming webb will be taken before the 2nd. and again, how much did marino and his rebuilt Achilles appreciate webb?

SwimminInIndy
08-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Just echoing, but Jake Long will NEVER be looked at as a bad pick...He will sure up our line for a while.

SuperMarksBros.
08-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Ask the rams if they prefer Orlando Pace vs undrafted Kurt Warner/6th round pick Marc Bulger

67Stang
08-23-2009, 02:44 PM
If we picked Matt Ryan, I doubt we pick up Penny from the Jets. I think Penny more by what he brought in from a leadership and solidity aspect more than his play was a big reason we turned things around. Jake is a beast and should solidify the o-line for a long time!

Fish-Head
08-23-2009, 02:45 PM
LOl at this thread!

:lol2:

This statement is hilarious as it is pure HINDSIGHT... It implies that predicting who will be a franchise QB IS EASY when there is probably no tougher choice in all of football.

They MISS MUCH MORE than they hit at QB... Hmmm I wonder how happy the 9'ers are with Alex Smith...

There is no greater misnomer in all of sport than a 'can't miss' prospect at QB...

Remember that Kansas City thought Todd Blackledge was a better prospect than Marino... New England considered Tony Eason better and The Jets took Ken O'Brien ahead of Dan the Man. What does hindsight tell you about those decisions?

The Dolphins made the right play at the time and as I said before if Henne turns into a gem... They made THE PERFECT PLAY.

Pinkboy
08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Ask the rams if they prefer Orlando Pace vs undrafted Kurt Warner/6th round pick Marc Bulger

Exactly ! The Rams didn't need to spend a top pick on a QB. They found them anyway.

And without an ALL-Pro like Pace at LT protecting them, they don't look nearly as good as they did. And it sure helped having all those great skill position players that any QB would look good with.

Miamifinz
08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Why would we get Matt Ryan when we had no one to protect him?

Namor
08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Matt Ryan vs Jake Long is a debate that CANNOT be answered after only one year.
Look at it again in about 4 more years.
Body of work usually answers all debates.

Clipse
08-23-2009, 02:51 PM
No.

Strangeworld
08-23-2009, 02:51 PM
lol when Matt Ryan throws for 300 yards against us in week one people will be singing a different toon

Miamifinz
08-23-2009, 02:54 PM
lol when Matt Ryan throws for 300 yards against us in week one people will be singing a different toon

I'll be singing the 6 sacks on Ryan kind of tune.

Aren't you just a positive thinker?

H4wt Pocket
08-23-2009, 02:59 PM
You can't throw the ball without an O-line. It all starts in the trenches.

TPD1479
08-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Not this sh*t again. While you're at it, why don't bring up Brady Quinn as well? Patience people, Geez.

Exactly, believe me when Henne gets the reigns we will ALL be very satisfied!! But for now my only concern is CHAD PENNINGTON getting us a championship!!!!

The Ghost
08-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Absolutely, if you said no your opinion on football from this point forward ceases to matter.

I love Jake Long but a QB like Matt Ryan comes along once a decade.

Its a whole lot easier to say this now than it would've been a year ago. Ryan could've had a 13 TD 28 INT rookie season and we'd be feeling even better about Jake.

The fact of the matter is the Dolphins have passed on many hall of fame players in there history, as have every other team, this one shouldn't matter anymore than not drafting Randy Moss.

Jake might be a hall of famer himself and make it an irrelevant point.

Yessir
08-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Jake Long is going to be a perinnial All-Pro and have career that mirrors that of Richmond Webb.

Matt Ryan is good QB, not great. He's not Brady, He's not Manning. He's more of a Phillip Rivers type. Good, but not that good.

Pinkboy
08-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Jake Long is going to be a perinnial All-Pro and have career that mirrors that of Richmond Webb.

Matt Ryan is good QB, not great. He's not Brady, He's not Manning. He's more of a Phillip Rivers type. Good, but not that good.

yup

pumpdogs
08-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I just asked a question.By the way who is the stud left tackle atlanta has?I bet half of you have no clue who he is.I do not know why I waste my time on this stupid site!!!!!!!!!

LtDan
08-23-2009, 10:12 PM
A stud QB or stud LT,I will take the Qb everytime.Of course if chad turns out to be a stud down the road like rivers in san diego we all be happy.nope

SwimminInIndy
08-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I just asked a question.By the way who is the stud left tackle atlanta has?I bet half of you have no clue who he is.I do not know why I waste my time on this stupid site!!!!!!!!!
Then don't waste your time...Go to another site, and bring up stupid questions there.

pumpdogs
08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey genius,
Who is the falcons left tackle?You are just like everybody else on this site clueless.All I keep hearing from you so called experts (you are really all homers or *****)Matt Ryan would suck if he played for us.What kind of line did the falcons have going into last season.I AM THE MAN YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Case in point.Goodbye

SwimminInIndy
08-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey genius,
Who is the falcons left tackle?You are just like everybody else on this site clueless.All I keep hearing from you so called experts (you are really all homers or *****)Matt Ryan would suck if he played for us.What kind of line did the falcons have going into last season.I AM THE MAN YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Case in point.Goodbye
Hopefully for good...

The point most of us are trying to make is that our line REALLY needed help, and Jake Long provides that. LT is a very important position on the O Line and Jake locks that up for years. Sure Matt Ryan had a good year with the Falcons, but their line is solid. I don't know the LT's name on the Falcons, and that is an okay point, but arguing that we should have taken Matt Ryan instead of Jake is dumb IMO.