PDA

View Full Version : Five NFL teams whose fans should temper their expectations

BAMAPHIN 22
08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
According to The Sporting News there are 5 fan bases who need to lower their expectations.... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-08-24/five-nfl-teams-whose-fans-should-temper-their-expectations

Betcha you thought the Dolphnis would be one of them, right?

SpaceMountain16
08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
All 5 of these teams will be in the playoffs.

cafinfan408
08-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Does he really think someone besides the chargers are going to win the AFC west.
They could probably win that division with their 3rd string qb

nick1
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Does he really think someone besides the chargers are going to win the AFC west.
They could probably win that division with their 3rd string qb

not so fast kansas city could very well win it, they are looking good to me

NYinBostonFin
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM

They are? I heard early reports on Cassel, I didn't hear much good.

nick1
08-26-2009, 12:42 PM
if you watched him in preseason he was on the money and that defense is looking pretty good

ArmyFin7
08-26-2009, 07:18 PM

You are off your rocker!!!
Cassell is constantly running for his life!! The line can't open any holes either....theiur D doesn't look to bad but that O-line is quite possibly the worst in the league!!!

Ricky4Life
08-26-2009, 11:06 PM
You are off your rocker!!!
Cassell is constantly running for his life!! The line can't open any holes either....theiur D doesn't look to bad but that O-line is quite possibly the worst in the league!!!

What you mean?? They just got Alleman and Ike so they are set now right. :rimshot:

undefeated72
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
So, who are the 5 teams that should temper expectations? Before looking I guessed Cardinals, Eagles, Bears, Steelers, and Jets. I may have uneasily selected the Dolphins since my expectations (hopes, really) are not always realistic.

Bears: I don't think the acquisition of Jay Cutler is necessarily going to put them on top of the NFC Central. They could finsh as low as third.

Steelers: Every, I mean EVERY, Steeler fan I have talked to is expecting the Steelers to repeat. They are very good, but repeating is tough. Anything less than a repeat and their fans will be upset.

Jets: Last time I looked Sanchez doesn't have a big "S" on his chest, nor is he wearing a cape. Plus, I always feel Jet fans are overly optimistic.

Honorable mentioned went to the Falcons, Giants, and, of course, the Patriots. Just my opinion.