PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull

JCane
08-24-2009, 03:04 AM
You can't mess with this dude. I don't even think Kanye West ever got a key to the city and if anyone ever deserved a key to a city it's Kanye West.

Miami rapper Pitbull received one of his hometown’s highest honors this week when he was given the key to the city of Miami by Commissioner Tomas Regalado for his positive representation of the city.

"Pitbull not only lives in Miami, but he's been traveling the country and the world sharing a positive message of Miami," Commissioner Regalado told the Associated Press (AP). "So, we should honor not only the dignitaries that visit, but those individuals who make a positive impact on the city."

I believe this O F F I C I A L L Y makes him Mr. 305!

:woot:

http://www.bet.com/Music/news/musicnews_pitbullkeytothecity_8.21.09.htm

canesandbhoys
08-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Eh, I know I don't live in Miami, but the first rapper that comes to mind when I think of Miami is Rick Ross.

As far as Kanye getting a key to the city, Common easily holds the position of being Chicago's rapper.

JCane
08-24-2009, 05:51 AM
I always think of Trick Daddy. But no one touches Kanye lol. It's pretty sweet when just about ever other rapper out there hates you and your style because you're not wearing the same **** as everyone else and rapping about the same hoes, cars, drugs, and guns.

canesandbhoys
08-24-2009, 06:02 AM
Pretty sure everybody hates Kanye because he's putting the final nail in Hip Hop's coffin. Plus, Kanye does rap about hoes, cars, money, etc. And what Kanye wears isn't really that original.

Would you ever wear these?
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

JCane
08-24-2009, 06:04 AM
I wouldn't wear that garbage but I'm glad he does. Gotta love that ego man.

"People talk so much **** about me at barber shops they forget to get their hair cut."

:sidelol:

canesandbhoys
08-24-2009, 06:26 AM
There's a difference between confidence and arrogance.

T.I. is confident, Nas is confident. Kanye is arrogant. That's why Kanye is becoming a joke in the rap community. That's why Lil Wayne is becoming a joke, he's arrogant enough to completely change what got him to the top.

JCane
08-24-2009, 06:28 AM
I love that arrogance. That swagger. Dude said he was gonna out sell 50 Cent and did it lol. I love it.

canesandbhoys
08-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Nah, I'd rather listen to dudes who can stay down to earth and talk about real things. I felt what Kanye was about when he starting making his own music, and I like a song here or there. But he's changed quite a bit from when he started. I'm just not much of a fan, no big deal...

RaboGrande24
08-24-2009, 04:18 PM
It happens to everybody. Its called being "mainstream". It isnt a coincidence that ever artist's first album is also his best. Theyre hungry and being real so the music is really who they are. I used to like Kanye but I agree, he's gotten too arrogant for his own good

eger
08-24-2009, 05:30 PM
I was out at Bartender's bash 2 years ago, we were chillin out in the sand bar getting drunk as hell. DJ Laz had a boat out ther blasting music and a bunch of fine lookin women on the boat. I'm just standin around drinking, when some guy comes up to me in the middle of the ocean and says what's up, introduced himself as "Alejandro." But I recognized the guy and it was PitBull. We Bs'ed for a a few, really nice down to earth guy..

Finch83
08-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Kayne West is a gay fish (not that there is anything wrong with that). He raps about Louie Vutton clothes and Gucci.

Personally, my favorites are A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, Method Man, Redman, and Big L.
I also dig anything with Dr Dre and some Eminem (when he actually puts forth some effort he is sick)

Arsenal WV
08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
When I think of Miami and the rap game.

The first person that comes to mind is Mr. Rick Ross

Arsenal WV
08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
oh....

and I dislike Kanye West very much.

MelbournePhin
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
wheni think of miami and the rap game, i immediately think garbage. nothing beats 90s rap

JCane
08-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Kayne West is a gay fish (not that there is anything wrong with that). He raps about Louie Vutton clothes and Gucci.

Personally, my favorites are A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, Method Man, Redman, and Big L.
I also dig anything with Dr Dre and some Eminem (when he actually puts forth some effort he is sick)

Don't be knocking my Gucci's man!

:lol:

eger
08-27-2009, 03:55 PM
wheni think of miami and the rap game, i immediately think garbage. nothing beats 90s rap

While I agree, there are still some songs I like even though I wouldn't consider it Hip Hop. When I moved out here to Tx I started gaining appreciation for UGK, Bun B, Pimp C, ect...

I am 33 years old and still listen to it.

Vaark
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey, this "old school" guy lives in West Palm.. how about him?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif