PDA

View Full Version : Help with Phins Pass Rush

mbmonk
08-25-2009, 03:36 PM
With Porter and JT the dolphins should have a pretty good pass rush, but I can't seem to unlock that potential.

I have to send 5 or more defenders to get decent pressure. If I only rush 4 then the QB has a ton of time.

Anyone have any tips? Any blitz you like to run?

I have tried putting in the "LB Pash Rush" package ( basically puts Porters at the LDE and Tayler at the RDE), but that doesn't work all that well either.

Thanks

Tetragrammaton
08-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Well. Since Roth isn't a starter in the game, you should switch him to a defensive end. I believe he is an 85 overall at the position. He can play over Merling, which will make things much better. If you let Roth start at linebacker and convert Jason Taylor to defensive end, he is a whopping 93. That should make your rush much better.

Also, if you move Starks to defensive tackle, he goes up to 73 overall, so you can sub him in over Ferguson on passing downs.

mbmonk
08-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Lol. I would have never thought about the substitutions you suggested. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me that. Trying it out now.

Jason at left DE with porter right next to him is nice :). Thank you very much.

Man coverage is still almost useless to me (unless it's an all out blitz, zero coverage blitzs). LB's can't cover RB in the flats at all. DB's can't cover much lower skill receivers.. ugh. Really limits what you can do.

Predaphin
08-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Put Roth on one side (DE) and put Cameron Wake (DE) on the other. Let Porter and Jt be on the outside Linebackers

Travis34
09-02-2009, 10:53 PM
I know this isn't an every down situation, but when I use the quarter formation I quick sub-in JT and JP in as the DE's because Crowder is the only LB on the field in that formation. There are times when I've seen Porter just blow just the linemen pretty much unblocked and get a ton of pressure.

WeVie
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
is there a way to make all those subs while not playing a game and leave it like that?

mbmonk
09-13-2009, 11:31 AM
is there a way to make all those subs while not playing a game and leave it like that?

Yea. Look for the "Depth chart" section.

Hope that helps,
Mike

Tetragrammaton
09-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Here is another trick you can do. Before the snap, manually pull a DE (Merling since he is faster) and line him up outside of Langford. He will go unblocked and the line cannot adjust to it. However, only do this on obvious passing downs, because if they rush the other way, the free offensive linemen will pick up the linebackers and the back will be gone.

WeVie
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Here is another trick you can do. Before the snap, manually pull a DE (Merling since he is faster) and line him up outside of Langford. He will go unblocked and the line cannot adjust to it. However, only do this on obvious passing downs, because if they rush the other way, the free offensive linemen will pick up the linebackers and the back will be gone.

Do you mean line him up as a linebacker behind him on the outside or still on the line?

Tetragrammaton
09-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Do you mean line him up as a linebacker behind him on the outside or still on the line?

I put him just outside the line so he stays standing. You get a much better burst that way.

MARINO1384
09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I put Taylor and Wake as my DE then i'll either cover 4 or use the 1-5-5 cover 3 with the cover 4 i'll manually take either wake or taylor and i'll place him in the weak part of the zone then show blitz. Once the receiver passes the weak part in the zone and is covered i take the manually controlled DE n rush him as the qb, having these two at DE also makes it much harder for people to rush with the qb especially with everyone playing with Vick n the eagles. I don't like rushing the qbs too many big plays given up. I'm 60-17 online and i ddi the same scheme last year and last year i was ranked as high as 187 online and was like 375-136 or something like that. There are plays to get a blitz try the NYJ d playbook, thats what most are using but i play with NE's i like simply stuff